Jan 16, 2011 at 5:41 PM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I think I remember seeing an entity for the carried Curly. You may need to do something with that whenever you load the map.

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:26 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Backyardcabinxy said:
A quick question. Can you save to the Profile.dat Quote with Curly on his back, either the shooting one or where she is knocked out? I can't seem to figure out to get this to save when the game is loaded. When it loads, Curly is off his back. Can this be done with flags, or does it require assembly. If It can be done, can you post example script...
Thanks,
CabinXY

Can be done with flags.

NPC 259 = Curly carried (unconscious)
NPC 320 = Curly carried, alive and shooting

For each of these NPCs, put them on the map. Then set Entity Flag 0x0800 for both of them. Now, give them a flagID (also known as EntityID). When you set the flag specified by the flagID, the NPC will appear. If not, the NPC does not appear.

For example, let's say you have NPC 320 anywhere on the map (Curly on your back, shooting the nemesis). If her EntityID/FlagID is 5000, then do an <FL+5000 and she'll appear when the map reloads. Even if you save she'll still be there.

Oh, by the way, if you want Curly on all maps, you should put the entity 320 or 259 on all maps. Set or clear flag 5000 depending on whether you want her there or not.

Jan 17, 2011 at 3:23 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Hey, I just wanted to say, I don't need the help with Monster X anymore. Though I'm sad to say it didn't work, I found a different way to use it. I think I succeeded at making the boss fight hard actually. Thanks for all who tried to help, it was very much appreciated.

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:52 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Shadow Major said:
Because I was using them in a Boss fight, but they wouldn't go invincible.

I think I found out the problem. I made blank entities, but set those with the invincible flags. So when I changed those entities to enemies, they weren't invincible anymore. Is this what is wrong?

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:56 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I'm finding it difficult to save face pics, as whenever I save the picture, it messes up the colors. Does anyone know a way to avoid this?

Jan 17, 2011 at 7:00 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
I'm finding it difficult to save face pics, as whenever I save the picture, it messes up the colors. Does anyone know a way to avoid this?

32 bit bmp.

Jan 17, 2011 at 7:11 AM
I don't anymore.
Vercci said:
32 bit bmp.

The face pics are 256 bit bmp. That's the max. do I have to change is to pbm and edit for an hour? I HATE bmp format, but Cave Editor doesnMt have the same tools.

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:54 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
The face pics are 256 bit bmp. That's the max. do I have to change is to pbm and edit for an hour? I HATE bmp format, but Cave Editor doesnMt have the same tools.

No, they're 256 color or 8-bit. And for land sakes, bmp is exactly the same format as pbm but the extension is just different, and anybody who thinks there's a significant difference and refuses to switch is retarted.

Anyway, they only need to be 16 or 24-bit for truecolor.

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
16-bit (or 15-bit) is called "high colour" or something like that, if I recall; "true colour" is 24-bit. For 32-bit, I think the extra bits are normally alpha, so they don't count and it'd also be "true colour", though I'm not sure BMP supports alpha channel at all.

I could be wrong since I don't really look at Windows's colour depth names very often... they aren't very logical to be honest. "Thousands of Colours" (16-bit) and "Millions of Colours" (24-bit) is so much easier to remember.

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:18 PM
I don't anymore.
Listen, I worked forever on those face pics, and when I saved, they came out with all the colors distorted, I HAVE SWITCHED TO BMP AND AM NOT VERY HAPPY AT THE MOMENT, DON'T GIVE ME SHIT ABOUT IT IF I ALREADY DID IT. I don't need to hear about anyone's opinion over bmp, I just want to know how to save it without that happening.

EDIT: Sorry, I was frustrated over losing an hours work. But I'd rather get help than here speechs about bmp format.

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:19 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
For the record, I wrote down 24 bit at first, but for some reason I edited it to 32 :3

I should have checked

[edit] Dude calm down...

You're making a cave story picture edit? YOU'RE ALREADY USING BMP. Just save it as a 24 bit bmp when you're done. Not 256 color. You're using ms paint which WILL use a predefined palette, and morph close colors into it.

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:14 PM
I don't anymore.
I apologize for the reaction, I will think more before typing. Why does 24 bit format work? How is it different from the other formats?

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:44 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Low-bitdepth formats typically rely on an indexed palette to store color information, and then the entries in the palette are 24-bit (8 bits for red, 8 bits for green, 8 bits for blue). If you rely on crappy software like MS Paint, it might generate a standard palette for you and try to colormatch to the closest fit. Paint.NET is good because it optimizes your palette and colors to preserve the original look as much as possible when using low-bit depth (8-bit) formats.

However, if you just go with 24-bit, then every pixel entry is stored with all the data necessary to give the original image (pretty much) so you don't have to worry about palettes or optimization or any of that. Downside here is that it really bloats the filesize.

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:54 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Er, So I tried using the colors for Quote's halloween costume in the PC Version but when I open it up in GIMP, The red eyes are good,but his green ear things are yellow-grey, the blue is not exact but it's ok and... How Do I change bmp to pbm

Here's the MyChar...

diph.php

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:56 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Assuming you mean pbm to bmp, get a copy of Cave Editor, make sure "Read Only" is removed from all files, load your executable, press "Game Settings, check "Remove (C)Pixel requirement for images", change the pbm to bmp, hit okay, save, and you're done.

Jan 17, 2011 at 7:02 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You still didn't answer my first question... or... I could just use Quote's colors.
(blue eyes for hat,red hat for eyes)

Jan 17, 2011 at 7:04 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Uh, to change bmp to pbm, rename the file extension from .bmp to .pbm, and then use a hex editor to add (C)Pixel to the end...

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Do only bosses run scripts when they die when you set that flag on them? I tried setting the "run script on death" flag on a normal entity, but when it died, nothing happened.

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:17 PM
I don't anymore.
Shadow Major said:
Do only bosses run scripts when they die when you set that flag on them? I tried setting the "run script on death" flag on a normal entity, but when it died, nothing happened.

Did you add an event to the entity? If so, then double check to male sure the entity still has the event, Cave editor has issues saving the events you add to entities.