Curly Brace's Story *FIRST DEMO*

Mar 1, 2009 at 3:07 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
nawp, you have to find them yourself.
or just find all threads started by cookie, rune, shining and me.
that works as well.

Mar 1, 2009 at 4:42 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Thank you very much, and that's so awesome. Detail is love.

Mar 4, 2009 at 9:22 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Why not change the Polar Star to an Incomplete Minigun or something, the otherwise it just seems kinda lazy to me. later on you could complete it or maybe even throughout the game just add parts to it.

Mar 4, 2009 at 9:29 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
I would understand your point if this were a mod whose story is unrelated to Cave Story. However, it's apparently intended to run parallel to Cave Story, so it makes sense to include a Polar Star if you posit that it's a standard model.

Of course, that means either that the Gunsmith did not create it (and only intended to modify it), or that the gunsmith is originally from the surface and had blueprints or something for it.

...Actually, I like the latter idea...

Mar 4, 2009 at 9:45 PM
Banned
...Well it says that it was really beat up when you get it turned into the Spur, but Quote doesn't really have it very long. Maybe this could be when it's getting so beat up?

Mar 4, 2009 at 10:12 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
But the fact remains that Curly didn't actually have the polar star when you met her, she had the machine gun. And it would be a new idea as opposed to having the polar star AGAIN.

Mar 4, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Banned
Have you played all the way through to see if she gets it? I haven't, so I wouldn't know if you had or not. If you haven't though, you have no reasonable basis to present this as fact.

Mar 4, 2009 at 10:43 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Fire1052 said:
Have you played all the way through to see if she gets it? I haven't, so I wouldn't know if you had or not. If you haven't though, you have no reasonable basis to present this as fact.

I don't get what you're trying to say. I'm talking about in the original Cave Story she didn't have the Polar Star. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because you guys were saying how this is supposed to be based on Cave Story, and because I think the Polar Star is exceedingly boring.

Mar 4, 2009 at 10:45 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
It makes sense that she has the Polar Star, otherwise, in CS, how would she recognize it after Quote fights her? ("Oh, that Polar Star of yours is in awful shape! Do you want to trade it for my Machine Gun?")

Mar 4, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Banned
Sleepwalker said:
I don't get what you're trying to say. I'm talking about in the original Cave Story she didn't have the Polar Star. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because you guys were saying how this is supposed to be based on Cave Story, and because I think the Polar Star is exceedingly boring.

What I'm saying is that that could be entirely unrelated, and she might end WITH THE MACHINE GUN, since the end of this mod is the start of Cave Story, she could start Cave Story with the machine gun. But I haven't finished it, so I don't know yet.

Mar 4, 2009 at 10:52 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just because she recognizes a gun doesn't mean she owned it before. Who knows, maybe it's mass produced on the surface and she unconsciously recognized it and noticed that it was in bad shape. And who's to say that Curly isn't actually a mechanist and makes her own guns, and because of that notices that the Polar Star has seen better days? What if the Polar Star was covered in dirt and had cracks and junk all over it after that fight?

But anyways....

The point I'm trying to make is that just because it was in Cave Story doesn't mean it has to be in this mod.

Mar 4, 2009 at 10:55 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
But it is in this mod

[/DISCUSSION]

Mar 4, 2009 at 10:57 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It can be changed if the maker so desires it.

And I don't see why you guys are so violently against this idea.

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:02 PM
Banned
The most likely reason it looks beat-up was because it wasn't even completely built.

And yes, it does have to be in this mod. This was made to run like a sequel to Cave Story. Pixel never made one, so there aren't any actual facts either way. Why're you so against this?

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:05 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Like I said, I think that the Polar Star is boring and that using the gun that Curly actually HAS would be an alternative. The gun wouldn't be complete though, but I remember there being an engineer or something like that in the first cave. perhaps if you found certain parts lying around you could eventually complete the machine gun in time for the battle with Quote.

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:08 PM
Banned
This mod lasts over eight years before Quote wakes up. She would probably find more than one shitty little pistol over that time. I mean look, Quote got like six in a couple of days.

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Fire1052 said:
This mod lasts over eight years before Quote wakes up. She would probably find more than one shitty little pistol over that time. I mean look, Quote got like six in a couple of days.

But it doesn't HAVE to be that way.

At any rate, the creator can do what they want with the idea, it's not for you guys to decide.

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:29 PM
Banned
Nor is it for YOU to decide. Now please, PLEASE, shut the fuck up already.

And lol. You double-posted.

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:31 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Whats with the hostility? Get off your high horse.

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Banned
The hostility died at "Lol. You double-posted."
Apparently you can't seem to get that.

Oh yeah, and nice job making your first few posts a big argument you've lost.