Mar 24, 2010 at 11:09 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Hey, er, does anyone know what needs to be changed to prevent missiles from dropping?
I know the call for dropping EXP, but I don't know about the one for missiles...
{The question's been asked a few times before, too, but never really answered...}

Well, I think it goes if a certain flag is on, so you could search for a command block
PUSH (flag #, hex)
CALL 0040E930
ADD ESP,4

And that'll most likely be it. That call's to check if a flag is set. From there, you could nop some stuff, or perhaps change the flag # so you could turn it on or off at will.

Or I could be wrong, you never know. I'd take a look myself but I don't know the flag off the top of my head and I'm feeling too lazy to look it up.

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Been here way too long...
I remember looking for this a looooooooong time ago. Went through every single entity create code in the exe, and never found it. I got sort of bored by halfway through though, and it probably pushes a variable anyways.

Might check again, but nox has the right idea here.

Mar 25, 2010 at 5:26 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I have also tried and failed to do this, despite many many attempts. Noxid may be right, but maybe not. Whether or not you have the missle could be checked every time a powerup is about to be created.

I can tell you that the missiles created when an entity dies and the ones created by placing them on the map are different, that was about the only thing useful I found in my searches.

Mar 25, 2010 at 5:59 AM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I thought someone said a flag is set internally when the <AM+ is used to get the missile launcher, triggering the spawning of missiles. if I remember right, once they start spawning, they don't stop even if you get rid of the launcher.

Apr 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
When I open up doukutsu.exe with the Cave Editor and change something, like add a map or edit one, I can't save my progress. I save, and then when I load it again it's back to the original. I've read dragonboots' guide, did some searching but nothing helped.

I'm new to this.

Apr 2, 2010 at 6:57 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
WoodenRat said:
When I open up doukutsu.exe with the Cave Editor and change something, like add a map or edit one, I can't save my progress. I save, and then when I load it again it's back to the original. I've read dragonboots' guide, did some searching but nothing helped.

I'm new to this.

Right click the data folder in the folder where doukutsu is stored. Go to properties. If read only is checked, uncheck it. If problem persists, do the same to folder that contains doukutsu.exe.

Apr 2, 2010 at 7:31 PM
Pirate Member
Thanks man it saves now, I made a new map and it stayed after I reopened Cave Editor.

But it still doesn't let me "Save and Test".

Apr 2, 2010 at 7:39 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
WoodenRat said:
Thanks man it saves now, I made a new map and it stayed after I reopened Cave Editor.

But it still doesn't let me "Save and Test".

That button is broken, before when it was enabled it crashed the editor and corrupted your exe.

Apr 2, 2010 at 7:39 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
That feature is broken/nonexistent as far as I know, and it has been for awhile.
EDIT: Noooooo :[

Apr 2, 2010 at 7:42 PM
Pirate Member
Well that explains it.

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:02 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hey, i have a question maybe u can answer. I want to port my tileset on one game i was working on to another... But, I don't know how to access the fileset outside of CE. Can you tell me how i can port it? thanks

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:08 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
ericjlima said:
Hey, i have a question maybe u can answer. I want to port my tileset on one game i was working on to another... But, I don't know how to access the fileset outside of CE. Can you tell me how i can port it? thanks
Go into the data folder of your old project and copy the PBM files you want into the data folder of your new project.

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:41 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
I swear I'm repeating myself

ericjlima said:
Mr. Fist said:
Go into the data folder of your old project and copy the PBM files you want into the data folder of your new project.
There's more to it than that, namely what to call the new .PBM and how to tell the game what each tile does.

The graphics part is simple, the interaction between the player and tileset require more work.
For the graphics, simply copy and paste a new Prt****.PBM from the Data/Stage folder {**** being a name you choose} and paste all the graphics in there.
You can extend the height all you want, but keep the width exactly the same, or CS won't read it right.
Once you have the Prt finished, you need to copy an existing .PXA and rename to whatever your Prt file is {Minus the Prt}. After that, you'll need to get CE.
Just open the EXE and find the new tileset you made, and open it up.
Now you need to assign each 'square' it's own 'behavior'. {Each square being 16x16 pixels big}
As you will see in the editor, on the left is the graphics, and on the right is a mirrored form with all the 'behaviors' of those tiles.
Just right-click on the tiles to give them a new behavior.
Solid blocks should have number 41, water should be 60, ramps are 50-57 & 60-67, etc.

Apr 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM
Pirate Member
Re: I swear I'm repeating myself

When I edit the script of a new map, there's a symbol "ý" in the beginning.

What's it for?

Apr 3, 2010 at 2:31 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
As my professor would say, it's absolute unmitigated garbage.
So, delete it.

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:56 PM
Pirate Member
Okay I did delete it, so now it's an empty script. But when I try editing it and saving, Cave Editor just crashes. Doesn't matter what I put in the script.

Apr 3, 2010 at 4:50 PM
Try Sues?
Bug free goodness, at your command.

Apr 3, 2010 at 5:23 PM
Pirate Member
Yeah I'll try that.

Is it necessary to rename all the pbm's to bmp's or is there a way around it?

Apr 3, 2010 at 5:57 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Simple stuff...

Lace said:
Try Sues?
Bug free goodness, at your command.
Wasn't someone griping about CE propaganda, earlier >.>
WoodenRat said:
Okay I did delete it, so now it's an empty script. But when I try editing it and saving, Cave Editor just crashes. Doesn't matter what I put in the script.
Simply put an event #9999 at the very bottom before you make anything else.
Like this:
Code:

It'll save fine, just add events inbetween the two. {Or before the 0100, if you really want to}

Apr 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM
AHHH WAIT I RESCIND MY RECOMMENDATION!
CE to SW will murder your gaem.

And void, I was complaining about ce propaganda in THE FREAKING SUE'S THREAD. Plus, this isn't really propaganda, I suggested sues because he was having a weird issue with cave editor I know sw doesn't have. Propaganda would be "omg, liek, soos is sooooooo muc bettr THAN ce coz it is better lol". Not what I said.

And that's a really weird requirement of ce, I must say.