Aug 26, 2011 at 10:47 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Noxid said:
pics or it didn't happen?

But either way that's incorrect and will cause errors in your scripts.

Even so, it wouldn't cause this problem to happen. If you did put a three digit number, it would still run an event and the character would change its sprite to either the "looking left" or "looking right" sprite. Lem's problem is that the event won't run.

EDIT: Wait, it's a life capsule, right? Can you actually see the capsule in game? Otherwise you might have picked a flag that's already set.

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:05 AM
"Huzzah!"
can someone help me with the bullet issue? It's really slowing down my progress in my mod.

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:41 AM
Professional Whatever
Why don't you send me a copy of your mod, and I'll take a look for you? I don't see any way to fix this with the info you've given us.

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:33 AM
"Huzzah!"
LunarSoul said:
Why don't you send me a copy of your mod, and I'll take a look for you? I don't see any way to fix this with the info you've given us.

How would I do that?

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:38 AM
Professional Whatever
Easy, just upload it to 4shared and tell me what you called the file in a PM.
I'll find it.

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:40 AM
"Huzzah!"
LunarSoul said:
Easy, just upload it to 4shared and tell me what you called the file in a PM.
I'll find it.

I will do that, only if I know how to remove it after you get it downloaded.
don't want to have others find it when it sucks and is glitched up

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:41 AM
Professional Whatever
There should be a trash can or delete button (or something) right beside it.

Aug 27, 2011 at 2:36 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I have a question regarding the differences between Sue's Workshop 0.3a and Sue's Workshop 0.3c. I know that one editor works with editing the game where the images in .PBM format (0.3a) and the other(0.3c) works with editing the game when the image files are in .BMP format.

Are there advantages to working with the .PBM one (the one I made my mods with) and having your images in the original .PBM format over the .BMP one (which allows you to more easily edit the images in Paint.NET without having to constantly change your images back to .PBM after editing them?)

Can you edit your game with version 0.3a and then switch over to 0.3c midway without any damages or file corruption? (I know this can't be done in Cave Editor).

Is one version more stable or reliable than the other?

I know these questions might not be that important, but I'm thinking of making a modding tutorial, and am just also curious what the community here feels would be the best version for teaching others to mod. I want to state that, unfortunately, cave editor is not in the equation since I have never used it and thus can't teach others to use it.

Thanks for your input and help!

Aug 27, 2011 at 2:41 AM
Professional Whatever
You're making a modding tutorial? You do know DragonBoots has an amazing one, right?
Well, I think that's for Cave Editor anyway, so you might have a chance.
And Cave Editor files work between versions. It's only when you transfer from using CE to Sue's on the same mod, that's when things get screwed up.
Sorry about your question, I don't even know how to use Sue's.
Good thing I never got it working, I'm pretty sure CE can do more anyway.

Aug 27, 2011 at 2:52 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011 at 2:56 AM
Professional Whatever
Noxid said:

*Fist bump*
Points for sarcasm!

Anyway, you can pretty much find anything you need by searching the forums or asking some of the big names. I'm sure at least one Sue's modder out there knows.
Alternatively, if you're not far in your mod, you could ditch Sue's and try CE.
It let's you change those pesky pbms all nifty-like.

I'm silly.

Aug 27, 2011 at 4:10 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Backyardcabinxy said:
I have a question regarding the differences between Sue's Workshop 0.3a and Sue's Workshop 0.3c. I know that one editor works with editing the game where the images in .PBM format (0.3a) and the other(0.3c) works with editing the game when the image files are in .BMP format.

Are there advantages to working with the .PBM one (the one I made my mods with) and having your images in the original .PBM format over the .BMP one (which allows you to more easily edit the images in Paint.NET without having to constantly change your images back to .PBM after editing them?)

Can you edit your game with version 0.3a and then switch over to 0.3c midway without any damages or file corruption? (I know this can't be done in Cave Editor).

Is one version more stable or reliable than the other?

I know these questions might not be that important, but I'm thinking of making a modding tutorial, and am just also curious what the community here feels would be the best version for teaching others to mod. I want to state that, unfortunately, cave editor is not in the equation since I have never used it and thus can't teach others to use it.

Thanks for your input and help!

Do a backup to be safe, but it should be fine. 0.3a and 0.3c pretty much are the same thing except one works with bmps.

As for tutorials, there are plenty already, and while they are designed for cave editor, most of it will work in sue's too.

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
LunarSoul said:
EDIT: Wait, it's a life capsule, right? Can you actually see the capsule in game? Otherwise you might have picked a flag that's already set.

I can indeed see it. Oh well, it's not worth the time. I'll make my mod without a debug room. Thanks again.

Aug 27, 2011 at 8:44 PM
"Huzzah!"
How do I change the script for what kazuma says, because I want it to fit into my story, but it shows some numbers instead of text

Aug 27, 2011 at 8:50 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It's on a different map

I forget the exact name but it's that grasstown hut or whatever.

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:51 AM
"Huzzah!"
How do you change the name of the building and let it save? I changed Arthur's house (pens2) and changed the tileset to lab, but now it says pens2.tsc was not found

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:57 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
linkruler said:
How do you change the name of the building and let it save? I changed Arthur's house (pens2) and changed the tileset to lab, but now it says pens2.tsc was not found

Open the map itself, hit the map menu (on the top bar), and change the Map Caption. Map Caption is different from Map filename, and you shouldn't really need to change the map filename.

Map caption is displayed to the player, not map filename.

Changing the tileset should be okay. You haven't had any problems with that, right?

Aug 29, 2011 at 3:01 AM
"Huzzah!"
Carrotlord said:
Open the map itself, hit the map menu (on the top bar), and change the Map Caption. Map Caption is different from Map filename, and you shouldn't really need to change the map filename.

Map caption is displayed to the player, not map filename.

Changing the tileset should be okay. You haven't had any problems with that, right?

I've tried changing the map caption and it doesn't work, and now when I load the map it says error loading map and won't open it

Aug 29, 2011 at 3:14 AM
Professional Whatever
Go into data>stage and find the three/four files (.pxa, .pxm, .pxe, .tsc) with the name that the map was originally named. Change the names of those files to the new name of the map. Make sure you get ALL three or four files. It should work then.
Or change the name in cave editor/sue's back to what it was before. You don't need to change it as carrot said.

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:15 AM
"Huzzah!"
I have another problem (yes, I am a major failure at modding right now) I changed a door event to a talking sequence in arthur's house, then changed it to mimiga village, but it's still doing the talking sequence (well at least the noise in the first cave. When I investigate the door, it makes the noise, then stops, then I press z to continue the dialogue, after the second time it does it, I press z and it fades out to reveal that I'm in front of the door again.) I've checked the event and changed it countless times to the same disappointment.