Jul 24, 2019 at 5:58 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ohhhh I see what's going on now, you're renaming the filename. I don't think CE automatically changes the memory for them like in BL, so it's recommended to just name it back to Kings

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:34 PM
"Huzzah!"
Ohhhh I see what's going on now, you're renaming the filename. I don't think CE automatically changes the memory for them like in BL, so it's recommended to just name it back to Kings

Tried that, its still blank, but I can live with that honestly, im just glad it doesn't crash....

Jul 26, 2019 at 7:18 AM
"Huzzah!"
So I just played Jenkas Nightmare (Amazing Fan Game) and It got me thinking about the Snake in Jenkas nightmare and the Bubble Line and Machine Gun in Cave Story, how do they automatically regain their ammo?

This is question 1000 this week folks!

Jul 26, 2019 at 2:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm pretty sure all gun properties except ammo are in the executable itself.

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:39 AM
"Huzzah!"
Question 1001!

I was going through Jenkas nightmare and wondered: "How could I make custom tile sets" so Im asking exactly that!
How to I make custom tile sets

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:11 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Visually you can just edit the .bmps in the data/Stages folder with the program of your choice. The tileset properties can be modified in whatever map editor you're using.

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:18 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
You fire up an image editor and do your stuff. Make sure to save your tilesets as 24-bit bmp files starting with "Prt". The width of the bitmap has to be 256 px and the height has to be a multiple of 16, but not greater than 256. Then copy any of the .pxa files in the stage folder and rename it to match your bmp's name.

Afterwards, in BL or CE you can assign states/properties for each 1:1 tile (i.e. solid, breakable, etc.).

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:20 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
There's a bunch of tutorials just three threads below, which might help you with some newbie questions. Both ASM hacking and Image editing are here.

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:17 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Question 1001!

I was going through Jenkas nightmare and wondered: "How could I make custom tile sets" so Im asking exactly that!
How to I make custom tile sets
As Joexys pointed out, easiet is to just make a copy one of the prt files under data/stage and also the similiarly named pxa file in the same folder and just make your tileset on that- remember that individual tiles are 16 by 16 pixels.
Once you are done select your new tileset and in bl you can right click the tiles to choose their behavior (solid, foreground, water etc, the pxa file contains what of these types the tiles are).
If you want to make custom collission, you'll have to look at asm stuff. But if you want a tile to be interactible or do stuff when touched you can apply tsc by using a null npc.

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:19 PM
War criminal
And just in case you may ask this, it is also kinda the same for custom npc spritesheets, just start the files with Npc first. However, you will need to use the npc.tbl (NPC Table in Cave Editor) as a reference for which entities can go together, as well as looking at the other spritesheets to make sure the sprites won't overlap each other.

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:23 PM
"Huzzah!"
this?c.PNG
or this? c2.PNG

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:36 PM
War criminal
The second one is the one you want to use.

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:01 PM
"Huzzah!"
So do I do Testing Tileset?

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:58 AM
War criminal
So do I do Testing Tileset?
Nah, just Tileset (the one above Hurt Sound). I have no idea what the Testing Tileset thing is for, tbh

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:23 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I'm on linux.
Is there any way to mod NXEngine Evo?
There's a 'mods' start menu item, but I don't know how to write a mod for it.

I'm proficient windows modding (generally, I know how to use Booster's Lab for stage / script / entity editing, but I don't know assembly hacks), but I don't even know where to start with NXEngine Evo modding.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or if it's been answered before - I used the search function here but couldn't find anything.

Aug 5, 2019 at 11:22 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
better engine
also known as literally the original engine, of course the original engine is better than a fan-made one

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:17 PM
"Huzzah!"
Capture.PNG
I want the <MYB to happen before the text starts going, what am I doing wrong?
Also is there a way to change the size of a map with Booster's Lab? I am tired of having to switch to Cave Editor just to utilize this feature.