Mar 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
NPC's all spawn facing left by default, option 2 (flag x1000) makes them spawn facing right. Enemies that are vertical use this by changing 0 to 1 (left to up), and 2 to 3 (right to down).

Option 1 (flag x100) makes an NPC's Event # (TSC script) run whenever the player touches that npc. The horiz/vert trigger has x100 on by default, for instance.

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:23 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
That clarifies things, although Option 2 still changes how some NPCs behave. The First Cave bats change their flying distance upwards or downwards.

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:00 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Mixer8421 said:
How to edit sounds in CS, like <Thud!> or <Squeek!> ?
impossible. Definitely not the one that says 'Comes with a program that imports and extracts .pxt files to and from Cave Story.'

but there are no wavs in CS that are worth your time to edit.

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
256. And no, max HP only goes up to about 240. You can raise it higher, but it will reset back to a certain value which I can't remember every time you restore your health (heart or refill station).
I don't know where you got that number from, but it's wrong. The max number that can be in a map is 512 (the length of the array of entities). You wouldn't ever want that many on a map though, since things like smoke and exp would stop spawning if you reach the cap.

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:15 PM
The Eternal Darkness
So the maximum amount of entities is 512?

I also have a boss with 9600 HP. Is it possible to have one with more than that?

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:20 PM
LSD
"..."
Is there any way to change the music in the menu?
How do you change the music in the menu? I understand the ammount of hacking that may be needed to do this.

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Based Member
The simplest way would be to replace the Plantation music with your desired track. And if your mod needs that music elsewhere, then replace some other not needed track with the Plantation music. As for changing the music without replacing any tracks, there is no way of doing it without assembly that I know of.

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM
LSD
"..."
The simplest way would be to replace the Plantation music with your desired track. And if your mod needs that music elsewhere, then replace some other not needed track with the Plantation music. As for changing the music without replacing any tracks, there is no way of doing it without assembly that I know of.

Really? It's that simple? Huh. So, go to the Plantation map and change what music?

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Based Member
Not exactly. I didn't mean edit a map, I meant replace the Plantation's source org file. To do this, download and get into Resource hacker, and open the doukutsu.exe. Expand the "ORG" folder, then expand the "CURLY" folder. Now click on the icon of the green gear next to the "1041" text. Then right-click it, and select "Replace Resource..." from the drop-down menu. Browse to your org file you wish to have as the main menu music, and click open. Then a window will pop up with three fields. For the first one, type "ORG", for the second one, type "CURLY", and either leave the third blank, or fill it with "1041". Click replace, close the folders, save the .exe, and you're done. Your own main menu music should now be playing. Note, however, that if you're using Sue's Workshop, wait to replace the org until right before you're ready to release a demo, as something wierd will happen if you try to edit an exe with Sue's that has been edited by resource hacker.

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:47 PM
LSD
"..."
Not exactly. I didn't mean edit a map, I meant replace the Plantation's source org file. To do this, download and get into Resource hacker, and open the doukutsu.exe. Expand the "ORG" folder, then expand the "CURLY" folder. Now click on the icon of the green gear next to the "1041" text. Then right-click it, and select "Replace Resource..." from the drop-down menu. Browse to your org file you wish to have as the main menu music, and click open. Then a window will pop up with three fields. For the first one, type "ORG", for the second one, type "CURLY", and either leave the third blank, or fill it with "1041". Click replace, close the folders, save the .exe, and you're done. Your own main menu music should now be playing. Note, however, that if you're using Sue's Workshop, wait to replace the org until right before you're ready to release a demo, as something wierd will happen if you try to edit an exe with Sue's that has been edited by resource hacker.

Wow, thank you. I hear so much about Resourse Hacker, but never bothered to download it! Thank you.

__

Another question-
In my intro, I have 'Break Down' playing, and I'd like that to transfer over to the menu. I did this, but now when the intro script ends, the music restarts in the menu. Is there any way around this? Or should I just skip the intro music in general?

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM
The Eternal Darkness
How about switching 'Break Down' with whatever is playing in the menu and update the scripts? That could work...

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:02 PM
LSD
"..."
I switched the menu music, it just restarts the music in general.

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Based Member
I'm afraid there is no perfect solution to this without assembly. The best you could probably do is edit the song in orgmaker, and make the song in the main menu start where the part of the song you're on is at the end of the intro. But that wouldn't entirely work, as you frequently want to skip the intro, and in that case there would be a jump.

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:04 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Okay. I'd change my mod's Plantation music, but I'm using it for Mimiga Village, so I won't know about that.

As for my previous previous question, is it possible for a boss to have more than 9600 HP?

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Been here way too long...
Yes. You might have to x86 it in, but yes.

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:54 PM
The Eternal Darkness
x86? Is that assembly?

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM
The Eternal Darkness
Yes. You might have to x86 it in, but yes.
Don't worry about it, I've managed to get the boss up to 19200 HP using Cave Editor's NPC Table Editor, and it didn't cause any problems.

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Been here way too long...
I wasn't worrying. :/