Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Oct 10, 2007 at 2:00 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Err wtf? When do you first meet balrog? I don't find him anywhere!!! >< Help please! Also... wheres toroko...? >.>

@QUoteKicksAss: Also, the Chimney can be found in Mimiga Village... If i'm not wrong :rolleyes:

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:26 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hey, I was really liking this game, but when I was exploring Grasstown for the second time I accidentally fell into Genesis: Sky again. Then I found the sword on the far right, which I missed the first time and went into Genesis: Earth.

But it appears their is no way out of here, as they way to the Sand Zone doesn't work. Is there another way out or am I never going to play this game again?

EDIT: I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I just edited out some blocks that trapped you when you go back into the Labyrinth. Then I just put them back in. Simple.

So the creator might wanna think about perhaps preventing you from getting back into Genesis: Sky that way, or make it so there is a way out. Because if you go inside that building in the top right of grasstown, when you come out the floor breaks away. I was just exploring and didn't know the floor would break a second time. But at least I got the sword! :rolleyes:

But you really shouldn't have to edit your way out.

Oh and great game by the way, the only thing I have is that the bosses the maker clearly drew himself don't fit right with the other monsters. They could use some refining and such. Other than that, loving it so far.

Oct 13, 2007 at 7:44 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
if the chimney is behind Kenpachi's fireplace, I cant put the fire out... Also, I cant find the fireball.

Oct 14, 2007 at 12:38 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
QuoteKicksAss said:
if the chimney is behind Kenpachi's fireplace, I cant put the fire out... Also, I cant find the fireball.

I might be wrong, but I believe the Chimney is through Yamishite (sp?) Farm.

I think I've come to the end of the game now, since the Oblivion area just seems to be doors to random points in the modded gamed and in the normal game. I eagerly await the rest of this game, I did enjoy it very much.

Towards the end I noticed that you can continually pick up the address chip in Genesis: Water and that the boss Toroko can be fought again if you go back into Genesis: Spirit. There were probably some other things, but I forgot about them.

All in all, great game, just in need of tidying up in places.

Oct 14, 2007 at 6:53 AM
Luls
QuoteKicksAss said:

For your fireball, You find it from booster in Misery's Abode in Sand Zone... Talk to booster and Misery a number of times before leaving. Same to any other NPCs...

DUDE WHY ISN"T ANYONE ANSWERING MEEEEE!!! WHERE DO YOU FIND BALROGGGGGGG!!! :( :( :( :(

Oct 14, 2007 at 7:10 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Metalogz said:
For your fireball, You find it from booster in Misery's Abode in Sand Zone... Talk to booster and Misery a number of times before leaving. Same to any other NPCs...
Damn, man, I'm screwed. Left there ages ago.

Oct 14, 2007 at 7:16 AM
Luls
Where do you find balrog please tell meeeeee! Everyone seems to be bale to find him but I didn't even meet him even when I reached Oblivion and defeated the boss!

Oct 14, 2007 at 7:24 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Metalogz said:
Where do you find balrog please tell meeeeee! Everyone seems to be bale to find him but I didn't even meet him even when I reached Oblivion and defeated the boss!
Uh, you can't get to Oblivion before you meet Balrog, and there's no boss there. You're thinking of Genesis. And I'd tell you, but I can't remember. <_<;; But I THINK you have to go through the Graveyard.

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:08 PM
True Hitoare said:
Uh, you can't get to Oblivion before you meet Balrog, and there's no boss there. You're thinking of Genesis. And I'd tell you, but I can't remember. <_<;; But I THINK you have to go through the Graveyard.

After the boss battle with Toroko, which is through the graveyard area, you go through some talking and such and then you should end up in an area where Balrog is trapped in the sand at the bottom. You pull him out and smashes the wall down or something.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure you meet him after beating Toroko.

Oct 14, 2007 at 5:04 PM
Luls
WAit... graveyard? in mimiga vilalge? when Curly tells you how to get to the REsevoir and Egg Corridor? OHHHH I WENT STRAIGHT INTO THE RESERVOIR! I didn't even care about the grave yard oops.

Oct 14, 2007 at 11:25 PM
Metalogz said:
WAit... graveyard? in mimiga vilalge? when Curly tells you how to get to the REsevoir and Egg Corridor? OHHHH I WENT STRAIGHT INTO THE RESERVOIR! I didn't even care about the grave yard oops.

Don't worry too much man, I finished the Reservoir first too. You end up back at Grasstown eventually anyway. The graveyard is like an optional area it seems, nobody tells you to go there for any reason. But boy, it's worth going.

Oct 20, 2007 at 4:06 AM
Luls
Aww man... yet another mod that goes down the drain... Is this thread dead again...? O.o

Oct 31, 2007 at 7:05 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
This is by far my favorite Cave Story Mod. Pretty difficult in my opinion. Nothing is quite like Hell though, so I think I'll be able to get to the end of this eventually. I hope you finally finish this soon!

Oct 31, 2007 at 11:53 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Metalogz said:
Aww man... yet another mod that goes down the drain... Is this thread dead again...? O.o
Modding takes time, and not everybody always has that free. Go back and look at the gap between the first and second updates and see how long it took. Give the guy some time, a'ight?

Nov 1, 2007 at 4:26 AM
Luls
DoubleThink said:
Modding takes time, and not everybody always has that free. Go back and look at the gap between the first and second updates and see how long it took. Give the guy some time, a'ight?

Hehe I guess so... But its like... everyone flocks to this post and posts at least 2 times each day here and all of a sudden, no one posts for more than 5 days >.>

Oh well I really hope this doesn't go down =X

Its the greatest mod I've ever played.

Nov 1, 2007 at 1:14 PM
Metalogz said:
Hehe I guess so... But its like... everyone flocks to this post and posts at least 2 times each day here and all of a sudden, no one posts for more than 5 days >.>

Yeah, it's very good probably because it's the most complete I've seen.

The rest all look very snazzy with everything being edited, but the game is over after like 15 minutes of playing.

I guess that takes more effort than sticking to the original sprites and tilesets.

Nov 2, 2007 at 7:00 AM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Metalogz said:

Don't worry MetaLogz, Modding takes so much time to be done. Not just that, He should has at least more than an hour or more of non-fragmented time. People can think and do stuff more accurately, deeper and faster with non-fragmented time.
The problem is to have this non-fragmented time. It is much harder to find it if you got many stuff to do in your life. Even if he had this non-fragmented time, he usually will use it for something else. For Shmitz, I think he is quite busy. Shmitz made this mod in the holiday when people finish school (including colleges and universities). I still remember when he come back after a year!. He said that he completely forget about how to mod like before. But he got healed quickly :) . I think he will start to complete this mod in the holiday too when school finishes, so wait up there. His mod is the most popular "Cave Story material" after the original game itself. Japanese people knows about it very much.

@Bekefel, Hey you new person! welcome to the Mirai forums!.
I think you are right. creating and editing stuff like sprites and tilesets needs lots of work and time.

Nov 3, 2007 at 1:31 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Metalogz said:
have you played the mod original sin? that was genius to bad it wasn't finished

Nov 14, 2007 at 9:17 PM
By any chance, would
Oblivion: Erosion
be the point where I have nowhere else to go? :D