Mar 5, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ah, well now seeing that you need to do it with three different characters, you'll need assembly to add more onto the MyChar.bmp as well, in addition to needing to juggle some more flags.
If you were only doing two characters you'd be able to do what I said above without assembly.

Mar 5, 2013 at 10:12 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Well thanks anyways, I knew something like that was coming, and I got that game you put in the post, I'm going to dig around in it later. But here one thing, I'm using Misery and Sue's sprites (edited, for what it's worth). Should I import the edited sue sprite on the mimiga masked sprite, there both the same height, (after I edited them)? Then how should I make it so that I can play as Misery (EDITED! EVERYTHING IS EDITED (FOR THE MOST PART) IN CAVE STORY MODS)

Mar 5, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Based Member
thomasco2013 said:
Should I import the edited sue sprite on the mimiga masked sprite, there both the same height, (after I edited them)?
Sounds like it would work.
thomasco2013 said:
Then how should I make it so that I can play as Misery (EDITED! EVERYTHING IS EDITED (FOR THE MOST PART) IN CAVE STORY MODS)
Assembly.

Quite a few of the things you seem to be wanting to do require assembly, but I would encourage you to have at least some finished work that doesn't use assembly so that you're familiar with the basics of modding, and will be able to figure out on your own what kinds of things can and can't be done without assembly.

Mar 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Thanks, I'm realeasing my mod in parts but for the future, I wanted to know. Anyway, plan is a different character each part.

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Ha, page 404.
Also, does "run script on death" work on gaudis? i remember reading in the schism thread xaser had trouble with that.

Mar 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Professional Whatever
No, because they don't play nice when they die. I'm not sure if you can even change their health.
It's the same with all types of Gaudi, except of course the eggs.

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:07 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I need some help with cutscenes. How do I create a scene that triggers when you walk into an event/entity? And then never triggers again after happening once? (Like the when you first see Curly at the Sand Zone)

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Professional Whatever
Horizontal/vertical (H/V) triggers are used to track player movement. Depending on whether the option 1 and/or option 2 entity flags are checked, the entity will execute its event number's script when you touch, align vertically with, or align horizontally with the entity.

Adding a flag number to an entity and giving it the entity flag "disappear when flag is set" will make it not show up the next time you reload the map if its flag number is set. You will have to <FL+ and <DNP with parameters corresponding to the entity data.

Tell me if anything is unclear to you.

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:35 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I got it, for the most part. For some reason it keeps repeating the dialogue though.

Edit: Never mind, got it!

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:36 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Please help, i finished cave story and i am pretty much ready to take up modding the game to my likings. Who knows, i might even make a story mod.... i'd like too. If there was any posts that had any help or tips, can someone please give me the links... thank you.

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:11 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you sir

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
that thread is linked in the thread I linked
it's like nobody reads anything ;_;

Mar 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
*Slow clap*

VERY WELL DONE

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:54 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just wondering.

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:01 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
O.K, but I still cant find anything on it.

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:10 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Mar 15, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
How do you set up BkWater? I looked in the core rooms tsc but i still can't figure it out.