Cave Story Wii Secrets

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:30 AM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Sorry if this has been posted before, i haven't been keeping up with this forum too much. :o
I need to get my grubby hands on a wii, as I haven't played this game yet... but has anyone found any little easter eggs in the wii version that weren't in the normal one? Nicalis hinted at this a bit.
So... post them here. If there's already a thread for this, go ahead and delete it lol.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:41 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Quote is actually the sky dragon.
Transformers, robots in disguise!

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:49 AM
/end
None I've found.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:52 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
The password in plantation is evaC yrotS (cave story backwards, duh) instead of Ligato Motscound, but is that really an Easter egg? I'm not sure. Plus the forth dog in jenka's house says "woof woof woof woof" instead of "Boooooop."

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:56 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
cultr1 said:
The password in plantation is evaC yrotS (cave story backwards, duh) instead of Ligato Motscound, but is that really an Easter egg? I'm not sure. Plus the forth dog in jenka's house says "woof woof woof woof" instead of "Boooooop."

I loved the randomness of the "Boooooop.". Was a bit sad to see it gone, but it wasn't a big deal.

I too did not find much, mostly just noticed translation differences. I was glad that they kept both chaco's lipstick and curly's underwear attainable.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:59 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
interesting thing about Jenka's dogs is that they indicate what position they are with their text :o

Like the 4th dog saying woof 4 times. I don't remember if that's normal about the original or not.

I haven't found any easter eggs to mention yet.

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:02 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I wonder if "Boooop" was an Aeon Genesis easter egg?
Although, I thought it couldn't actually be seen ingame...
And, I do believe they barked sequentially in the original.

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:08 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
That's one thing that really bugged me playing the game the second time.

There's nothing dramatically different

"Improved" music and graphics, an updated translation, faster FPS, and a bit more dialog with Curly Mode are the major changes, which doesn't equate to much. Here are some of the notable ones, mostly from Curly Mode (the first two are the only 'real' secrets):

Chako, as she's called now, doesn't care who's in her bed. You can still get her lipstick when in Curly Mode. (quite honestly, I still don't see the logic in the lipstick thing...)

You can find your panties as well in Curly Mode, though it's unknown how long they've been hiding in that building.

Mr. Traveler actually DOES talk in Curly Mode, if for only two lines (and hey, he's got a portrait!) Funny thing is that you can find his name before ever giving him the Ma Pignon.

The useless items STILL do absolutely nothing, which really irks me. Wonder if you can get the Beast Fang now...?

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:18 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Mar 24, 2010 at 4:28 AM
'Twas still the best part of the whole game...

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:58 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Does it really count as bi if it's with a robot?

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:00 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
holidays.png

Don't ask me how to get these to show up.. just found the sprites. I'd expect playing on specific holidays *hint hint* will do it, but I can't change the date on my Wii because it would mess with Animal Crossing.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:06 PM
"Huzzah!"
dqle said:
Mr. Traveler actually DOES talk in Curly Mode, if for only two lines (and hey, he's got a portrait!) Funny thing is that you can find his name before ever giving him the Ma Pignon.

What? I thought it was only silence.
I demand screen shot now :p
(If you actually post it, don't forget the spoiler tabs.)

Crysta said:

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

Beta Quote, nice easter egg.

I wonder if it's possible to find it In-Game.

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:32 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I think GIR might enjoy that :3

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:47 PM
Chainsawkitten said:
Does it really count as bi if it's with a robot?

Well, Quote's referred to as 'so well-made, it's almost impossible to tell he's not a human' so pretty much by default you'd think the same could be said of Curly. Sooo...

Also, nice find, Crysta. Is that all of them, or just all you've found yet?

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh.. its a full set of sprites, if that's what you mean.. they're on the same sheet as the sprites for the other Quote colors, normal Quote, and the Curly player sprites.

Not seen anything interesting past that yet though. I'm not a hacker or anything so I have to use more direct methods of getting at this stuff. I did already buy it, though.

Oh.. there are also classic versions of those sprites, so however they're activated they'd work with either new or old graphics. I just didn't want to post more than I did since I don't quite know how it would be recieved by the forum staff (since the thing was only released Monday and all).

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:10 PM
Does the computer still say "wife bore child MM-DD-YYYY" in the shack in the waterway? It only works if you don't have curly

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:21 PM
cultr1 said:
Does the computer still say "wife bore child MM-DD-YYYY" in the shack in the waterway? It only works if you don't have curly

Yeah... as Quote. And you probably mean in Curly mode.
I need to actually play Curly mode now, I've been documenting all the other modes in this FAQ I'm writing..

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:48 PM
"Huzzah!"
ragnaroq said:
Yeah... as Quote. And you probably mean in Curly mode.
I need to actually play Curly mode now, I've been documenting all the other modes in this FAQ I'm writing..

Oh please post a pic of Quote talking, I beg you! :3

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:15 PM
Veteran Member
cultr1 said:

I can answer that. I came across after losing Curly the first time on purpose. Some might already knew that. True message in this spoiler.

04.08.08 My child is born.