May 20, 2013 at 2:37 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Noxid said:
well it wouldn't be super hard
but it wouldn't be trivial

basically no
If I was to change the X/Y location of the Cave Story logo/title and edited the framerects to make it cover the entire screen. It should work, right? All that I don"t know how to do is to apply multiple sprites over the same area and make them alternate . . . I'm very serious about doing this.

To word the question differently.

How do I make alternating sprites? (Similar to how characters blink, but more consistently and every 2 or three ticks)

Completely unrelated questions:

How do I give animations to characters that did not originally have then? (Like making Curly or King teleport in/out)

How would I make the command TXB (TeXt Big) for giant text in the message box. along with a brother command TXS (TeXT Small) to return the text to normal size. (I've already used the FAC command)

Sorry for So many questions, but one more. How would I make a Text color changing command? argument 0000 would be white text, 0001 would be black, 0002 is red. 0003 is blue, ect. ect. ect.

May 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM
LSD
"..."
I'll try and answer your questions to the extent of my limited abilities before Noxid or Lunarsoul (hopefully)

How do I make alternating sprites?
Perhaps hack an NPC to have more than one sprite and have it change periodically. I actually have no idea. That might work theoretically.

How do I give animations to characters that did not originally have then?
See my answer to the above question.

How would I make the command TXB (TeXt Big) for giant text in the message box. along with a brother command TXS (TeXT Small) to return the text to normal size.
No idea, could be impossible. It would change the framerects of the text and I'm not sure how well that'd turn out.

How would I make a Text color changing command?
I don't know if this is possible either. You can go into a certain offset and change the whole mod's text colour, but I don't know if that's what you'd want, and I don't know where the offset is...

Sorry.
Take it away you two

May 21, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Code:
DrawText
push (Size? <0D>)
Push Color <00FEFFFF>
Push String
Push Y
Push X
Call 40CEB0
Add ESP, 14
So I guess you could add to the beginning of the <msg command and make the game store an extra parameter for the font color, then search for a string after the command, then push the variable that the parameter is stored in for the "push color" part. You'd have to change what number is added to DWORD [485AE0] when the game searches for a string, though.
Sorry if it didn't make sense, most of my explanations don't

May 21, 2013 at 5:10 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I don't want to sound stupid, but how do I make the CS music play in my mod? I tried looking at Pixel's maps, couldn't figure it out. Someone help?

May 21, 2013 at 5:18 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
THAT DIDNT WORK. I already tried it b4.

May 21, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Professional Whatever
<CMUXXXX or <CMU and then a four-digit number
Also what number are you using

May 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Silly Dunc, XXXX is track 0.

Silly Dunc.

May 22, 2013 at 6:11 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Actually, the game will interpret that as track 44440 if you really want to be pedantic

May 22, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Professional Whatever
Oh that might actually play something
What track is number 44440 in cave story?

May 22, 2013 at 8:30 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Well, when I checked it I got the resource name "☻" but more likely than not that'll just give a segfault when you try to run it.

May 23, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
MagicDoors said:
Oh that might actually play something
What track is number 44440 in cave story?
It's that one hidden song in the code that sounds a little like Missingno. giving a rock concert with electric harps while Giygas raps.

Sadly, however, it's too awesome for the game to play it and it will cause errors if you try. If my sources are correct, Pixel has a working .MP3 of the song, which he keeps in the same locked chest where the beta Cave Story files are.

May 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM
LSD
"..."
Is there any way to change which weapon Curly uses at any given time? when she is assisting you (ie Labyrinth)?

May 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Based Member
If you're talking no ASM, then you can change the weapon wielded by the Curly AI based on whether or not flag 0563 is set. If it's not set, she'll have the Machine gun. If it is, she'll have the polar star. Keep in mind though that if you change this flag in-game while a Curly AI is in the room, you'll need to reload the map for the changes to take effect, so you can't change it on the fly without assembly.

May 25, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Based Member
Editing sounds is not done using Ollydbg much, to my awareness. Instead, people use Sea Tone. And it's pretty easy to use that application to find out which sound is which.

May 25, 2013 at 6:25 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
HaydenStudios said:
Editing sounds is not done using Ollydbg much, to my awareness. Instead, people use Sea Tone. And it's pretty easy to use that application to find out which sound is which.
I meant using a sound already found in the exe. (In this case the one when Tokoro is knock over in the shack)

May 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Bombchu Link said:
I meant using a sound already found in the exe. (In this case the one when Tokoro is knock over in the shack)
So is he