Aug 19, 2011 at 12:27 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Really? I thought MS paint automatically changes the opened file to 24-bit when you save it as that.

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:10 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
LunarSoul said:
Really? I thought MS paint automatically changes the opened file to 24-bit when you save it as that.

It's made by Microsoft and therefore does not make the extra effort.

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:43 AM
"Huzzah!"
Quick question, can i have two boss tilesets in use at once? I want to have a cutscene where my Ballrog based entity and Igor based entity interact. What i've found is that they both take thier sprites from tileset one. I tried putting the other tileset on two, but Igor refuses to load it, and becomes balrog.

Aug 19, 2011 at 2:59 AM
Professional Whatever
linkruler said:
So, how do you change the look of your main character in cave editor?:p (I know I asked this before, but I never got an answer.)

Wait, wait, what's with all the constantly-answered questions? This could have easily been found through a quick search.

Also about your problem miles, I would try and hack igor to change his framerects and give you a special npc, but I don't have my computer nor know how to find framerects.

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:00 AM
LSD
"..."
Miles_Valentine said:
Quick question, can i have two boss tilesets in use at once? I want to have a cutscene where my Ballrog based entity and Igor based entity interact. What i've found is that they both take thier sprites from tileset one. I tried putting the other tileset on two, but Igor refuses to load it, and becomes balrog.

Tilesets wouldn't the right word.
Explain. I dun understand.

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:04 AM
"Huzzah!"
Pigaro, what i mean is the sprite sheets...The NPC pbms. I need Ravil.pbm and Bllg.pbm to both be able to be used for two seperate boss entities. Right now they both seem to be sampling from the first of the two selected NPC tilesets.

And Lunar. Yeah i've hacked Igor a few days ago...This will be the first time i've messed with frame rects if thsi is the only way.

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:08 AM
LSD
"..."
Miles_Valentine said:
Pigaro, what i mean is the sprite sheets...The NPC pbms. I need Ravil.pbm and Bllg.pbm to both be able to be used for two seperate boss entities. Right now they both seem to be sampling from the first of the two selected NPC tilesets.

And Lunar. Yeah i've hacked Igor a few days ago...This will be the first time i've messed with frame rects if thsi is the only way.

I guess you'd have to put Igor's sprites in Balrogs pbm or vice versa, then hack Igor's framerects to that page or vice versa. I have no clue how to do this though.
If Lunar just said that, *Facepalm*

________

No clue what V means. Sorry.

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:08 AM
Professional Whatever
Wait! I've got it. You've got to change igor's sprite sheet in npc table. Change it to tileset 2.
That will work. You just need to find igor's npc #.
And yes, I did say that.

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:11 AM
"Huzzah!"
Oh really? That does make sense. Thanks to both of you for your help! ^_^

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:15 AM
Professional Whatever
Anytime, my good friend, anytime.
Your progress is my progress.

Aug 19, 2011 at 4:34 PM
"Huzzah!"
How can you change the intro? I'm wanting to make a brand new story, but the intro needs to be changed to make sense of the story

Aug 19, 2011 at 4:38 PM
"Huzzah!"
The intro is a map. Under Game Settings you can set which map the Intro displays. You can also type in the coordinates and the event that happens when it is loaded.

All you need to do is prepare a map for the title screen and an event to go with it.

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:16 PM
LSD
"..."
linkruler said:
How can you change the intro? I'm wanting to make a brand new story, but the intro needs to be changed to make sense of the story

The map the has the intro in it is ~Map 72 [(u) Kings]~
You need a bit of experience with Animating NPCs to do it though. I can't help you with that, as I have no idea how to. I suggest using Cave Editor for future hacking, if you haven't already.
Hope this helps.

Oh another thing, can someone kind of explain Animating NPCs using TSC? Still a Newb myself.

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:47 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Pigaro said:
Oh another thing, can someone kind of explain Animating NPCs using TSC? Still a Newb myself.

You'll need to use the <ANP command. The file ANP.txt should help you a lot.

<ANPXXXX:YYYY:ZZZZ = Animates entity X with method Y and direction Z

So yeah, for the "methods" just look inside ANP.txt.

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:00 PM
LSD
"..."
Carrotlord said:
You'll need to use the <ANP command. The file ANP.txt should help you a lot.

<ANPXXXX:YYYY:ZZZZ = Animates entity X with method Y and direction Z

So yeah, for the "methods" just look inside ANP.txt.

Wow, that was really helpful. More so than I expected. Thanks :hoppy:
Does that go along with <BOA?

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:06 PM
Not anymore
Pigaro said:
Wow, that was really helpful. More so than I expected. Thanks :hoppy:
Does that go along with <BOA?

According to Runelancer, yes.

I'm pretty sure <BOA only works with big bosses, such as the Core.
If you want to start a fight with a minor boss (such as a boss fight with Kulala), use <BSL instead.

<BSLXXXX = Begins boss fight with NPC with entity number X. The NPC must have flag 0x200 set.

After that just <ANP the minor boss if you want to animate it in some special way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM
LSD
"..."
Carrotlord said:
According to Runelancer, yes.

I'm pretty sure <BOA only works with big bosses, such as the Core.
If you want to start a fight with a minor boss (such as a boss fight with Kulala), use <BSL instead.

<BSLXXXX = Begins boss fight with NPC with entity number X. The NPC must have flag 0x200 set.

After that just <ANP the minor boss if you want to animate it in some special way.

Oh, thanks man. :hoppy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Professional Whatever
Pigaro said:
[(u) Kings]
It's actually u(Kings). The "u" seems to stand for "Pixel Studio Presents", or whatever that is.

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:28 PM
LSD
"..."
LunarSoul said:
It's actually u(Kings). The "u" seems to stand for "Pixel Studio Presents", or whatever that is.

Oh, sorry.
Mistakes.

Aug 19, 2011 at 7:19 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
LunarSoul said:

Well then I guess it's the perfect time for me to ask: how the hell do I change 'Studio Pixel Presents.' When I changed the 'u' it showed me an error and wiped out my script.