Dec 22, 2014 at 5:03 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So I'm having a problem with the projectiles the Drolls shoot as their sound keeps looping when they go off-screen. Is there any way to fix that?

Dec 22, 2014 at 5:33 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
TLincoln said:
So I'm having a problem with the projectiles the Drolls shoot as their sound keeps looping when they go off-screen. Is there any way to fix that?
you would have to make the map have a solid border all around so they eventually stop.

Dec 24, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Its dark in here
have an npc in the way of the exit, and shoot it to get rid of it
Goerge Bobicles said:
have an npc in the way of the exit, and shoot it to get rid of it.

edit: actually, you can use the shutter npc, just have it do it's opening animation when it dies

Dec 24, 2014 at 2:02 AM
"Huzzah!"
Goerge Bobicles said:
have an npc in the way of the exit, and shoot it to get rid of it
What if I have tiles set up for it already?... is there any npcs that don't move, can float, and have health? or I could just change the shutter's graphics... where are they at?

Dec 24, 2014 at 2:59 AM
Its dark in here
knuckles5577 said:
What if I have tiles set up for it already?... is there any npcs that don't move, can float, and have health? or I could just change the shutter's graphics... where are they at?
they are in the map tile set, you should be able to make them shootable via NPC tbl. the debug cat floats, doesn't move, and you should be able to give it a health value and make it shootable via NPC tbl if you want another option.

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:45 AM
"Huzzah!"
Goerge Bobicles said:
they are in the map tile set, you should be able to make them shootable via NPC tbl. the debug cat floats, doesn't move, and you should be able to give it a health value and make it shootable via NPC tbl if you want another option.
The debug cat one works best for me. Thanks.

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:04 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Quick question:

How can I convert MP3 files to ORG files? I want to make an orchestral music mod and the files are in MP3... I tried converting to MIDI and then converting to ORG, but it turned out all garbled.

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
SuperJaws100 said:
Quick question:

How can I convert MP3 files to ORG files? I want to make an orchestral music mod and the files are in MP3... I tried converting to MIDI and then converting to ORG, but it turned out all garbled.
You can't do that.

ORG files are a custom midi-like format, it doesn't allow for the full-range of recorded audio.

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Short answer: You can't.
Longer answer: You will never achieve a true orchestral sound in Cave Story.
Longest answer: There is no tool that can effectively convert MP3 to ORG. MP3 to MIDI converters are half decent at best, and the only MIDI to ORG converter we have is utter shit. To put a song into Cave Story, you're gonna need to go through the daunting process of transcribing the original to ORG. With something orchestral, this is nearly impossible; ORGs can only have 8 melody tracks total, and orchestras are far more complex than a mere 8 parts. Even a perfectly transcribed orchestra wouldn't be even close to the original sound in ORG format. It's simply impossible. I'd suggest, if you want to use custom music in your mod, that you pick simpler music that can be put into the constraints of the ORG format.

Dec 27, 2014 at 6:35 PM
beep boop
Or make a hack command that will use mp3 files, and loop it? Might take a while, but it's possible. Prepare your social life if you do this asm hack, though. It'll probably be horrific, but if you do it, good job.

Dec 27, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Its dark in here
Bionicobot said:
Or make a hack command that will use mp3 files, and loop it? Might take a while, but it's possible. Prepare your social life if you do this asm hack, though. It'll probably be horrific, but if you do it, good job.
or he could just convert the .mp3 to a .wav and use the .wav hack that already exists.

Dec 27, 2014 at 6:47 PM
beep boop
Oh, forgot about that... Man, I could use that in Dust. I need to wait and see if Randolf can figure out the ammo thing, along with removing expirience...

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:38 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Randolf said:
IIRC that doesn't work
It doesn't

or else Sonic would have been laughing at you in DoR2.

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:49 PM
"Huzzah!"
How do I make an event happen when the player touches an npc? I tried setting "option 1" but it kind of messes up. Horizontal/vertical triggers don't really work like I want them to...

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:55 PM
"Huzzah!"
What's wrong with Option 1?
What's wrong with Option 1?
When I use <TRA command with it, the player gets to the next map but can't scroll to the left side of the screen.