In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
; _ ;

Apr 11, 2010 at 7:54 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Speaking of this nifty data, there's a Midi called "credit wii" that I'm pretty sure doesn't play in game, but then again it's hard to tell because my personal Midi player sounds nothing like the Wii and of course I don't have the game handy to try and find it.

Sounds like a cool song though. Mostly an edit of "Plantation" by my guess.

In the event that it DOES play in the credits and I'm too stunned to notice, Toroko is still in there as midi and I'm almost certain you can't hear it in game. Really this time.

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:41 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Do you have any idea why the midis sound so radically different when interpreted with a typical coded than when interpreted with the wii's codec? For the most part, the songs sound vastly superior on the computer than they do played on the wii (exception: vivi, among a few others...). It's really odd.

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:44 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Well it's basically because of the soundfonts or whatever they're called. The wii version uses it's own and of course they're set to make a chiptone-like sound.

When you play them on a standard MIDI player it takes whatever happens to occupy the same number or slot I guess so you get sounds like strings or piano or what-have-you.

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:50 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah, I just saw you talking about the .wt and .pcm filetypes. Has anyone figured out how to get those to work properly on their computer yet?

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Been here way too long...
Looking through the .bmp files for Cave StoWii, I saw the Beast Fang, all HD'd up and in an items palette. Why do you think Nicalis carried it over? Just for kicks 'n giggles?

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Captain Fabulous said:
Looking through the .bmp files for Cave StoWii, I saw the Beast Fang, all HD'd up and in an items palette. Why do you think Nicalis carried it over? Just for kicks 'n giggles?

I'm guessing that's it, since the new translation for "GET BEAST FANG" event includes the line

"....How did you get the beast fang???"

And I'm pretty sure that's not part of the original translation.

Apr 12, 2010 at 6:04 PM
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Captain Fabulous said:

Well a few pages back we looked at the fact that a lot of characters that aren't even used are HD'ed, at least... the pixel count is doubled, but they weren't 'polished' in some cases.

I love that 'how'd you get the beast fang?' thing. I almost wonder if there's some wacky way to actually obtain it in this version, without hacking.

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:52 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Apr 19, 2010 at 8:38 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"