The first time you played Cave Story...

Feb 5, 2008 at 12:05 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
X-Calibar said:
This is what I speculated... How did you confirm it?

It was openly stated by Pixel at one point. I'd get you the link if I could, but I'm afraid I've misplaced it. I didn't think it very important, you know?

Feb 23, 2008 at 3:59 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I loved Cave Story the first time I played it, I got all the endings within a month and then I found Sue's Workshop...Now I mod Cave Story and it's fun XD

Feb 24, 2008 at 8:47 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Pedobears. Arise.

Feb 25, 2008 at 12:29 AM
Feb 25, 2008 at 6:47 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
/. /.
_
Wtf?

Feb 25, 2008 at 10:00 AM
Justin-chan
Pedobear is a 4Chan legend, seriously, its like, fucking famous.

RAEP.

Feb 25, 2008 at 10:27 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
yeah i know its a 4chan meme thing. what i mean is wtf were they smoking when the created him. oh and i love the shoop da whoop meme :p

Feb 25, 2008 at 10:31 AM
Justin-chan
Shoop Da Woop isn't that great. Its like some dumb Jinx face mutating out of a human face while shooting green or blue lazers.

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:50 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
...Reaching Chaco's house and having "sex" with her...

Huh? What is this all about?

Jul 30, 2008 at 11:23 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
JacobX891 said:
What? You didn't know you could fuck Chaco? Well........... yeah. Quote has a metal shaft :D
What he's trying to say (albeit in a less eloquent way) is that when you first enter Chaco's house, if you sleep in her bed, you will wake up with her in it (along with some of her lipstick in your inventory). Some people speculate that Chaco actually had sex with Quote (JacobX891 in particular :( ) but whether you agree with him is entirely up to you.

As long as I'm here, I may as well share my first experience of Cave Story with you...

I actually discovered this game by accident. You see, during my summer holidays, in the year of our lord, 2006, my mum was going out to the shops to buy goodness knows what (I forget) and I ask her to buy my gaming magazine (PC Gamer) while she was there. Lo and behold, when she returned, I discovered that she'd bought the wrong sodding mag! (Typical. If it ain't anything, its your mother.) Anyways, I decided to flip through the mag and check out its cover discs, and one of the games that caught my eye was a game called "Cave Story". So I loaded it onto my computer (along with some other crappy freeware titles) and started playing it.

My first impressions were along the lines of "Hmm...a retro platformer. Should be interesting." I continued playing getting more immersed in this strange setting until I came across Kanpachi (the fishing mimiga) who said "Sue? Yeah, I know her. That's the cute girl who stays cooped up in Arthur's house all the time, right?" Cute eh? I'll be the judge of that! So I continued playing, witnessing Toroko's kidnapping, visiting Arthur's grave, reaching the Egg Corridor, then I saw her. The first thing that entered my mind was "Bugger me, she IS cute!"

I won't bore you with the rest of my first play through, but I liked this game so much I didn't stop playing it until tomorrow afternoon! (OK, so I ate and slept between that period.) Needless to say I enjoyed every bit of it. And as my love for this game grew so did my infatuation for the character Sue. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I'm her biggest fan (even more so than S.P. :o )!

Looking back at these past years, visiting the forum, playing the mods, and of course playing the game itself, I can safely say I do not regret it. Not one bit. (Except for all that time before I discovered Cave Story...all those wasted years :( .)

Jul 31, 2008 at 2:11 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Here's Sue!
p13623-2-suepor2.gif
p13623-3-suenorm.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 1:43 AM
This Troper
JacobX891 said:
AAAAAAND then, as a follow-up, some catgirls are raped by Roonil, who then kills them and gives them to Kage.

GOD I love these forums.
You're about to start hating them soon... *shoots Chaco in the face*

For everybody else, here's my first experience with CS:
I first came across Cave Story when I was searching the Net for some freeware games that this PIECE OF CRAP that doubles as my computer would run without problems. After dismissing La Mulana (problem with controls, long story) I downloaded CS and was surprised that it would run (almost) perfectly. The beginning was nice and easy and the story sounded promising.
After Toroko's kidnapping I thought "In medias res... Good, the action will come sooner." No kidding. Then, when Cthulhu (or how's it spelled) gave out those interesting bits of backstory, I knew this is gonna be better than 95% freeware games. In short, it was the story that kept me playing.
I took MG. Why not. I even figured out myself that I could fly with that. That really helped me collecting the dogs. That was really pain in the ass. You see, this SHITCOMP THAT COULD BE UPGRADED USING A HAMMER REPEATEDLY is so bad that my Cave Story slows down whenever I am in a room bigger than Egg No.6. The bigger the room is, the slower Quote walks. While this is a massive advantage when facing a boss (never had to repeat a bossfight more than once), it sucks ass when doing all those Fetch Quests.
Anyway... Toroko and King died, Booster died, Curly died (that one saddened me most) and I knew this was no Sunday cartoon for children. Decided not to fly off the Island with Kazuma, missed the Littles and did the Good Ending. You all know the rest of the Story.
To sum it all, I really enjoyed CS. And I did not jump into the deathtrap in Santa's house. Just letting you know...

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:28 AM
JacobX891 said:
AAAAAAND then, as a follow-up, some catgirls are raped by Roonil, who then kills them and gives them to Kage.

You seem to have gotten the order wrong. First, slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I violate the cat girl's very existence. I then release them, their mind still destroyed from my handiwork. From there, Roonil finds them, rapes them again (though at such a point they probably don't even care anymore) and then kills them, but hey, he wants them dead, they wish to be dead, it's a win-win situation. Roonil then kindly returns the corpse to me for one final display of affection, and the cycle is completed once again... At least for now.

Aug 1, 2008 at 9:13 AM
DoubleThink said:
Kag likes the penis~

Out of all the things you have ever said to me, DoubleThink, this has upset me most. Oh, not because I've actually been offended, but because it means that you've abandoned that sense of intelligence that formerly comprised your persona. For shame, DT, for shame.

Aug 1, 2008 at 9:03 PM
JacobX891 said:
Well I believe you're gay, Kage.

You aren't even making yourself worth the miniscule effort. <3

Aug 1, 2008 at 9:05 PM
In front of a computer
Then IGNORE him!!!