The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
IdioticBaka1824 said:
So I should change all of them?
ummm.... yeah...

Nov 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
How do I change how many shots a weapon can fire at once?
(If it requires ASM, can I has the offsets?)

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:02 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
{merge with quick modding thread}

Use Resource Hacker and edit the icon using an icon converter.

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM
"Huzzah!"
Samario said:
I think you can do this with cave editor's bullet editor.

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Samario said:
It requires hex editing. Open Doukutsu.exe with a hex editor, and jump to the required offset you want to edit. Take offsets from here.
There's no guarantee that the offset will have the exact value of how the weapon behaves in the game, so just add a certain amount to the offset. Making it FF causes glitches, a safe practical maximum is hex 20 (32).
I hope I'm not unclear.

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
What are you even saying

Nov 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM
You missed a question mark.

Nov 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
IdioticBaka1824 said:
You missed a question mark.
And you missed the point

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM
That was really a good pun!
By the way, what was the point?

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:58 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
IdioticBaka1824 said:
By the way, what was the point?
You had no idea what you were talking about.

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I completely understood what I was talking about, mainly because I've already done it, but I didn't understand what Mr.MagicDoors was talking about.

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
IdioticBaka1824 said:
I completely understood what I was talking about, mainly because I've already done it, but I didn't understand what Mr.MagicDoors was talking about.
all people want is the offsets.

just post those.

he he Mr. Magicdoors...

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Professional Whatever
It seems you missed the point as well

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Based Member
Okay, let's just clarify this situation.
Samario said:
With this question, I inferred that he was asking to change the way a gun fires bullets, not alter the behavior or appearance of the bullets themselves. In which case, the document you linked to would not contain the necessary information, because it appears to be having the offsets of the bullets themselves, not the guns that fire them. If he wants the offsets for the guns, then he'd be best looking at these offests:
0x4047B0 - Polar Star (all levels)

0x404B30 - Fireball (all levels)

0x405120 - Machinegun (all levels)

0x4055A0 - Missile Launcher (all levels)

0x405F30 - Bubbler level 1
0x406190 - Bubbler level 2
0x4064D0 - Bubbler level 3

0x4068B0 - Bubbler level 3 shot
0x4075E0 - Blade level 3 slash
0x4078A0 - [unused]

0x406BB0 - Blade level 1
0x406E60 - Blade level 2
0x407110 - Blade level 3

0x407910 - Super Missile Launcher (all levels)

0x408230 - Nemesis (all levels)

0x408710 - Charged spur (all levels)

0x408AE0 - Non moving spur (all levels)
It's somewhere in there that he'd need to modify the instructions of the weapon and make it fire more than one bullet at once.

Here's the second problem with your answer:
IdioticBaka1824 said:
It requires hex editing. Open Doukutsu.exe with a hex editor, and jump to the required offset you want to edit.
I would be amazed if even the great GIRakaCHEEZER were able to do this with a hex editor. Hex editors have you view the EXE in raw bytes and ASCII, which are humanly impossible to interpret when you're looking through instructions that compute things such as a weapon's behavior. You'd be much better off using an assembly editor, which takes those bytes, and converts them into semi-readable code with more coherent instructions.

Furthermore, you did not appear to make any sense with this entire segment here:
IdioticBaka1824 said:
There's no guarantee that the offset will have the exact value of how the weapon behaves in the game, so just add a certain amount to the offset. Making it FF causes glitches, a safe practical maximum is hex 20 (32).
I feel it would be cruel to pick apart this segment, so unless you really try to defend this, I'm just going to say this part here didn't make any sense.

I'm sorry to say, but you really didn't know what you were talking about, IdioticBaka. Nobody's going to chew you out for not knowing about something, but if you're going to try to act like you do know, those who do know are going to notice, and those who are trying to learn will be mislead. Overall, it just causes disruption. In which case it's best to simply not post.

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Mr.HaydenStudios, I would like to clarify a few things as well.
The way I described is the way I have personally done it myself a few days ago, so I know it works, even if you do have a point. And I did it with a hex editor, HxD to be precise.
About that statement which didn't make sense, I'll use an example: I go to the hex offset which describes how many shots lvl 3 fireball can fire at once, and in the hex code, it won't be 04. Even though that's how it behaves in the game. (Strange!) And if you set it to FF, it won't shoot up to 255 shots at once, it will just not fire at all. So I tried setting it to 0x20 (32), and it worked completely. I had a fireball which could shoot (practically) unlimited shots. So that's what I meant.
Hopefully I have cleared up some doubts about my original and cryptic post. I don't blame you for not understanding it.
P.S: If you still don't understand, ask for a video.

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Professional Whatever
See hayden's post
He pretty much summed it up

Edit: of course baka edited his post why wouldn't he
I wrote this when baka asked me what "the point" was, in case anyone cares about context

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Based Member
IdioticBaka1824 said:
Mr.HaydenStudios, I would like to clarify a few things as well.
There's no need to call me Mr. HaydenStudios. It's not like we're talking in person and I have 20+ years of seniority over you. You can just call me HaydenStudios, Hayden, or HS. Take your pick.

IdioticBaka1824 said:
I did it with a hex editor, HxD to be precise.
All right, so we've clarified that you're using a hex editor.

IdioticBaka1824 said:
I go to the hex offset which describes how many shots lvl 3 fireball can fire at once, and in the hex code, it won't be 04. Even though that's how it behaves in the game. (Strange!) And if you set it to FF, it won't shoot up to 255 shots at once, it will just not fire at all. So I tried setting it to 0x20 (32), and it worked completely. I had a fireball which could shoot (practically) unlimited shots. So that's what I meant.
Hopefully I have cleared up some doubts about my original and cryptic post. I don't blame you for not understanding it.
I see what you're saying now. I just tried doing what you said, and I got the same results as you described. I apologize for the condescension, your answer has the potential to be what Samario was looking for.

Although I interpreted Samario's post a bit differently. I interpreted it as him wanting to change the number of bullets that are fired by pulling the trigger once, or perhaps how rapidly automatic guns like the Machine Gun and Bubbler fire if you just hold the trigger down, rather than change how many bullets are allowed onscreen at once. Nonetheless, if what you answered was what he was looking for, then it turns out you were right on all accounts.

Nov 18, 2013 at 9:54 PM
HaydenStudios said:
There's no need to call me Mr. HaydenStudios. It's not like we're talking in person and I have 20+ years of seniority over you. You can just call me HaydenStudios, Hayden, or HS. Take your pick.
I like to be respectful, so I hope you don't mind.

But that raises an interesting question: How do you make weapons rapid-fire like machine gun/bubbler? Is there any place where Doukutsu just asks you 'Rapid-fire or not?', or is it more complicated?

Nov 19, 2013 at 4:00 AM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It's more complicated, ie. you check for KeyHeld instead of KeyPressed, and if the [shoot] key is held then you jump to the timer which handles the delays between shots. Of course you have to also make the timer, too. I hope I'm not understandable.