Aug 23, 2017 at 11:45 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
would it not have taken you just as long to try it than to make this post and wait for a response
i was going to put it somewhere but now that i think about it you're right
do you know the answer though?

Aug 24, 2017 at 3:38 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I just tried it myself, and it didn't seem to work. I told the script to fade out, wait, then flash, and then fade back in. For some reason, though, it flashed only after I faded back in. Not sure what exactly what was going on.

Aug 24, 2017 at 3:41 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
You probably should have tried flashing THEN waiting because fades have a built-in WAI of sorts that blocks a lot of other actions

Aug 24, 2017 at 6:13 PM
Based Member
I've tried all kinds of different combinations now. I've tried having a wait before and after, only a wait before, and only a wait after, and tweaked the times waiting, and no matter what I try, the flash doesn't happen until after it fades in. See this script:
Code:
<FAO0001
<FLA<WAI0350
<FAI0000<END

So, Walrus_Guy, it looks like you'll need to pursue an alternate strategy for making a flash in the dark. I would suggest making it fade out, then <CMPing all the the visible tiles to the same color that it fades out to, then fade it back in, and then do the flash. That might get you the same visual effect that you want.

Aug 24, 2017 at 6:28 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It seems the flash gets drawn "underneath" the fade effect, actually, so yeah you can't use both without ASM or some other trickery

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:00 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
I have a question concerning entities, so when I do something like <DNPXXXX, I assume XXXX is the entity number so for instance <DNP0038 would be deleting the fireplace entity, but when I run it it doesn't get rid of entity 38, the fireplace entity, am I doing something wrong? When I try <CNP0000 it doesn't work.....

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:20 PM
"Huzzah!"
I have a question concerning entities, so when I do something like <DNPXXXX, I assume XXXX is the entity number so for instance <DNP0038 would be deleting the fireplace entity, but when I run it it doesn't get rid of entity 38, the fireplace entity, am I doing something wrong? When I try <CNP0000 it doesn't work.....
If you are talking about a entity, give the entity an event number. Keep the event in the TSC blank, that event is the XXXX number.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 10:33 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
About the problems concerning <FLA and <FAO, you could probably <TRA to a map that's nothing but black, solid tiles, flash with <FLA, and then <TRA back to the map you were originally using. Of course, there's more to it than that; you might want to <WAI a little bit after the flash so the <FAO doesn't show up in the middle of the <FLA. It all depends on how you want it to look, though.

An example where Map 0004 is the map you started on and Map 0005 is the all-black map:
Code:
Map 0004
<TRA0005:0200:XXXX:YYYY

Map 0005
<KEY<FLA<WAI0050<FAO0000<TRA0004:0150:XXXX:YYYY

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:54 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
If you are talking about a entity, give the entity an event number. Keep the event in the TSC blank, that event is the XXXX number.
Yep it's working, thanks so much!

Aug 25, 2017 at 12:38 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Yep it's working, thanks so much!
You might have been confused with <DNA where it deletes all of a group entities on a map (using their entity type number), regardless of what event they run.

Aug 25, 2017 at 12:39 AM
Based Member
If you want to get rid of a specific fireplace entity via <DNP, then you don't want to enter the number of the entity on the entity list, but rather you want to enter the event number of the specific entity you're modifying. For TCS commands that address a specific entity in the room such as <DNP, <CNP, and <ANP, you always want to have the first parameter be the command be the event number of the entity.

If you want to delete all instances of a fireplace, then you'd do what you were doing, except use <DNA instead of <DNP. <DNA0038 will delete all instances of the fireplace entity that are in the room. If there's only one fireplace entity in the place where you're using this, then <DNA0038 will work just as fine, although I wouldn't recommend getting into the habit of this, because it's just better to have the script only address a specific entity if that's all you're dealing with.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand I got ninja'd by four posts.

Aug 25, 2017 at 2:27 PM
My game broke randomly
Now whenever I start it it just gives me the not responding error
yesterday it worked...
now it doesn't
and for some reason this happens even with my backups
what do you think went wrong?
I'm NOT getting the f%f9012udas error, but it's just not responding when I start it

nevermind i fixed it!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2017 at 9:42 PM
in one of the jenka nightmares mods they had the night ghost things (the one that sneeze yarn snowball things on the outerwall) and they drew it to look more like a machine
at one point they made it as a boss with a ton of health (like 400) but later they made it with the normal amount of health (i think 64) in another outerwall area, although it looked the same
do you guys know how they did this? I know how to give it more or less health but I don't know how to get it to vary throughout the mod..

Please help!

Also guys i'm thinking about putting a secret ending in my game, but I'm not sure how hard I want it to be to get it. I'm going to make a guide but besides that it may be a little hard to get it.
There's nothing too crazy, but at some points you have to trade weapons and many people might not do that and think it's fine

Do you think it's ok if there's a guide?

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017 at 5:30 PM
I have a question and I don't know where i would find the answer
So i made one of the gaudis with the armor that shoot the blades, but i made it so you could talk to it and the first time i did it it didn't shoot the projectiles
however later i made another one of these gaudis with armor, and this time it is still invincible but now it shoots projectiles?
Why is this?
I don't really think I did anything different.

Sep 2, 2017 at 2:03 PM
If you make certain enemies interactable they no longer target the player, and can not be attacked.
i did but it still throws the damaging blades

Sep 2, 2017 at 2:29 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
it typically doesn't disable anything, actually

Sep 2, 2017 at 6:09 PM
Haven't tried with that kind, but I suppose it does' disable that part of the AI.
yeah i won't take damage touching the actual armor gaudi thing but the blades are like normal