Dec 1, 2013 at 4:41 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
These are actually pretty simple. <CMPXXXX:YYYY:ZZZZ places tile X at (Y,Z). X is defined depending on its position on the tileset, of course. The first tile is tile 0000, and is positioned at the top left. The next is 0001, and is to the right of that. That keeps up until 0015, which is at the far right and at the top. 0016 will be in the next row, at the very left. The far right tile of this row is 0031. Repeat this process until you find your desired tile number.

<BSLXXXX simply creates a health bar at the bottom of the screen for entity X. It does nothing besides this.

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:49 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
MagicDoors said:
These are actually pretty simple. <CMPXXXX:YYYY:ZZZZ places tile X at (Y,Z). X is defined depending on its position on the tileset, of course. The first tile is tile 0000, and is positioned at the top left. The next is 0001, and is to the right of that. That keeps up until 0015, which is at the far right and at the top. 0016 will be in the next row, at the very left. The far right tile of this row is 0031. Repeat this process until you find your desired tile number.

<BSLXXXX simply creates a health bar at the bottom of the screen for entity X. It does nothing besides this.
Thanks, one more question regarding the BSL scenario. I am trying to make it so that there is nothing in a room but a chest, and when you open it, an NPC appears with a boss health bar. So far all my attempts failed, I have tried using the "appears once flag Id is set", but it never appears.

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:51 AM
Professional Whatever
That entity flag only activates when loading a map. You actually have to <CNP the entity if you plan on using it for that scenario. Your current scenario would have the boss appear when you reenter the room (although it would likely just stand there anyway without the proper <ANP).

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:01 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
MagicDoors said:
That entity flag only activates when loading a map. You actually have to <CNP the entity if you plan on using it for that scenario. Your current scenario would have the boss appear when you reenter the room (although it would likely just stand there anyway without the proper <ANP).
Thanks! With some fiddling around with the script, I eventually got it to work! With this fixed, my demo will hopefully be up tommorow night.

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Based Member
So I figured out how to get the map data from the freeware Cave Story's EXE, and at first I thought that data could be copied directly into a "Stage.tbl" file for use in CS+ mods. But then I realized that the "Stage.tbl" file in Cave Story+ has some extra information before the caption of each map. Can anyone tell me what purpose this extra data serves?

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:37 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It's the name in japanese

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:30 AM
"Huzzah!"
How do I make a song loop with org maker? (when it gets to the end, it starts over.)
Edit: Thanks MagicDoors, that works.

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Professional Whatever
That's done in the org itself. The start and end points can be set in the settings menu, which is the menu that shows up when you press ctrl+F1.

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I know its probably already answered but i looked almost everywhere...

How do you delete an entity after using it for animation by using flags?

hope its not confusing...

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Based Member
KaminoShimobe said:
I know its probably already answered but i looked almost everywhere...

How do you delete an entity after using it for animation by using flags?

hope its not confusing...
If you want to delete the entity while the game is running, use <DNPXXXX. Note that doing so will set your entity's flag ID. If you want your entity to cease to appear on the map every subsequent time it's loaded, then check the entity flag "appears once flag ID is set" or "disappears once flag ID is set" depending on whether or not the entity's flag is set when your condition has been met.

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:31 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
And also note that the entity's flag is set when an entity is destroyed.

If a presses flag ID is 120 then <FL+0120 on death automatically.

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Based Member
Bombchu Link said:
I already said that:
HaydenStudios said:
...use <DNPXXXX. Note that doing so will set your entity's flag ID.

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
HaydenStudios said:
If you want to delete the entity while the game is running, use <DNPXXXX. Note that doing so will set your entity's flag ID. If you want your entity to cease to appear on the map every subsequent time it's loaded, then check the entity flag "appears once flag ID is set" or "disappears once flag ID is set" depending on whether or not the entity's flag is set when your condition has been met.
Bombchu Link said:
Thanks alot guys i fixed the problem. Back to modding!

Dec 4, 2013 at 3:58 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hello there. It's been awhile since I've modified Cave Story so bear with me here. So here's my dilemma, in this mod I'm currently now doing, you are able to pick one of 3 weapons at the beginning, and if you change your mind before selecting it, it gives you a option of yes take it, or no don't with a following line of of "Take your time". But if said player decides to go back and pick it, it should do the same as before and ask. But instead if you deny it the first time and examine it again after selecting no (the first time), the second time doesn't even ask, just says the message after no of take your time. How do I make it loop if you end the script and the start it again without it going directly to the no message? This is the best I could explain.

Also, on a side note, stage tile set color amount. Like for cave tile set you can only use 16 colors, and I know how to change them, but how do you make the limit like 32? Just a side question.

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Professional Whatever
Thomas can you post your code? We can't really throw punches if we're in the dark. I mean we can but we might miss or punch a wall or kill our best friend or something. Would you sacrifice your best friend's life? That's disgusting. I can't believe you.

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Thanks Dunc! How about the other problem?

And I thought I'd have to, I'll post it later when I get home, sorry.

And no I'd never want to kill anyone! Sorry! It was late!

Dec 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Professional Whatever
Hahah i'm just joking around with you. Take your time, no need to rush or anything :p

Dec 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Okay, haha, well heres the code.

<KEY<FLJ1640:0301<FL+1640<SOU0300<CNP0300:0021:0000
<MSGThe power of the warrior.<NOD
A sword of terrible destruction.<NOD
Is this the power you seek?<YNJ0301<GIT0009<AM+0009:0000<CLR
<CMU0010Got the =Sword=!<WAI0160<NOD<GIT0000<CLO<RMU

<KEY<MS2<CLRTake your time.<NOD<END

Thats it, its for the Kingdom Hearts mod Im starting again.