Feb 8, 2015 at 5:14 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm almost certain it's linked in the BIG GALLERY OF MODDING TUTORIALS THAT EVERYONE IS SUPPOSED TO READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS THAT IS STICKIED AND IN ALL CAPS AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:39 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
can you help me...?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 0
Feb 12, 2015 at 12:55 PM
"Huzzah!"
dark frost said:
can you help me...?
You have to give us some info... that picture isn't enough.
but just based off that picture I'd have to say cave editor probably screwed up your map.
There's a way to fix it but I'm too lazy can't exactly remember it to tell you right now.
Is it okay to use this facepic?
p202036-0-cth.png
I sort of resized the Cthulthu sprite from CS+ to make it...

Feb 12, 2015 at 4:13 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
if all you did is resize it then it's probably illegal
if you made visible changes in comparison from the CS+ version and yours, then it's less illegal and more legal

Feb 12, 2015 at 4:46 PM
Based Member
dark frost said:
can you help me...?
I'm going to guess that you haven't un-checked read-only on your mod's folder, since that's the error I usually get when trying to save changes to a game that's still set to read-only.

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:03 PM
"Huzzah!"
duncathan said:
Hmm... that's /probably/ illegal in some fashion. I'm not certain, but I'd err on the side of caution.
Paths said:
if all you did is resize it then it's probably illegal
if you made visible changes in comparison from the CS+ version and yours, then it's less illegal and more legal
So all I got to do is change it some? then I can use it?

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:44 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HaydenStudios said:
I'm going to guess that you haven't un-checked read-only on your mod's folder, since that's the error I usually get when trying to save changes to a game that's still set to read-only.
thank you for your information.. yes i forgot to uncheck read only in my folder...

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:30 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Okay, so I want to make a "King (sword) - Boss" NPC without changing the current "King (sword)" NPC. Of course, this creates a few problems
1. How do I create this NPC in the first place? I have a vague idea of how to do it in Booster's Lab, but I'm not sure of the specifics.
2. How do I code boss patterns for him? Essentially all he'd do is charge the player like "Curly - Boss" but instead of shooting blades he'd just run into the character (as if he stabbed the character).

I have no idea how to do Hex editing so if it involves any of this I'm sort of out of luck.

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:34 PM
beep boop
Your out of luck, my friend. Unless someone volenteers, you'll have to learn or cry. Or make a balrog reskin, and change the hit box.

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:54 AM
"Huzzah!"
SuperJaws100 said:
Okay, so I want to make a "King (sword) - Boss" NPC without changing the current "King (sword)" NPC. Of course, this creates a few problems
1. How do I create this NPC in the first place? I have a vague idea of how to do it in Booster's Lab, but I'm not sure of the specifics.
2. How do I code boss patterns for him? Essentially all he'd do is charge the player like "Curly - Boss" but instead of shooting blades he'd just run into the character (as if he stabbed the character).

I have no idea how to do Hex editing so if it involves any of this I'm sort of out of luck.
Bionicobot said:
Your out of luck, my friend. Unless someone volenteers, you'll have to learn or cry. Or make a balrog reskin, and change the hit box.
I might be able to do it. (Balrog Reskin) I know I can do the spriting, I'm just not sure about the hitbox thing. I think Cave editor can do something with the hitbox by messing with the npc table...

Feb 13, 2015 at 4:31 AM
beep boop
Yeah, it can. Just don't mess with the visible thing. Only the hitbox.

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:03 PM
Booster's Lab can do this too. Is the hitbox relative to tiles or spritesheet framerects?

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:31 PM
beep boop
Hit-Box. You have to assmeble to get the display smaller. Just reduce the hit-box, and keep the sprite in the middle.

Feb 14, 2015 at 3:47 AM
Alright. Now knuckles sent me a King reskin for Balrog. If I need the spritesheet for Balrog, how can I create another with the same functions?

Feb 14, 2015 at 4:02 AM
beep boop
Just use the old skin. Name the king one NpcKing or something, then use a different set for different scenes.

Feb 14, 2015 at 4:03 AM
War criminal
The Balrog entities aren't set to a specific spritesheet. You can use more than one for them to use.

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:07 PM
Bionicobot said:
Just use the old skin. Name the king one NpcKing or something, then use a different set for different scenes.

I'm confused. What do you mean?

TLincoln said:
The Balrog entities aren't set to a specific spritesheet. You can use more than one for them to use.
So, are you saying that if I simply place the King NPCs in the right spot, they'll line up with the Balrog sprites? That's pretty cool.

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:03 PM
beep boop
No, Use different sprite sheets.
For one map, use the balrog sprite sheet. For a different one, use the kings sprite sheet instead of the balrog one.
Can anyone tell me which line of code makes the polar star's firing and ending special effect spawn?

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:35 PM
War criminal
SuperJaws100 said:
So, are you saying that if I simply place the King NPCs in the right spot, they'll line up with the Balrog sprites? That's pretty cool.
Bionicobot said:
No, Use different sprite sheets.For one map, use the balrog sprite sheet. For a different one, use the kings sprite sheet instead of the balrog one.Can anyone tell me which line of code makes the polar star's firing and ending special effect spawn?
The first one's correct. I don't know what you mean by using King's sprite sheet, Bionic. If you use the NpcRegu file for the Balrog NPCs, you'll be seeing the top half of NpcRegu being used, instead of King's sprites themselves. So it'll work better if you make a new King spritesheet based off the NpcBllg file.