2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I'm back.
still really short orgs though

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2016 at 9:07 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Weeee I guess i made a few more. =^P
Almond Fight - This one I actually had the drums edited slightly to sound faster paced, because the first version of this I placed them in their original spots in Oppression (the song this is based on)
Woodland Porch - A forest level for a mod I'm helping a sibling with. This one I won't make demos of because of the issues of updating frequently enough for TSTNH.
Extra Life! - I think it's obvious enough what it is.
Profile.dat Update - On this one I just started toying around with OrgMaker on my freetime, and decided to share it. It's an extra track to play when you save the game and I made this just because I can.
Smallsong - This one too I was toying around. I had the idea of making something like a specific part of the old Meltdown song in Cave Story Beta's soundtrack.
Spin on the Fin - I think I accidentally made a pun on the Spanish word for end. It's the end credits song.
Spots - Last one on this list. This came out pretty good, even if it's short.
Please reply your feedback when your done. ;^)

Dec 12, 2016 at 3:25 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Alright so I made an ORG of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer but it's bad and IDK how to fix it... it sounds jumbled and doesn't flow quite right, and I can't for the life of me figure out what notes the bass should be. @Tpcool @Random-storykeeper You guys are exceptional at music, can I have a little bit of your advice?

Weeee I guess i made a few more. =^P
Almond Fight - This one I actually had the drums edited slightly to sound faster paced, because the first version of this I placed them in their original spots in Oppression (the song this is based on)
Woodland Porch - A forest level for a mod I'm helping a sibling with. This one I won't make demos of because of the issues of updating frequently enough for TSTNH.
Extra Life! - I think it's obvious enough what it is.
Profile.dat Update - On this one I just started toying around with OrgMaker on my freetime, and decided to share it. It's an extra track to play when you save the game and I made this just because I can.
Smallsong - This one too I was toying around. I had the idea of making something like a specific part of the old Meltdown song in Cave Story Beta's soundtrack.
Spin on the Fin - I think I accidentally made a pun on the Spanish word for end. It's the end credits song.
Spots - Last one on this list. This came out pretty good, even if it's short.
Please reply your feedback when your done. ;^)

Alright, I'm going to look at these @cavestoryLOL
  • Almond Fight - try adding a bassline that's more fast paced. The piece lacks the tension and vigor that most boss fights have but also doesn't convey a sort of "this song is slow but still a boss fight" feel either because of the drums. I'd also make the snare drum fade a little faster. Also, OW. My EARS. For the love of God please change Track 7's instrument.
  • Woodland Porch - the instrument choice is poor, I think you should go for softer instruments. Also, there is a tiny bit of dissonance, although that might be a result of the track selection. See if it goes away when you change the instruments and then rework Track 4 and Track 7 if it doesn't.
  • Extra Life! - It's good enough. Could be a tiny bit longer but it's fine.
  • Profile.dat Update - this one is too long for something like a save-data jingle. It's more of like an "end stage theme" length. Try shortening it. The bass instruments are dissonant too, try changing the notes so that each of them is no more or less than three, five, or eight notes away from each other.
  • Smallsong - not much to say on this one, but it sounds fine.
  • Spin on the Fin - that was actually really pleasant to listen to. I especially liked measures 0 - 16 and then 32 to the end. The part where Tracks 2 and 5 are in the lead can use some work... once again I suggest changing both of those tracks to something softer. I'd also hold the notes at the end for a bit longer. Other than that I really liked this one.
  • Spots - the main part of the song is a little jarring, I suggest just removing some of the tracks and then it will be fine.
You seem to be proficient in using ORGmaker but you may need to brush up on your Music Theory and composition. Keep it up and you have the potential to be a great ORGmaker!

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2016 at 10:24 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
@SuperJaws100 Is there a particular version of Rudolph you are trying to transcribe?

Personally, I would not transcribe the beginning part in ORG, as it's in a slightly different tempo than the main part of the song (not to mention using triplets, which your ORG is not set up for) and instead start from where the song goes "Rudolph the red-nose reindeer". As for the music itself, it seems you are changing keys between song sections, which is probably why some parts aren't flowing right.

The chords you have chosen for the main part of the song are interesting and not typically the ones I hear in covers of this song. It's got a bit of a sad feeling to it.

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:06 AM
@SuperJaws100 Is there a particular version of Rudolph you are trying to transcribe?

Personally, I would not transcribe the beginning part in ORG, as it's in a slightly different tempo than the main part of the song (not to mention using triplets, which your ORG is not set up for) and instead start from where the song goes "Rudolph the red-nose reindeer". As for the music itself, it seems you are changing keys between song sections, which is probably why some parts aren't flowing right.

The chords you have chosen for the main part of the song are interesting and not typically the ones I hear in covers of this song. It's got a bit of a sad feeling to it.

Yeah none of that is what I was going for... maybe I should give up on this one and move on to something else. I really am not to pleased with the way this turned out and I might as well move on to something I can do a lot better. I found some good sheet music for the Grinch which I think I can condense to an ORG.

