Dec 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well...first of all saying no to that will bring you to event 0301 which doesn't exist but I'm going to assume that #0301 is for the second weapon. You need an <END at the end of #0300 as well.

Since flag 1640 is set right after the flag jump, no matter what you choose, whenever you talk to the entity again it will jump to 0301. You'll want to remove the <FL+ until after you've received a weapon. This is assuming I understand what you're trying to do, of course.

You said you wanted it to repeat, right? You'll want a <YNJ0300 for the last weapon in the set. That brings it back to the first choice and runs through the choices again.

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Well actually, as I probably should had said to begin with, there is actually really three chests, one with each of the three weapons. So if you decide not on one then go to the second, but come back to the first you can still select it.

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Professional Whatever
Oh, in that case do the same thing but set the flag only when the player chooses a weapon. Then you can have three different events for the different chests.

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Thanks Doors! A few tweaks here and there and it worked! I felt like I had another question, but apparently not, sorry thanks! But can you clarify what Dunc said before is right?

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Professional Whatever
Dunc was saying that you can manually increase the bit depth of an image by changing the file type (a 24-bit bmp gives you loads of colours to work with). I'm not exactly sure how to change the palette to exactly 32 colours though.

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Okay, thanks anyway, also, so after the player picks one of the three weapons, how can I make its so that they can pick another after a line of text upon selection of yes for a weapon, then lose the second weapon right after. It seems like a lot but I'm practically doing a directly from real game mod sort of.

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
It's possible to do it with a hex editor, but it's a bit tricky...

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:17 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
How Might one go about using keys to unlock doors? i tried using item jump, but the event i need to skip to is the door opening. and i cant put both events on the door, i'm pretty sure it would try and run both scripts.
here's the event:
<KEY<ITJ0003(key):0612(door)<IT-0003<MSGUsed The Small Key<NOD<CLO
<CMP0027:0006:0014(taking away the locked door tiles)
<CMP0027:0007:0014
<FAO0000<TRA0018:0065:0003:0010(moving player)

i tried looking at how the original maps did it but it didn't really help.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Professional Whatever
You, erm...first of all, that doesn't work. if you have the item then it jumps to some event #0612, but if you don't have the item then the game removes the item and unlocks the door?
Plus removing the "locked door tiles" doesn't really work and also doesn't persist across maps. You want to set a flag at some point, and make the door's flag number the same. Make a second blank entity on the door's location with exactly the same details, except make it blank. Set the actual door's special flags to "disappear when flag is set" and the blank to "appear when flag is set". Make the door event check for the flag you set when you unlocked the door.
-If you haven't unlocked it and don't have a key, it should say "it's locked".
-If it's not unlocked and you have a key, it should ITJ to a different event and run the code you've posted above, as well as set the "unlock flag."
-If it's unlocked, the door is absent and you can simply walk through the doorway.

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
mastersword321 said:
I'm pretty sure it would try and run both scripts.
Along with what Door's said, it's impossible for two scripts to be simultaneously running (except for the credits script, which is separate from the normal TSC). When an event is jumped, it cancels the current event to start the new one.

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Sorry if the last question wasn't completed but I'd like to know this, the shoot able and destroyable blocks in places such as the sand zone, can I take be done so that upon being destroyed, a event occurs? I know that it's a tile, but is its possible to link a event to its upon destroying it? Or is there a way to make a entity like that tile?

P. S. I haven't even tried making a line of tsc for its due to not having a clue.

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
thomasco2013 said:
Sorry if the last question wasn't completed but I'd like to know this, the shoot able and destroyable blocks in places such as the sand zone, can I take be done so that upon being destroyed, a event occurs? I know that it's a tile, but is its possible to link a event to its upon destroying it? Or is there a way to make a entity like that tile?

P. S. I haven't even tried making a line of tsc for its due to not having a clue.
Though I don't know if this'll exactly work the way you want it to, here's a way:

Put a <nothing> entity over the shootable blocks, then set flags 0x0020 and 0x0200 (shootable and run script on death)

In the event #, put the number of the script that you want it to run afterwords (for example, setting it to 100 will have it run script #0100)

In said event number, though it doesnt have to be 100, type the script you want to execute.

However, you will need to change the <nothing>'s health to 1 in the NPC editor (IF youre using cave editor) because it has 1000 health default.

Now the thing is, they'll have to shoot twice to have the entity destroyed, so I don't know how one could solve that, but atleast theres this method.

Dec 9, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Thanks! It sorta worked, I made slight changes to it and it worked.

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
EnlightenedOne said:
Along with what Door's said, it's impossible for two scripts to be simultaneously running (except for the credits script, which is separate from the normal TSC). When an event is jumped, it cancels the current event to start the new one.
yes I know, I don't know how my quote came off, but I knew two scripts couldn't be loaded at once, hence why I asked for help. If they could both run I could have done it no problem.

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Working on ASM again.

What is the different between the script timer and frame timer?

And also does the script timer/frame timer decrease by one every frame?

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Bombchu Link said:
Working on ASM again.

What is the different between the script timer and frame timer?

And also does the script timer/frame timer decrease by one every frame?
One is called the script timer, the other is called the frame timer.

No. Really. That's the only difference.

The frame timer is GENERALLY used for timing frame animations, but it does not have to be.

And neither of these timers (which are just numbers) will decrement every frame unless you make it do so/unless it happens somewhere in the entity's AI code. Infact normally they increment iirc.

Dec 10, 2013 at 2:12 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
ahh, I can see why you might want two of them.

I'm not gonna quote because you will see this anyway, but...

bullet.inuse=[ecx+C]

bullet.wassetup=[ecx+28]

What do these mean/do?