Mar 17, 2018 at 12:34 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Have you figured it out? You could always just use the code from vanilla, either as a learning tool or to directly copy it x)
bosses are weird

but i think its neat you can make bosses out of anything like power critters or bats even
:critter: (not a power critter, but critter)
:orangebell: (not a bat, but big bat)

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:08 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I'm using the <VAR command from TSC+ to substitute for the Infinite Mimiga Mask hack and ran into the problem where the Quote NPCs (NPC0150, the teleporter NPCs, etc) default to the first character set. Someone on the Modding Discord server suggested using the fix that was originally created for the IMM Hack but that was unsuccessful. Any ideas on how to remedy this?

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:52 PM
How hard would it be to prevent the Spur from firing Lv3 Polar Star bullets and force the player to charge the laser to fire at all?

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:21 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
How hard would it be to prevent the Spur from firing Lv3 Polar Star bullets and force the player to charge the laser to fire at all?
I have an xml for Booster's Lab that can customize the bullets.

It's just waiting for the next version of BL to be released, though I recall someone already giving you a patch in the discord server.

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:57 AM
I have an xml for Booster's Lab that can customize the bullets.

It's just waiting for the next version of BL to be released, though I recall someone already giving you a patch in the discord server.

Yes indeed, I posted here first then remembered the Discord existed.

This can be put into Booster's Lab's hex patcher to do it:

Code:
0x41FB40
C7 45 FC 00

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:50 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I need some pointers on how to modify NPC health with ASM hacks. I'm trying to change the health value for NPC 267 (among other NPCs), which has the offset 459D80 according to this list. I'm pretty new to assembly, but from what I could gather it seems there's mostly just AI instructions under that offset. This seems to be the case for the other NPCs I looked at as well, which makes me think I'm looking in the wrong place. Is there a better way I could be going about this? I should also note that NPC 267 is a boss, however I don't think that matters for this NPC specifically since it's not one of those special map dependent bosses (like Ballos) or whatever.

Additionally, I was able to find a few instances of E_X+40 under offset 459D80, as in some reference to the NPC's health event thing, although I didn't clearly see any values nearby to modify for my desired result.

Apr 4, 2018 at 2:05 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You typically use the npc.tbl editor in boosters lab to modify enemy base health

Apr 4, 2018 at 11:24 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I mostly use Cave Editor and wasn't aware that was a feature in BL.
Worked great, though. Thanks

Apr 5, 2018 at 6:20 AM
War criminal
I mostly use Cave Editor and wasn't aware that was a feature in BL.
Worked great, though. Thanks
It's in CE as well, but let's be honest, BL has way more to offer.

Apr 5, 2018 at 8:56 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
How would I display a custom texture for wind tiles? They don't display the tileset textures by default. Would I have to make an entity with the texture and just put it where the wind tile is?

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:02 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
How would I display a custom texture for wind tiles? They don't display the tileset textures by default. Would I have to make an entity with the texture and just put it where the wind tile is?
im pretty sure to edit those things you need to do either the thing you said or really fancy modding stuffs

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:23 PM
War criminal
Apr 15, 2018 at 7:37 PM
War criminal
How 2 midi to org
Well, you open up a program with a Piano roll, open up Org Maker as well, as you'll be doing the transcribing there. Then, you need to check on which of the WAVE100 waves sound like the instruments from the MIDI you wish to transcribe off of. The last part is that you need to plug the notes in Org Maker by looking back and forth between the two piano rolls, and after some time full of dedication and hard work, you should be able to have an org version of the midi you wanted to transcribe!

There is no easy way past this process.

Apr 15, 2018 at 9:21 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Well, you open up a program with a Piano roll, open up Org Maker as well, as you'll be doing the transcribing there. Then, you need to check on which of the WAVE100 waves sound like the instruments from the MIDI you wish to transcribe off of. The last part is that you need to plug the notes in Org Maker by looking back and forth between the two piano rolls, and after some time full of dedication and hard work, you should be able to have an org version of the midi you wanted to transcribe!

TL;DR open the midi in a midi editor and try to replicate it into an org using the midi as refrence.

Apr 15, 2018 at 9:41 PM
"Huzzah!"

It was meant as a joke at first, but now I'm honestlay intriqued

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:50 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Org help i cant replace org files!