Aug 30, 2011 at 1:19 AM
LSD
"..."
linkruler said:
I have another problem (yes, I am a major failure at modding right now) I changed a door event to a talking sequence in arthur's house, then changed it to mimiga village, but it's still doing the talking sequence (well at least the noise in the first cave. When I investigate the door, it makes the noise, then stops, then I press z to continue the dialogue, after the second time it does it, I press z and it fades out to reveal that I'm in front of the door again.) I've checked the event and changed it countless times to the same disappointment.

Oh, don't go beatin' yourself up.
What are you using (not that it matters...)?
Also, I don't really understand what ya' mean. Can you give us the script? In Spoiler... That may help...

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:28 AM
"Huzzah!"
Fixed it! I forgot to press enter after putting down the event number

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:40 AM
LSD
"..."
linkruler said:
Fixed it! I forgot to press enter after putting down the event number

Do you use Cave Editor or Sues Workshop? Most people use Cave Editor, and I suggest you do too if you don't already.

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:54 AM
"Huzzah!"
yeah, I use cave editor. I started out with sue's but now used cave editor for all modding of my upcoming mod

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:17 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Don't use both for one mod. Even if it seems like nothing's wrong, it could screw stuff up by doing that.

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:21 AM
LSD
"..."
LunarSoul said:
Don't use both for one mod. Even if it seems like nothing's wrong, it could screw stuff up by doing that.

Can't you go from SW to CE, but not CE to SW?

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:23 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Theoretically but it still screws some things up I believe

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:26 AM
Professional Whatever
Indeed. I believe there are some background things that CE handles correctly, but Sue's discards without a second thought. That's why a CE modded game crashes when used with Sue's, but a Sue's modded game (seemingly) works with CE. So CE won't find those background things in a Sue's modded game, and that could destroy your game, depending on your luck and on how important they really are.
Better not to take the risk.

Aug 30, 2011 at 7:57 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
LunarSoul said:
Indeed. I believe there are some background things that CE handles correctly, but Sue's discards without a second thought. That's why a CE modded game crashes when used with Sue's, but a Sue's modded game (seemingly) works with CE. So CE won't find those background things in a Sue's modded game, and that could destroy your game, depending on your luck and on how important they really are.
Better not to take the risk.

CE is essentially more intelligent. Sue's Workshop will move the mapdata to the end of the executable. This means that (if you do any resource hacking), the new resource will almost certainly move the offsets of the further resources, and therefore Sue's Workshop will get messed up when the offset for the mapdata isn't right.

CE will analyze the PE (portable executable) format to see where the sections are and stuff. I believe Celtic Minstrel explained this in an earlier post. Though CE was designed with SW's format in mind, a direct SW -> CE switch may not be perfect and subtle issues might crop up in your mod.

Either way, the safest way to change SW -> CE or vice versa is to try to 'import' all your maps and other files to a fresh mod and do some changes so that everything works out right. Copy & paste is your friend, but only to some extent.

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:58 PM
LSD
"..."
Framerects are the area of which a image resides in, correct? Are they measured in pixels, counted in Hexdecimal, or something else?

Aug 30, 2011 at 7:01 PM
Professional Whatever
Correct. They are measured in pixels. You can change them in x86 and (with limited freedom) in NPC editor in CE.

Aug 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM
LSD
"..."
LunarSoul said:
Correct. They are measured in pixels. You can change them in x86 and (with limited freedom) in NPC editor in CE.

Okay. Thanks.

Aug 30, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Professional Whatever
No problem. If you want some info on hacking framerects, there's some posts a few pages back by Carrotlord.

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:53 PM
"Huzzah!"
How do you get the events to work in the intro? I set animations, but everything stands still.

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:19 PM
Professional Whatever
It has to be the same event that's specified in the Game Settings. You also should look for unneeded <WAI commands. And you might have the wrong <ANP numbers, try using an ANP reference if you don't have one.

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:27 PM
"Huzzah!"
LunarSoul said:
It has to be the same event that's specified in the Game Settings. You also should look for unneeded <WAI commands. And you might have the wrong <ANP numbers, try using an ANP reference if you don't have one.

I used an anp reference and also have the correct event set and set it to all characters

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:39 PM
LSD
"..."
Is there a <PRI in the script before the animations? I think that freezes everything.

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:44 PM
"Huzzah!"
no

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:46 PM
Professional Whatever
Aug 30, 2011 at 11:51 PM
"Huzzah!"
I think the problem might be that I set the same event to three different entities