Jun 9, 2016 at 2:43 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Jun 9, 2016 at 3:22 PM
Soup Man
I asked 2 questions and ... err.... your response baffles me. It's not an answer to either question, nor did I make a statement that you could be accepting. What does this mean, exactly?
I meant it's fine that I can't use the <FLA command on u (Kings) and will find an alternative.

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:13 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
He was asking if you can't, he didn't actually know. Since you haven't loaded a save file yet, I can't imagine it would work. Skip flags work though.

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:21 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
What's the known limit for the size of a map?

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:41 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Well, it's over 128x100, so you shouldn't worry too much about it.
Actually, I plan on using maps of large size, and it's probably gonna have to be larger than that.
(Also, pretty sure that 128x100 isn't even close to the limit considering Sand Zone has a width of 200 iirc)

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:26 PM
Soup Man
How do you make computer's screens turn on?

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:08 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
How do you make computer's screens turn on?
If you mean via TSC, then either <ANPxxxx:0000:0000 or <ANPxxxx:0000:0002 works.
xxxx is the event ID of the computer; 0000 switches it off while 0002 switches it on.

Actually, I plan on using maps of large size, and it's probably gonna have to be larger than that.
(Also, pretty sure that 128x100 isn't even close to the limit considering Sand Zone has a width of 200 iirc)
I think it can be larger than 200×200, but I'm not sure if there's a size limit.
However, at a certain height, tiles are also treated as water (regardless of tile type). What that height is, however, I don't know. (I only know about it since I was bored enough to jump off an unfinished map in Lunar Shadow and ended up drowning off-screen.)

In addition, maps that are too large will end up breaking the Map System. (Not sure what the width or height would have to be in order to break it; but if I remember correctly there's one map in Jenka's Nightmare where the Map System doesn't display a map?)

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:20 PM
クレー
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Given the size of the game window, the largest a map can be before crashing the Map System may as well be 320x240. But even then the Map System starts off like it won't work, and then it loads the map for you.

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:40 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
In addition, maps that are too large will end up breaking the Map System. (Not sure what the width or height would have to be in order to break it; but if I remember correctly there's one map in Jenka's Nightmare where the Map System doesn't display a map?)
the largest a map can be before crashing the Map System may as well be 320x240. But even then the Map System starts off like it won't work, and then it loads the map for you.
The map system won't be a problem (considering I'm not planning to use it anyway), but it looks like i'll be able to make large enough maps, thanks.

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:26 PM
Soup Man
If you mean via TSC, then either <ANPxxxx:0000:0000 or <ANPxxxx:0000:0002 works.
xxxx is the event ID of the computer; 0000 switches it off while 0002 switches it on.

I think it can be larger than 200×200, but I'm not sure if there's a size limit.
However, at a certain height, tiles are also treated as water (regardless of tile type). What that height is, however, I don't know. (I only know about it since I was bored enough to jump off an unfinished map in Lunar Shadow and ended up drowning off-screen.)

Thank you for that. I need to turn on a PC in my mod to reference the CSTSF.
EDIT: How do you use the player character's ANP?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2016 at 8:58 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
How do you use the player character's ANP?
Iirc a simple way to apply anp to the player is to put a NPC 0 at the player's location, <CNP it to NPC 0150(Quote) and use <HMC so that you won't have two versions of the player on the screen, don't forget to make sure the player is in the right position when using <SMC to bring back the player, and then remove/change the npc to npc 0.

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:11 PM
Soup Man
Iirc a simple way to apply anp to the player is to put a NPC 0 at the player's location, <CNP it to NPC 0150(Quote) and use <HMC so that you won't have two versions of the player on the screen, don't forget to make sure the player is in the right position when using <SMC to bring back the player, and then remove/change the npc to npc 0.
Thanks.

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:38 PM
beep boop
Hey can I add more items than are present in the game? It looks like there's space for more tiles, so I figured there would be the ability to add more.

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:49 PM
Soup Man
Hey can I add more items than are present in the game? It looks like there's space for more tiles, so I figured there would be the ability to add more.
I think so. I think it's like the facepics, you can add more by expanding the canvas. I've never tried it though.
Dunno' why you'd do it though.
You'd also have to edit Head.TSC.

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:39 AM
beep boop
Yeah I know, but I want to be sure that I can, just in case.

Jun 10, 2016 at 3:18 AM
Soup Man
Why doesn't this script work? Instead of asking whether to use the bomb or not it just transports me anyway.
meowe.PNGgrrgsrdf.PNG

It starts at 600 then you walk to door and it goes to 100. Why doesn't it work? Also, <TUR text stop after <CLR.

Last edited: