The first time you played Cave Story...

Aug 1, 2008 at 9:45 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
Then IGNORE him!!!

And give him a break? It's like letting a housewife take a day off from making you dinner: they'll get rusty, so if you're going out or something, you get them to cook anyway and then have them throw it out.

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:19 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
In the red corner is JacobX891, a furfag with Chaco obsession and generally no life. In the blue corner is Kageryushin, who... who is he? Heck, I've heard quite a few things (bad things) about you two lately, but now you don't seem to be a nuisance, you're just silly. Now please, get back on topic, or I'll be forced to get more popcorn!

Aug 2, 2008 at 12:58 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Chaddykins said:
Get original jokes you hack.

Oh, that was no joke, that was personal philosophy. No, seriously, it's the one thing Peter got right.

Aug 21, 2008 at 4:16 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'll attempt to go back on topic.
Learned about CS from uhh.... Some site listing "Hard" games.
I played it, Was like "dood this is awesome, not hard."
I loved how I could kill the dragon zombie with the spike.
I was like "HAH! WHAT NOW? YOU GOT SPIKED!"
Got angry when Curly died, Tryed to find a solution.
Got the booster 2.0 instead of 0.8.
Booster 2.0 IS CIVILIZATION!
I jumped into the deathtrap in santa's house around 5 times.
It was like "Instant death? I don't believe you! *jumps in, Dies* ... Ok... Now i believe you."
I had.... 1 playthrough to Kazuma, Left the island.
2nd play- Was like Now.... How to save curly? Got the machine gun. Realized its terrible. Quit at the core.
3rd play- Got the tow rope, Saw the words "Curlys life seems to fade" or whatever. Thought she it was still possible to save her. Watched her float away and was like "DOOD COME ON!"
Released my anger on the goldfish where you start out.
Laughed at sue's demise to igor. "EVEN MY BROTHERS NEVER BEAT ME!" *punch* "OK OK I GIVE!"
Slept with chaco ACCIDENTALLY.
Got teh bubbler.
Died to Monster X around 20 times.
Died to Core around 0 times.

Aug 21, 2008 at 5:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Tofu said:
I'll attempt to go back on topic.
Learned about CS from uhh.... Some site listing "Hard" games.
I played it, Was like "dood this is awesome, not hard."
I loved how I could kill the dragon zombie with the spike.
I was like "HAH! WHAT NOW? YOU GOT SPIKED!"
Got angry when Curly died, Tryed to find a solution.
Got the booster 2.0 instead of 0.8.
Booster 2.0 IS CIVILIZATION!
I jumped into the deathtrap in santa's house around 5 times.
It was like "Instant death? I don't believe you! *jumps in, Dies* ... Ok... Now i believe you."
I had.... 1 playthrough to Kazuma, Left the island.
2nd play- Was like Now.... How to save curly? Got the machine gun. Realized its terrible. Quit at the core.
3rd play- Got the tow rope, Saw the words "Curlys life seems to fade" or whatever. Thought she it was still possible to save her. Watched her float away and was like "DOOD COME ON!"
Released my anger on the goldfish where you start out.
Laughed at sue's demise to igor. "EVEN MY BROTHERS NEVER BEAT ME!" *punch* "OK OK I GIVE!"
Slept with chaco ACCIDENTALLY.
Got teh bubbler.
Died to Monster X around 20 times.
Died to Core around 0 times.
Then hit sacred grounds and understand why it was listed amongst hard games. :mad:

Aug 21, 2008 at 4:39 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
andwhyisit said:
Then hit sacred grounds and understand why it was listed amongst hard games. :o
*points the the puddle of blood on the floor, and missing eyeball*
D:

Oh yeh, I got hit by the rocket, and couldn't get back up (Had no idea how, Rofl).
D:

Aug 21, 2008 at 5:17 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I don't think Quote has any eyeballs. Processor chips maybe.
Blood is probably lubrication liquid. Think positive, man- eh wait.
I'm no optimist.
YES IT'S BLOOD. NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.
ALL YOU CAN DO NOW IS
CRY!!!!
YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRY ANYMORE!
GAME OVER FOR YOU!! EVEN I CAN'T DO IT. IN 1000k+ times. SO, HOW DO YOU THINK
YOU, THE PATHETIC BEGINNER(at least at this forum)
COULD????
(or have you actually done it?

side note: I doesn't refer to myself. Eventually you will know who I is.(or maybe if you have time to glance through some of the previous threads in this board)

Another note: Just once in a while :o

Edit: Oh one more. About the rocket, you may get out if you search some guides(or if I just tell you) or maybe if you have already know how to.

