Jan 28, 2015 at 5:53 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Kim Tyranto said:
Anyway, does entity 358 (Misery - wind) have any other ANP states than 0010?
0010 lets her turn to look at the screen.
Does anyone know how to have her turn back to her default state with the animations?
I'd try 0000, since that's the default ANP state every entity starts in. There's no real way to know for sure what ANP states an entity has though without brute forcing it (checking all values) or examining the disassembled code.

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:02 PM
Professional Whatever
@portal
diph.php

This part?
They don't go into the upper-right space because they go in a clockwise rotation, meaning when it hits this wall it goes down, not up
That's really all there is to it

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:06 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
So,does anyone know where the rap entity calls are, so I can delete them?
They still need to drop hearts and ammo as well, though.

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:24 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
I have a few very important questions regarding coding for my mod Doctor Who Story.
  1. I want to add flying Butes to the first boss battle with the Core. Obviously I need to add the sprite set and Bute generators to the map, but I don't know how to get them to work while also only launching Butes AFTER the boss fight with the core actual begins. How exactly should I go about doing this?
  2. I want to make a second battle with the Core somewhere, but I don't know how to work with Special Bosses. Can someone explain to me how I can get the Core to work a second time? ENDING SPOILERS FOR THE MOD BELOW:
    My intention is to have the Island be a living being, and it gets angry at the Doctor for trying to kill it. It then proceeds to resurrect the Core before attacking the player. This would be in addition to the "Normal" ending where the player battles the Doctor, the Undead Core, etc.

3. How do I add additional sprite sets while making sure that the proper coding is done for those sprites? Like say if I wanted to re-skin the Boss Battle with the Doctor but still wanted the original Doctor boss sprites to be available for use.

Thanks for the help!

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:30 PM
scrungy
p201996-0-bjehu0p.png
Is it possible to alter the text on this?
It's not that big of a deal if I can't
(I would assume I'd have to locate something in a hex editor, correct me if I'm wrong)

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:23 AM
"Huzzah!"
How would I change the quote on the title screen to load from a different picture? I want it to just be an arrow without affecting my character sprites.

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:36 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
knuckles5577 said:
How would I change the quote on the title screen to load from a different picture? I want it to just be an arrow without affecting my character sprites.
You can probably just use the normal character sprite as the arrow and use the Mimiga Mask as the actual character in-game. I haven't tried it but this should be the easiest solution.

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:00 AM
Based Member
knuckles5577 said:
Runelancer gave us some documentation on changing the title screen a while back. First, scroll down to the bottom of the post and see how you can change the image that is loaded to get the images of Quote at the main menu. Then go back up to the top to see where the framerects are for the Quote sprites, and change them so that they'll be where your arrows are. This procedure assumes that you know how to do basic editing in Olly and understand framerects.

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:04 AM
"Huzzah!"
Tpcool said:
You can probably just use the normal character sprite as the arrow and use the Mimiga Mask as the actual character in-game. I haven't tried it but this should be the easiest solution.
If I did that though I couldn't use Quote's npc anymore. :(

HaydenStudios said:
Runelancer gave us some documentation on changing the title screen a while back. First, scroll down to the bottom of the post and see how you can change the image that is loaded to get the images of Quote at the main menu. Then go back up to the top to see where the framerects are for the Quote sprites, and change them so that they'll be where your arrows are. This procedure assumes that you know how to do basic editing in Olly and understand framerects.
That's the thing. I kind of know how to do basic editing in olly but I don't understand framerects yet. :/

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:49 AM
beep boop
Count the pixels out, and down. Use those in hexadecimal format. Easy as pi.

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:41 AM
"Huzzah!"
Bionicobot said:
Count the pixels out, and down. Use those in hexadecimal format. Easy as pi.
Oh, that simple? kind of like coordinates on minecraft...
Edit:
Okay I changed the framerects it didn't work. Guess I messed up somehow.
Maybe I should just leave it as quote. :(

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:59 PM
beep boop
I think the digits are supposed to be put in backwards or something. Try that.

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:30 PM
Professional Whatever
Yeah bionic didn't really explain that well

When you go to the address where the framerects are located you will see something like this:
diph.php

These are the four framerects for the first sprite of Quote's walking animation, which in this case is used for the title screen. The values here are 0, 10, 10, and 20. In base ten, these are 0, 16, 16, and 32.
diph.php

If you want to change this so it selects a different area, you have to change the framerect values so they select a different position in the mychar. For example, if you want it to select a 16x16 sprite at position (40, 0), then you would set the framerect values to 40, 0, 56, 16. (40, 0) is the top left corner of the sprite, and (56, 16) is the bottom-right corner. Of course, you need to convert these values to hexadecimal before you put them into the code.
For the title screen cursor, these are the frames you want to change:
diph.php

They each come in fours, starting at the address listed to the left of each in the image above. For the first sprite you start at 40FA85. For the second you start at 40FAAD, and so on.

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:02 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
SuperJaws100 said:
I have a few very important questions regarding coding for my mod Doctor Who Story.
  1. I want to add flying Butes to the first boss battle with the Core. Obviously I need to add the sprite set and Bute generators to the map, but I don't know how to get them to work while also only launching Butes AFTER the boss fight with the core actual begins. How exactly should I go about doing this?
  2. I want to make a second battle with the Core somewhere, but I don't know how to work with Special Bosses. Can someone explain to me how I can get the Core to work a second time? ENDING SPOILERS FOR THE MOD BELOW:
    My intention is to have the Island be a living being, and it gets angry at the Doctor for trying to kill it. It then proceeds to resurrect the Core before attacking the player. This would be in addition to the "Normal" ending where the player battles the Doctor, the Undead Core, etc.

3. How do I add additional sprite sets while making sure that the proper coding is done for those sprites? Like say if I wanted to re-skin the Boss Battle with the Doctor but still wanted the original Doctor boss sprites to be available for use.

Thanks for the help!

I'll post this again because I know these are questions that half the people who just responded to knuckles know the answer to.

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:42 PM
beep boop
Hey, do you know how I can get the entity 0284, Enemy Sue, to work? I'm using the animation 20, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that I made the health 100... If you could help, please do so.

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:06 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Bionicobot said:
Hey, do you know how I can get the entity 0284, Enemy Sue, to work? I'm using the animation 20, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that I made the health 100... If you could help, please do so.
You'd either have to change the HP via ASM, or somehow remove its death event; as Enemy Sue has an event that automatically runs on death (similar to Gaudi).

Of course, I might be mistaken here.

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:09 AM
beep boop
Where is the event? I must NOP it.