Aug 21, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Not with Cave Editor alone, no. You can with Assembly though.

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Fatih120 said:
Seriously, can't you change the NPC functions and stuff?
Yes, answering your question: you can change the functions, and make it so Curly will attack other enemies.

However, You DIDN'T ask how easy it was.

It's not. Not even I would bother trying to decipher how to do that... Yet.

Aug 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I was going to ask a question, but the good old assembly compendium has the answer once again.

Thx Noxid

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
OK, I have a HUGE problem with coordinates. Is there any way to like wave my mouse around and tell what coordinate in the map it's on so when I leave the map and want to come back I don't appear a random area in the room? I just want to know how to check coordinates, that's all. I use Booster's Lab BTW.

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Well uh, you could right-click on the tile you want the coords of

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Noxid said:
Well uh, you could right-click on the tile you want the coords of
wat.
you can do dat.

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Professional Whatever
No, he's just fucking with you and you should definitely not try it for yourself

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM
MagicDoors said:
No, he's just fucking with you and you should definitely not try it for yourself
XD

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:27 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Dumb Question:

What is/does <VAC do?

I saw it was part of Noxid's open source along with <EQJ and was just wondering what it does.

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:06 AM
uh hello
in a hack im making that changes alot of the scripts and im trying to make it so the toroko boss fight works.
it actually does work, but only partially, she loads, she takes damage, she has a health bar ect ect but she wont die, shes like a punching bag.the script i have for her loading is in the spoiler below
<KEY<MS2...Toroko.<NOD<CLO<GIT1005<MSGStuffed the =Red Petals=
into her mouth.<NOD<GIT0000<IT-0005<CLR
<FAC0011...<NOD<CLO<CNP0501:0140:0000<BSL0503
<FOM0016<CMU0004<END
i have almost all entities intact, minus misery, the doctor, and the 3 surrounding the one that acts like a door.

i have absolutely no idea whats wrong because that is the only script i messed with and im confused as to why it is not working.

and just incase someone needs to know, i use cave editor for this.

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Professional Whatever
Well uh
You're changing entity 501 into type 140 (toroko+)
but then you're making entity 503 the boss entity which is probably something that doesn't exist
So toroko might actually die but weird things happen and the health bar doesn't decrease

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:17 AM
MagicDoors said:
Well uh
You're changing entity 501 into type 140 (toroko+)
but then you're making entity 503 the boss entity which is probably something that doesn't exist
So toroko might actually die but weird things happen and the health bar doesn't decrease
huh, may have been the way i did it (the toroko ingame falls from entity 503 but i made a whole new toroko instead which is not 503)

anyways it worked so thank you

edit: though i have another quick question which probably seems really dumb but how do i make it so quote isnt in toroko+s hitbox when she transforms because i always take 5 damage because of that (<MYB0000 doesnt exactly bump you to the left for some reason)

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Professional Whatever
Well <MYB0000 bumps you to the right but if it doesn't move you at all then I would just keep the player away from toroko as she transforms (aka use an h/v trigger to initiate dialogue rather than making the player actually interact with toroko)

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:35 AM
MagicDoors said:
Well <MYB0000 bumps you to the right but if it doesn't move you at all then I would just keep the player away from toroko as she transforms (aka use an h/v trigger to initiate dialogue rather than making the player actually interact with toroko)
well, you see...quote stuffs red petals into her mouth. he cant throw them from a distance because he cant force her to eat them that way. so really, the H/V trigger doesnt work, though i did use <MOV to teleport him away from her. (that just seems unfinished/sloppy though)

also for some reason, she explodes like an enemy, though i fixed the scripts so it says torok instead of <null> (501 instead of 503) so i dont know whats wrong there...

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Professional Whatever
Alright, first problem try using multiple <MYB0002 to jump to the left a few times

Second problem set an entity flag for toroko, the one that says "run script upon death" or whatever something like that. Then for event number #0501 put in the death sequence for toroko - the one from the original game would probably suffice although i guess you'd want to add to it for whatever happens next in the mod.