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:12 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
If I was King, when the bastards fed Toroko a red flower, I would have throw my sword at Misery, attempting to cut her in half instead of running up to her like a dumb@$$. :D

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:25 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Squished by the Plantation rocket you mean?

Press down. Simple as that.

Oct 10, 2008 at 12:51 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Tofu said:
So was DC.

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:03 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
The first time I played Cave Story, I was over at a friend's house, and he told me to play it. Sounded lame, I figured it was a spelunking game or something. So I played it, and it was fun. I didn't like being left in the dark at first, but grew to ingore that. I kept playing, and grabbed the Machine Gun, caused it looked awesome. Kept going, got to the Labyrinth, and Oh My God. Possibly the toughest level in the game, save Hell. I got to Pooh Black, and kept loosing. My friend said 'use the blade' which I had, I swear, never even swithced to previous to the Pooh Black fight. I beat him, nice weapon, the blade. Monster X was troubling, but the blade proved godly, once again. The Core was a pushover, and then Curly died. The saddest part in the game. I was traumatized, considering at the time I was a Curly fanboy. I was almost brought to tears, I felt really guilty. So much so, that I restarted my game and tried to escape without Curly having to save me, I failed. I made it to the bad ending, although at the time I thought it was part of the game. I said yes, and ran away. Guilt trip--the end. I laughed so hard, and I couldn't help thinking of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Kept going, made it to my favorite level, the Plantation. At this time, I grabbed the Bubbler, because mt friend told me to, I had no idea the thing existed until he told me. Got the Nemesis too, but didn't use it much. Skip a little bit, I got to the final boss(s). Incredibly hard, the first few times. I couldn't beat the Demon Doctor, when I realized a neat trick. Hover in the air with the Machine Gun, and shoot at him, he can't hit you = D. Well, until I ran out of ammo, bu it recharges quickly. I finally beat them, and no I didn't unlock Hell, as if you didn't already know that (refers to Curly's death soapbox). I beat the game, and was amazed at how good it was. It's still my favorite Free Ware game, and now I hate all others because my standards are too high. My friend told me about the secret ending, and so I attempted that. Of course, that's another story.

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:31 AM
In front of a computer
Lvl. 3 Blade said:
Well, until I ran out of ammo, bu it recharges quickly.
If you have the Turbocharger, you can hover almost indefinitely. Just don't hold down the z key permanentl – press it repeatedly to give the ammo time to recharge.

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:38 AM
Celtic Minstrel said:
If you have the Turbocharger, you can hover almost indefinitely. Just don't hold down the z key permanently*– press it repeatedly to give the ammo time to recharge.
Oh, didn't know that. Amzing how I never learn these things until after I beat the game.

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:50 AM
In front of a computer
Gah, why do I always notice my stupid typos after someone has quoted my post? :p

Oct 12, 2008 at 4:03 AM
I don't get what your saying, I don't see any typos. Unless your refering to mine, in which case I won't edit becaus then your point would be null and void.

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:32 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
First time I played I got perfect ending because I watched DC's videos. However, I tried to beat MX without blade.

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:51 PM
DimJim said:
First time I played I got perfect ending because I watched DC's videos. However, I tried to beat MX without blade.
And how did that work out for you? Not very well, I imagine. The Blade is the only thing I could beat it with.

Oct 12, 2008 at 7:08 PM
In front of a computer
I beat him with the Bubbler.

I probably used other weapons as well though if/when the Bubbler levelled down.