Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Sep 9, 2007 at 3:29 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Sharkenaa said:
I really messed around there... died a few times... didn't find anything...
Maybe I'll have to spend more time there.
By the way: I was able to get far of that Monster X corridor (on the first time i was in labyrinth) without X's help, with only Booster 0.8.
Just what I did on my first playthrough. BTW, in that Labyrinth B loop, you can use the map system to help you explore a bit. The map system is in that part of the loop where there is a save point and health restoere to the right, but you csn't get there coz of a wall. Tip: Use the bubbler to locate fake wallz

Sep 9, 2007 at 5:48 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I already got Map System, but I gave it to Malco... and I think (not sure) I've located some secret place in Labyrinth B:

Picture

I'm not sure is there something, but that place in red circle looks suspicious, Quotes head goes through some of that piece there.
When Critter in green circle is Gaudi, go to the top-right door for Dead End (I'm not sure about this one either).
Follow red arrow and go close to the left wall to see a room behind the wall (blue square).
Go close to the right wall by following yellow arrow and see another room behind right wall?

I thought that Map didn't even worked in Labyrinth... it didn't displayed anything when I tried to use it...

Sep 9, 2007 at 6:35 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Sharkenaa said:
I already got Map System, but I gave it to Malco... and I think (not sure) I've located some secret place in Labyrinth B:

Picture

I'm not sure is there something, but that place in red circle looks suspicious, Quotes head goes through some of that piece there.
When Critter in green circle is Gaudi, go to the top-right door for Dead End (I'm not sure about this one either).
Follow red arrow and go close to the left wall to see a room behind the wall (blue square).
Go close to the right wall by following yellow arrow and see another room behind right wall?

I thought that Map didn't even worked in Labyrinth... it didn't displayed anything when I tried to use it...
It works in labyrinth B.

Okay, get to the north-western part of labyrinth H using the loop area in B. Once there, head east till you see the divide that cuts off the other part of H. Go up till you see a door and a save. Save it and enter the door. You're back to B. Now, go STRAIGHT to the bottom most exit in Laby B and voila... you're there!

Sep 9, 2007 at 6:54 PM
Okay, I'll try it.
Thank you.

I tried and got the Critter Juice. Now I'm fighting Monster X.
Do I have to get to the end of that corridor with X, or fight it down?
I'm not sure because of this:

Monster X?

Does that really have to happen in that fight?! Kitty-vehicle goes into to pieces?!
Sometimes X opens those shutters and starts to fire those purple things, which is normal but, sometimes it won't stop firing. It just shoots those 'til I'm dead.
AND: Sometimes it won't open shutters at all, that would be easy to get end of that map, but impossible to destroy Monster X.
One more thing. It feels like those spots inside of X are indestructible, they aren't right?

I beated it, and it exploded, but then, I didn't know what to do.
So I decided to go check if it's returned to it's normal position.
Once I reached there, Labyrinth Fight track started again:

Pic

There was no Boss HP bar (red square), no Monster X and I couldn't get to nowhere but forward because of that red shield (green square).
That happened to me in one other mod too...

Sep 11, 2007 at 4:00 PM
Man, HOW long is that corridor?! Much longer than in original Cave Story!
I got to there where were moving blocks, died a few times in this one too.
I'll try to ride with it to first water place (is there anymore water than only in one place?) and beat it there, then continue - hopefully - safely.

Sep 17, 2007 at 9:31 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Veeeeeeeeeery nice game. quite creative. I wish I was good enough to get to the end without hacking though. :cool:

Oct 3, 2007 at 12:53 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Cant... find... chimney...

I beat Toroko, met up with Balrog, got the Machine gun, came back to Mimiga Village. Egg Corridor goes NOWHERE, and I cant figure out where to enter Chimney!!!!!! And where the heck do you get the fireball anyway...

Oct 3, 2007 at 3:21 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I got my save point all glitched up and can't play it anymore. And I really don't want to re-play the whole thing.
does anyone have a save point of when you just exit the labyrinth?

Oct 3, 2007 at 4:11 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
The main problem is I don't know where the mod ends >_> I've done a bunch.

Oct 3, 2007 at 5:23 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
The mod ends when
you reach Oblivion. This is because Oblivion isn't done yet.

Oct 4, 2007 at 11:22 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Umm. I've been playing this through, and after escaping the Labyrinth and then going through Genesis: Sky for the second time, I went to Genesis: Earth.

I can't get out! The terminal says "grrzzttzzrrtt" or something like that (did it say that before? I didn't check). I know there was another entrance from Sky, but I can't find it.

And the real killer is, I saved while I was in Earth (bad idea) and so I think my game is royally screwed. Is there a way to hack Profile.dat and put me back at Sky?

Or maybe someone could tell me where the Earth-->Sky door is (from Earth, of course). Either way, any help will be appreciated.

Oct 5, 2007 at 5:01 AM
Wait, how are you getting back into Sky after leaving the Labyrinth? It's been a while since I've played, but I don't really remember that....

Oct 5, 2007 at 9:53 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I forget how, but I believe it involved going through Spirit.

Or maybe I went through Spirit after Sky?

Well, in any case, I found a backup save that I evidently forgot about that's right before the Revolutionarium or whatever. I'll use that to get back to Mimiga Village and post the save here for all who got stuck in similar manners.

Oct 5, 2007 at 11:01 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay, here we are. Right out of the Labyrinth. 38HP, maxed Bubbler, Fireball and Missile Launcher (well, it's almost there). Got an Address Chip also. Sadly, I have no Life Pot (had to use it for the Gauridas or whatever they called themselves). The save is in the Mimiga Tower. Copy-and-paste ALL the data BETWEEN the brackets into Profile.dat, overwriting previous data. That means that the data should NOT include the brackets.

[Do041220 ‹Ü  & &  õ?    K K            q FLAG   € @ €¼ú_` àÿò èw ]

Oh, and be sure that you make a backup of Profile.dat in case that doesn't work.

Oct 6, 2007 at 5:25 AM
Doesn't work.

Oct 9, 2007 at 12:44 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Dude is this thread dead or what? This mod ROCKS but its just that i never get to see Balrog anywhere where i am supposed to (or i think i am supposed to xD) Please tell me where exactly do I get to meet him and where the first place i meet him be pleaseee ><

Edit: Ooooh didn't see the date of the last post there sorry :D

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:00 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
QuoteKicksAss said:
Cant... find... chimney...

I beat Toroko, met up with Balrog, got the Machine gun, came back to Mimiga Village. Egg Corridor goes NOWHERE, and I cant figure out where to enter Chimney!!!!!! And where the heck do you get the fireball anyway...

T.T Yer ignoring me.

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:11 AM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
QuoteKicksAss said:
T.T Yer ignoring me.
Egg Corridor in not completed yet and also I can't remember how to reach Chimney because I have played this great mod for a while ago .