Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Nov 14, 2007 at 11:24 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Yes, it would be.

Nov 15, 2007 at 5:00 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Oh well Castlevania is becoming a bore right now so... What can i help you with right now? :D

Nov 28, 2007 at 8:45 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I have found one huge problem with this game despite it being my favorite variant of Cave Story. Difficulty getting from one place to another through ignorance of what to do. This feature absolutely kills good games. No exceptions, especially not here. I encountered this horrible trait within the Sand Zone, which I have not yet been able to escape. It’s frustrating and pointless. I see no reason for you to include something so irritating as to make it hard to get from one place to another. Difficulty is fine, hence Hell. Not being able to get from one place to another easily without grievously looking over a level several times over? It’s just not fun. Please fix this problem. How do I get out after getting the Jetpack? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This game needs a guide…

Nov 29, 2007 at 6:51 AM
Luls
Erm I think you just don't appreciate the challenge of this game. Thats the fun part about the game...

Nov 29, 2007 at 7:08 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Metalogz said:
Erm I think you just don't appreciate the challenge of this game. Thats the fun part about the game...

Re-read his post. He's not complaining about difficulty, he's complaining about a lack of direction in the game which I can completely understand, because I got stuck in the Sand Zone's puzzle for probably an hour or two.

Nov 29, 2007 at 9:48 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Kageryushin said:
I have found one huge problem with this game despite it being my favorite variant of Cave Story. Difficulty getting from one place to another through ignorance of what to do. This feature absolutely kills good games. No exceptions, especially not here. I encountered this horrible trait within the Sand Zone, which I have not yet been able to escape. It’s frustrating and pointless. I see no reason for you to include something so irritating as to make it hard to get from one place to another. Difficulty is fine, hence Hell. Not being able to get from one place to another easily without grievously looking over a level several times over? It’s just not fun. Please fix this problem. How do I get out after getting the Jetpack? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This game needs a guide…

if your talking about after you find the jetpack after going through the teleporter thats a problem i had as well, if i remember correctly, the place that was blocked by lasers is now not blocked. some games do have problems with these sorta things,

if anyones played prince of persia 2 (xbox,ps2,pc) its sometimes hard to figure out what part of the island to go next :S its sorta like that

Nov 29, 2007 at 1:41 PM
Hoxtilicious
This isn't a game this is a mod.
Calling it a game sounds like: "Shmitz made this game (it's a sperate game from Cave Story), Pixel did nothing."

Nov 29, 2007 at 8:30 PM
"Huzzah!"
I see nothing that even remotely suggests anything along the lines of "Pixel did nothing" in anybody's post. How strange. Am I blind? How am I typing this then? Aaah, my eyes! I can't feel my eyes! *poke* ...ow. Oh, There they are...

*ahem*

So, seriously, I don't mean to rant, but in all honesty, I am just a tiny bit bothered about the recent mass-attack of terminology corrections. Garde, I completely understand that "mod" and "game" are not synonymous (same with "programming," "hacking," "scripting," and the like), but I see no reason to correct people every time.

The way I see it, even though someone says "game" instead of "mod", there is nobody who won't understand what the speaker is saying anyway. As stated above, I doubt even Pixel himself would find it offensive to call such mod a "game" (don't quote me on that though), and the average population simply wouldn't notice.

As such, these corrections seem to come off as rather rude, even from my (an outsider's) point of view. I know you don't mean it as such, Garde, but the tone of the message is a little tough. Maybe a few :D smileys or something could lighten the tone, but that's a different topic altogether. :D

Sorry if I came off as being harsh myself here. I don't mean to backseat moderate here, and if you wish me to shut up about this, I will. Still, the next guy to point this out might not be as diplomatic about it. Silly things, yes, but some people might take things the wrong way...

Nov 29, 2007 at 8:43 PM
Hoxtilicious
Ahem, this is a little bit different :D
Calling a mod a game is something well...

Game ---> Mod
A mod only exist because it is build on the whole game and now if you call a mod a game it would like you're calling that the author made the game himself. :/

Actually I don't want to be rude or anything, members already corrected my grammar and so on too, so why I shouldn't correct them too?

Basicly I think this is a bit more important than the scripting and hacking issue, its just to prevent people getting confused or getting used to the wrong words :/

Well, you guys all think I'm unfriendly I guess? o.o
Just because you think to "see it in the posting", it's not that way, no offense or anything :D

Edit: A mod is something that is build on other peoples work, thats for sure everyone knows, but a game is a different thing, a game can be made by a single person.

Nov 30, 2007 at 8:53 AM
Slacker
S. P. Gardebiter said:
This isn't a game this is a mod.
Calling it a game sounds like: "Shmitz made this game (it's a sperate game from Cave Story), Pixel did nothing."

Did I confuse anyone in this thread by calling it a game?

If the answer is no, then this post correcting me is worthless.

Seriously, contribute to the thread rather than picking at someone's choice of words.

Nov 30, 2007 at 11:00 AM
Luls
Chaddykins said:
Did I confuse anyone in this thread by calling it a game?

If the answer is no, then this post correcting me is worthless.

Seriously, contribute to the thread rather than picking at someone's choice of words.

Eh... Yeah you did. ME

Nov 30, 2007 at 11:22 AM
Luls
Yeah seriously.

ANYWAY

--backfromtheomgishnessofofftopicnessthatnoonereallylikesatallD:--

Back to the topic.

Yeah well his tone of voice seemed to be like as if he was complaining about the difficulty so... Sorry if I misunderstood o.o

Dec 1, 2007 at 7:44 PM
Metalogz said:
Yeah seriously.

Forgive me for my lack of confidence in this comment. It just doesn't seem like anyone who was bothering to pay attention at all could make this mistake.

Yeah well his tone of voice seemed to be like as if he was complaining about the difficulty so... Sorry if I misunderstood o.o

Well, I was definitely complaining, but only about the lack of direction present, not the difficulty in itself. Believe you me, I was looking for something challenging, maybe along the difficulty lines of Hell II, after I beat some of the more challenging Mods. After beating Hell II, there wasn't really anything decent to play, hence this one poorly made Mod wherein the monsters shot down from the sky via lightning and merely swarmed you instead of presenting any valid challenge. Imagine my pleasant surprise when I found this little treasure. It seems as though I might have missed something in the Jetpack house, so I'll just have to check that place again...

Edit: Unfortunately, that was not the case. Help? Please?

Dec 1, 2007 at 9:00 PM
Hoxtilicious
Kageryushin said:
there wasn't really anything decent to play, hence this one poorly made Mod wherein the monsters shot down from the sky via lightning and merely swarmed you instead of presenting any valid challenge.

That was mine.

Dec 1, 2007 at 9:47 PM
S. P. Gardebiter said:
That was mine.

Oh... Uh... Sorry...?

This is awkward. 0_0

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:02 PM
Slacker
The jetpack allows you to finish the warp puzzle thing...like since you can get outta that one warp that is basically a dead end without the booster but unfortunately it's been so long since I've done it I can't remember what exactly makes it work right.

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:25 AM
Luls
Kageryushin said:
there wasn't really anything decent to play, hence this one poorly made Mod wherein the monsters shot down from the sky via lightning and merely swarmed you instead of presenting any valid challenge.

Thats what I don't like about you. You don't take into account how the maker feels and you just shoot your mouth off.

EEEeeee...