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:22 AM
Dec 23, 2016 at 7:07 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Alright so I made an ORG of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer but it's bad and IDK how to fix it... it sounds jumbled and doesn't flow quite right, and I can't for the life of me figure out what notes the bass should be. @Tpcool @Random-storykeeper You guys are exceptional at music, can I have a little bit of your advice?

Alright, I'm going to look at these @cavestoryLOL
  • Almond Fight - try adding a bassline that's more fast paced. The piece lacks the tension and vigor that most boss fights have but also doesn't convey a sort of "this song is slow but still a boss fight" feel either because of the drums. I'd also make the snare drum fade a little faster. Also, OW. My EARS. For the love of God please change Track 7's instrument.
  • Woodland Porch - the instrument choice is poor, I think you should go for softer instruments. Also, there is a tiny bit of dissonance, although that might be a result of the track selection. See if it goes away when you change the instruments and then rework Track 4 and Track 7 if it doesn't.
  • Extra Life! - It's good enough. Could be a tiny bit longer but it's fine.
  • Profile.dat Update - this one is too long for something like a save-data jingle. It's more of like an "end stage theme" length. Try shortening it. The bass instruments are dissonant too, try changing the notes so that each of them is no more or less than three, five, or eight notes away from each other.
  • Smallsong - not much to say on this one, but it sounds fine.
  • Spin on the Fin - that was actually really pleasant to listen to. I especially liked measures 0 - 16 and then 32 to the end. The part where Tracks 2 and 5 are in the lead can use some work... once again I suggest changing both of those tracks to something softer. I'd also hold the notes at the end for a bit longer. Other than that I really liked this one.
  • Spots - the main part of the song is a little jarring, I suggest just removing some of the tracks and then it will be fine.
You seem to be proficient in using ORGmaker but you may need to brush up on your Music Theory and composition. Keep it up and you have the potential to be a great ORGmaker!
Thanks for the feedback. I tried out your suggestions, and the songs did seem better. I'll be sure to look at that Rudolf the Red Nosed Raindeer transcription later. =^)

Dec 31, 2016 at 5:50 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Haven't posted anything here in a long while, but I finally got around to making something new in ORG.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bumwlesxnsunz50/Evitcepsrep 3.org?dl=0

@SuperJaws100 I like the idea for the Festive Mix but a lot of it sounds really off key. Sadly I don't think the songs go well together. Holly Jolly Christmas and Flame of the Fire Lotus sound nice. Fire Lotus sounds nice at some parts of the beginning but strangely dissonant in others. I like the idea you use at the end the most, but maybe mix it up some more because it gets a little repetitive.

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:05 AM
2dbro
Here's an ORG I didn't expect to sound good at all.
But it did.
And it's awesome.

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:45 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Here is another little piece I made,
Imagine a huge ocean in a gigantic high roofed cavern, and you're traversing the cliff-side.
That is this, Dark Seas
:)

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:51 AM
I made a remix of Pulse for the CS: Revival remix project. It's called A Cold Wind and includes motifs from Wind Fortress and the Outer Wall.

I'd like some advice on transitioning between the motifs and how I can make the overall quality of the track better.

Jan 19, 2017 at 4:00 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I like the use you make out of Tom 1, well done there, kinda short but hey what can I expect from a Mario 64 song (Is it Mario 64? Correct me if I'm wrong). Simplistic but well done.

Here's a song I made a few months back, got some criticisms, and worked on it a little more I hope they make all the difference, I'm sure @SuperJaws100 and @Random-storykeeper remember this, if not, have I improved on it more? And what would still need to be fixed to make it a better song?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/etlnwqa92pjlrz7/Aquatic rush 3.13.org?dl=0

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:54 AM
2dbro
I transcribed Earthbound Zero/Beginning's shop theme.

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:29 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Well I transcribed that song from B.A.G.U.E.T.T.E.'s soundtrack by Arseniy Shkljaev (don't worry, neither do I know how to pronounce his last name it correctly).
Download
Looped Download
Tell me what you think!

Oh yeah, I forgot to make speaker panning, so you don't have to tell me about that.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2017 at 12:09 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
So, <<here>>'s three five pieces I have made. I took a music theory class and thus have boned up on the stuff you think about in music, but w/e

in order, there's
Autumn in Three
this one is my favorite. It's purposefully laboriously slow and captures the spirit of death and rebirth.

Bat Ballet
This one is simple and I will probably add onto/completely reorganize the melodic structure. It's a ballet for bats.

Be Still
Choral and stuff, but not done in the slightest. Still have to work out harmonies in the voices etc.

Cleaver Scalpel Straight Razor
I basically condensed hatred into music. This one doesn't run according to music theory very well.

Kissing Vines
this one's just fun- letkajenkka/letkiss

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2017 at 6:40 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
music is my sanctuary... and org. composition is the best

Mar 19, 2017 at 7:14 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I like it! Good drum tracks and good instrument selection. I would say that the instrument selection for track 3 sounds a bit off though, it just doesn't quite stand out as much as it does in the original. Other than that, this is a good transcription.