Aug 18, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Fatih120 said:
WhoaWhoaWHoa - I saw a old thread saying that it is impossible to add curly somewhere other than Labyrinth and Core levels. What happened?
DEN DER RONG! because any script can be run on any level. exept for the credits. the credits scripts have their own special needz :D

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:45 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Can someone post a tutorial on how to do this, I always wanted a mod that just does that. And I will make one for you guys if I can, which I cannot.
"WHY?!?!?!"
I tried everything, it's just that it won't the specific script at all.
Other words, the Anp trick is no use.

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Misconceptions all around!

Come here children, let me explain a few thing' about them intelligence of curly n' all that.

The curly A.I can be put in any level, and with a machine gun or polar star. NO NEMESIS OR ANY OTHER WEAPON can be held, unless you did that assembly stuff that's dang complicated.

By using that ANP that Hayden said, you can activate her to start following you and moving a bit.

BUT HERE'S THEM PROBLEMS: she will only attack certain enemies!

That's right! Put her in sandzone, she don't fire her stuff. Put her with balrog, she just stare wide-eyed as if it was no big bother to her.

Only the labyrinth enemies and the core will feel her wrath, if she finds any enemies that don't belong in them categories, a useless follower is what she is to you.

And QuoteHax, please ask them questions 'n the thread that dear Hayden told you. That 'ill make every dang thing better for all of us.

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Erase the sprites from bullet.bmp? I think that makes the bullets intangible but I may be mistaken.

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Stoned Member
EnlightenedOne said:

Come here children, let me explain a few thing' about them intelligence of curly n' all that.

The curly A.I can be put in any level, and with a machine gun or polar star. NO NEMESIS OR ANY OTHER WEAPON can be held, unless you did that assembly stuff that's dang complicated.

By using that ANP that Hayden said, you can activate her to start following you and moving a bit.

That's right! Put her in sandzone, she don't fire her stuff. Put her with balrog, she just stare wide-eyed as if it was no big bother to her.

Only the labyrinth enemies and the core will feel her wrath, if she finds any enemies that don't belong in them categories, a useless follower is what she is to you.

And QuoteHax, please ask them questions 'n the thread that dear Hayden told you. That 'ill make every dang thing better for all of us.
NO WAI! pixel y u do dis. ;_;

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Erasing the bullets from bullet.bmp just makes them invisible, it doesn't actually change the hitboxes or make them go away or anything like that. I want it so that no bullet is fired, or the closest thing to that.

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM
EnlightenedOne said:

You all played sonic 2 and 3 right?
I need proof that curly is that useless, *not really* but since I'd rather a partner following me for any reason then not.
btw, I don't know how to put the anp where its suppose too, when I put it anywhere on the script it still won't work. Scripting is that difficult for me.
*I give up, either its possible or not because the A.I. just stands there like a dumb idiot.*

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM
metalsonic71 said:
You all played sonic 2 and 3 right?
I need proof that curly is that useless, *not really* but since I'd rather a partner following me for any reason then not.
btw, I don't know how to put the anp where its suppose too, when I put it anywhere on the script it still won't work. Scripting is that difficult for me.
*I give up, either its possible or not because the A.I. just stands there like a dumb idiot.*
Have you tried watching Noxid's intro to modding video?

You place the ANP command in an event that is going to be run... I don't really know how to explain it to you because frankly... It's like one of the first things about modding the game.

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
QuoteHax said:
NO WAI! pixel y u do dis. ;_;
Because he's lazy and it would be wasteful to make her target all enemies. Making her target all enemies sounds easy, but since there's no ingame distinction between a door and a critter in terms of object types or whatnot, having her target all entities would result in her attacking stationary, non-threatening (and sometimes even invisible) objects.

IIRC how it works in code is that the labyrinth entities have a special function in their AI which tells the Curly AI where they are.

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Stoned Member
can someone tell me how to get autohacker working? im tooooo lazy to do all this stuff.

Aug 19, 2013 at 5:45 AM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Because he's lazy

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO PIXEL-SAN

But it is true. He should have added an all-around option for her :(

Ah, well.

Sorry for double-posting but I coulden't help it. Is it O.K. to share an idea of a mod that I would start working on in http://www.cavestory.org/forums/forums/26/ or does it violate rules?

Aug 19, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Protip: Curly will not MOVE if you have to collect something or during special events.
I'll post the mod tomorrow.

Aug 19, 2013 at 5:59 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
If it's a Cave Story mod (which I'm assuming it is seeing as you're asking here), it would have gone in Ideas and Development, which is now closed. There are various places you could ask depending on what help you want, but the concept of posting only ideas has more or less been done away with. I s'pose this topic is as good a place as any to put them now.

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:40 AM
metalsonic71 said:
Protip: Curly will not MOVE if you have to collect something or during special events.
I'll post the mod tomorrow.
I'm sorry, will you elaborate a little? I'm not quite sure what your saying is true, though I don't know what "special events" is referring to so... Explain what precisely makes her not move?

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Because he's lazy and it would be wasteful to make her target all enemies. Making her target all enemies sounds easy, but since there's no ingame distinction between a door and a critter in terms of object types or whatnot, having her target all entities would result in her attacking stationary, non-threatening (and sometimes even invisible) objects.

IIRC how it works in code is that the labyrinth entities have a special function in their AI which tells the Curly AI where they are.

Is it known where the values are that check for entity no. ---- whatever to have curly fire at them?

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Bombchu Link said:
Is it known where the values are that check for entity no. ---- whatever to have curly fire at them?
If such a list of entity numbers existed, well, then it would be a really easy hack to have her attack other things.

But if you READ MY POST, you'd see that what I said was that the enemy AI "calls a function to tell curly where they are", that is, the enemy AIs of the labrynth monsters specifically call this function. If you wanted to, say, have her attack a critter in the first cave, you'd need to go to its AI (its assembly) and add the function.

Aug 20, 2013 at 1:28 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It's not even a function, more like a macro/copypaste code chunk iirc

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Fatih120 said:
What's Co-Op story? I can't check it out right now.
Nothing really, he just threw curly in every room and she will follow you the entire game.

...and will still only shoot at labyrinth enemies.