Aug 11, 2021 at 7:33 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Then what? Do I even need to use the <MIM Command like, What do I do exactly to get it working?
Yes. You need to use the <MIM command at the script its supposed to change the player's sprite to activate the custom player spritesheet

I haven't used <MIM in a while but I think if you have 3rd custom Quote sprite below the mimiga mask you'd use <MIM0002 to switch to it, as <MIM0000 should be the top/default sprite, correct me if I'm wrong by the way

Aug 11, 2021 at 9:56 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Yes. You need to use the <MIM command at the script its supposed to change the player's sprite to activate the custom player spritesheet

I haven't used <MIM in a while but I think if you have 3rd custom Quote sprite below the mimiga mask you'd use <MIM0002 to switch to it, as <MIM0000 should be the top/default sprite, correct me if I'm wrong by the way
When I type numbers after <MIM, The Numbers are gray. EDIT: OH WAIT NVM IT WORKS TYSM

Oct 26, 2021 at 11:45 PM
"Huzzah!"
How do I change the size of a map in Booster's Lab?

Oct 26, 2021 at 11:53 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Oct 26, 2021 at 11:53 PM
"Huzzah!"
tile mode > right click > resize map

Nov 6, 2021 at 2:34 PM
Can I get verified in the CSMC?

Nov 6, 2021 at 3:42 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
What exactly do you mean by "verified" in the CSMC? We don't give you a blue checkmark by your name once you've reached a certain quota of contribution to the community or something like that, you just build a reputation through your actions.

Nov 6, 2021 at 7:49 PM
Tried opening Booster's Lab (v0.5.0.0) but got this message instead.
"Could not find the main class. Program will exit."

Version 0.4.5.0 runs just fine, though.

So question is, is there a way to get BL v0.5.0.0 to work?

(If this has already been answered elsewhere, sorry; my mobile device doesn't like the search function so I can't use that. :-/ )

Nov 6, 2021 at 7:58 PM
Based Member
Not sure what your problem is, but I would suggest making sure your Java is up to date. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit, and BL v0.5.0.0 seems to work fine for me.

Nov 6, 2021 at 8:24 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Can I get verified in the CSMC?
If you're not able to access the text channels in the CSMC, too bad cause you have to get verified to access them. usually takes up to 24 hours.

Nov 6, 2021 at 8:34 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
If you're not able to access the text channels in the CSMC, too bad cause you have to get verified to access them. usually takes up to 24 hours.
Don't you just have to put the name of the blond robot in Cave Story and then wait until you get verified.

Nov 6, 2021 at 8:43 PM
Based Member
Oh hang on, are you talking about the Cave Story Tribute Site Forums Discord Server? You were already on there, Brite. But then Tpcool booted you, because you were kind of spamming:
SpamtonBrite.png

Nov 6, 2021 at 11:10 PM
Based Member
aren't you banned from there or was that an old account
Exactly what I said.
Code:
(CSTSF)brite == (CSMC)spamton

Ironically appropriate, actually, to name yourself spamton and then post a bunch of silly messages in the server.

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:12 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Error Type: User Error
Problem: User joined CSMC server with two brand new accounts, spammed/excessively-pinged in the welcome channel, and then had the two accounts argue with each other.
Solution: None. Verification/Filtration works as intended.

Nov 19, 2021 at 11:57 AM
Seeing as I'm currently unable to update Java, I'll stick to Cave Editor (though only where necessary) and Booster's Lab 0.4.5.0; I do, however, have questions.

Firstly, how many maps can CS mods have (if they weren't Cave Editor'd)?
Secondly, I got an "error copying files" error when duplicating a map in BL. Should this worry me? Or is it something easily dealt with?
Thirdly, what are the size limits for maps? (I think 21x16 is the minimum, but not sure on the maximum...)

Nov 19, 2021 at 2:59 PM
Based Member
I believe the map limit for Cave Story is 128. Although if you can help it, I'd suggest replacing existing maps instead of adding new ones.
That's weird, the duplicate map feature in BL seems to work okay for me. Might be a problem with version 0.4.5.0, but obviously that can't be helped much in your case.
I'm not aware of any specific limit on the size of maps, but I do know that the game will let you make maps that are pretty darn big. Generally, one design practice we try to discourage is to make your maps too enormous. Even in the case of mods that did this gracefully, like Jenka's Nightmare and CS Redesign, it can make the mod hard to navigate. Also, not sure if this matters, but if your map exceeds certain dimensions (don't know the dimensions off the top of my head), then the map system won't work on that map.

Nov 19, 2021 at 3:33 PM
"Huzzah!"
I believe the map limit for Cave Story is 128. Although if you can help it, I'd suggest replacing existing maps instead of adding new ones.
That's weird, the duplicate map feature in BL seems to work okay for me. Might be a problem with version 0.4.5.0, but obviously that can't be helped much in your case.
I'm not aware of any specific limit on the size of maps, but I do know that the game will let you make maps that are pretty darn big. Generally, one design practice we try to discourage is to make your maps too enormous. Even in the case of mods that did this gracefully, like Jenka's Nightmare and CS Redesign, it can make the mod hard to navigate. Also, not sure if this matters, but if your map exceeds certain dimensions (don't know the dimensions off the top of my head), then the map system won't work on that map.
I believe Boosters Lab allows you to have more maps than 128, if I remember correctly.

AQUA BARRIER had around 142~ maps in the freeware exe, if that says anything. I believe it crashed after 142, but that might've been a weird windows issue that has been fixed since. I remember testing in June/July, and you may be able to add as many maps as you want. You'll start risking it after 128 maps though, probably.

Nov 19, 2021 at 5:31 PM
Okay, I may've figured out the error's cause (duplicating a new map that hasn't got a script; duplicating maps with a script don't bring up the error), so that's hopefully not an issue now.

Thank you! =)

Nov 20, 2021 at 8:11 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Thirdly, what are the size limits for maps? (I think 21x16 is the minimum, but not sure on the maximum...)
307200 tiles is what I've heard. Theoretically this allows a perfectly square map no larger than 554x554, but any dimensions within this bound should work (albeit not be fun to traverse in). Also as Hayden said earlier the map system item will stop working correctly far below this threshold (unless you use the modloader .dll that dynamically resizes its rendering).

Last edited: