Curly Brace's Story *FIRST DEMO*

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:42 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I really don't feel like arguing with an idiot, sorry but I'll wait for the creator to post.

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:52 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Jesus, so hostile.

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:17 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Hey look at that my mod thread has had its very first flame war.

Anyway I'm using the Polar Star because it's such a crappy gun and wont screw up the difficulty. My biggest concern after the story of the mod is difficulty. You'll probably suggest making a weapon myself but I haven't even tried that before so I don't have a clue on how yet.

Anyways.. haven't been working on it much at all lately.. (like since I released the last demo) I'm busy trying to find a job (damn this global economic crisis to hell) so that might disappoint some of the fans, namely Linknight but I will finish it eventually I promise.

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:21 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I was just suggesting it, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. And I know what you mean, I'm modding a different game and it's taking forever.

Mar 5, 2009 at 4:15 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Fire1052 said:
...Well it says that it was really beat up when you get it turned into the Spur, but Quote doesn't really have it very long. Maybe this could be when it's getting so beat up?
I think Quote simply got a lot of use out of it. In any case, if Curly has a Polar Star, that doesn't mean it's the exact same gun that Quote later gets. It just means it's the same model. It probably wouldn't be the same gun.

Sleepwalker said:
But the fact remains that Curly didn't actually have the polar star when you met her, she had the machine gun. And it would be a new idea as opposed to having the polar star AGAIN.
The point is that she recognized it, which means that it's possible that she may have owned a Polar Star in the past.

Fire1052 said:
What I'm saying is that that could be entirely unrelated, and she might end WITH THE MACHINE GUN, since the end of this mod is the start of Cave Story, she could start Cave Story with the machine gun. But I haven't finished it, so I don't know yet.
I thought this mod was starting before Cave Story, but then running parallel with Cave Story, so you'll get to see the Labyrinth from Curly's perspective for example, and after the fight with Ironhead you'd end up in the Plantation, probably with Quote showing up moments later.

I could be wrong though.

Mar 5, 2009 at 4:20 AM
No you're right. I'll give an obvious spoiler here, On the last chapter instead of fighting Frenzied Toroko as Quote, you'll be fighting Misery as Curly

Mar 5, 2009 at 4:24 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
I guess this is about the time where Curly is sent to the Labyrinth?

Mar 5, 2009 at 4:31 AM
Yeah. Don't want to say to much because I've already got the event written in my head probably going to have some unexpected parts.

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:31 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Sounds pretty epic, can't wait to see it! :eek:

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:51 PM
Banned
So the first cave... Is it just in a different area, or does that Greasemonkey fellow just blow it into oblivion with all of his explosives, making it collapse (mostly) and look like it does now?

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:08 PM
Hey that's a good idea.. we'll go with that.

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Banned
Lawl.
Also, the Sunken Ruins really needs a save point in the beginning... That or I didn't see it. But I really didn't think that first skelly-walker could get to me like it could. D:

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:43 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I agree, I don't remember if I already said that in an earlier post, but I agree.

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:45 PM
Banned
Durn it, I done it againsauce. D:

Mar 6, 2009 at 3:45 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
A bit late, but on the Machine Gun topic, I don't know if you've played the Wrath of Rewashedcattle but that mod shows that at level 3 it's possible to boost indefinitely by jumping off the momentum of your own bullets. Needless to say, this throws any form of platforming difficulty out the window and would completely muck up the challenge associated with many areas in this mod. The Polar Star might not be that interesting, but it's still one of the most well-balanced weapons, and I'll take balance over broken any day.
Also, spam everywhere roflol

Mar 6, 2009 at 3:49 AM
Banned
"Re-washed Cattle?" Lolt.
And yeah... But didn't everyone know that?

Mar 6, 2009 at 4:30 AM
Okay I've been meaning to put a save point in Sunken Ruins but I keep forgetting.

And @ DT: Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mar 6, 2009 at 7:36 AM
"Huzzah!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
I or that the gunsmith is originally from the surface and had blueprints or something for it.
That sounds actually believable too. I would like that idea if it was used.

Sleepwalker said:
I don't get what you're trying to say. I'm talking about in the original Cave Story she didn't have the Polar Star. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because you guys were saying how this is supposed to be based on Cave Story, and because I think the Polar Star is exceedingly boring.
A.) She recognized it, so she used, or at the bare minimum saw, one before.
B.) You dare insult the polar star in my lair? YOU MUST DIE!
Yo face yo face yo face yo face yo face...DIE!

Sleepwalker said:
Just because she recognizes a gun doesn't mean she owned it before.
Kinda does, because she had amnesia so she doesn't remember anything before the island. She didn't even seem surprised at seeing that gun. It was just natural. If it was repressed amnesia memories coming back she would be more surprised like "Why do I know that gun?" or something.

Kaeso said:
Anyways.. haven't been working on it much at all lately.. (like since I released the last demo) I'm busy trying to find a job (damn this global economic crisis to hell) so that might disappoint some of the fans, namely Linknight but I will finish it eventually I promise.
First, you have a life. Much like I do. I understand the situation since our economy is going to hell and many people in this world need a job.
Second, I'm not disappointed. I'd only be disappointed if you quit on it, and since I don't see that happening...
I say ONWARD WITH LIFE!

Sidenote: If I can wait 1 month for 3-4 episodes of an anime, which is only about an hours worth of satisfaction, I can do the same for this mod. Waiting is no issue as long as I know there would be a finished product.

Fire1052 said:
So the first cave... Is it just in a different area, or does that Greasemonkey fellow just blow it into oblivion with all of his explosives, making it collapse (mostly) and look like it does now?
I could see Malco doing it too. I mean the Greasemonkey didn't even have any more explosives, and Malco could make explosives.

Kaeso said:
I'll give an obvious spoiler here, On the last chapter instead of fighting Frenzied Toroko as Quote, you'll be fighting Misery as Curly

I jizzed tomatoes thinking about that fight...

DoubleThink said:
The Polar Star might not be that interesting, but it's still one of the most well-balanced weapons, and I'll take balance over broken any day.
Quoted for epic truth.

Kaeso said:
Okay I've been meaning to put a save point in Sunken Ruins but I keep forgetting.
Sure it's annoying to get past that spot. Yet you don't want to remove the challenge. It seems popular demand want a saver there though, but I honestly think it's better to not since it shows you need dedication and skill to get past that part. Besides, you only need to get past it once, then it's over.
In the words of courage wolf.
FALL DOWN SEVEN!
Get up eight...

Mar 6, 2009 at 7:22 PM
Okay
DoubleThink said:
The Polar Star might not be that interesting, but it's still one of the most well-balanced weapons, and I'll take balance over broken any day.
Agrees with DoubleThink and Linknight. Polar Star doesn't make killing enemies like eating cheese or a cookie. With the Polar Star, you will have to dodge while firing which is challenging and FUN.
Kaeso, your mod is cool but if there is a chance to get a job that keeps you from modding, then get it and leave modding it because no one here is profitable for you.