Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Dec 4, 2007 at 4:38 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's only his opinion, that doesn't mean other people also think like him.

Dec 4, 2007 at 11:46 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Finally! I've made it out of the Sand Zone! I have yet another small gripe; the Sand Zone is astonishingly lacking in a single key component: sand. Also, I think weapons should be a little bit more accessible throughout the game, but, besides these rather overlookable feature, everything is still amazing.

That was surprisingly epic! I actually thought I was going to have to go through Misery for a second. And then Destructator! Custom-sprite FTW, and quite a nice battle, nonetheless. Wasn't expecting the gigantic wave of miniature-sun enemies to overwhelm me from behind at the end. Fun indeed! My one problem with that boss battle was that the Boss's sprite was almost completely motionless at all times. I don't mean that the boss itself didn’t move around any, it did quite a bit of that, it's just that the sprite didn't have anything going on with it at any time, and it was lacking in detail. Though this may be difficult for you, I suggest making multiple sprites to show its actions during the battle. Maybe you could add a rotating part or some thrusters? Something to make its design less dull, after all, Monster X's sprite isn't completely still either.

Again, the Misery encounter was spectacular. I was quite astounded, if not overwhelmed by the sheer magnificence of the Mod at that point. A perfect sequel, though, I'd much rather say that it's a perfect way to bridge the gap between the original and a true sequel, kind of like a "1.5" game, so to speak. I myself would think that the Earth's governments would continue to be hostile to the Island in the second “true” game, probably major antagonists, even, in contrast to your view wherein they're quite benign.

Keep up the good work. I'm, frankly, amazed, and I'll continue to be.

Dec 5, 2007 at 1:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Ahem, this is a little bit different ;)
Calling a mod a game is something well...

Game ---> Mod
A mod only exist because it is build on the whole game and now if you call a mod a game it would like you're calling that the author made the game himself. :/

Actually I don't want to be rude or anything, members already corrected my grammar and so on too, so why I shouldn't correct them too?

Basicly I think this is a bit more important than the scripting and hacking issue, its just to prevent people getting confused or getting used to the wrong words :/

Well, you guys all think I'm unfriendly I guess? o.o
Just because you think to "see it in the posting", it's not that way, no offense or anything :D

Edit: A mod is something that is build on other peoples work, thats for sure everyone knows, but a game is a different thing, a game can be made by a single person.
A game can be made by a team of people which is the case with most commercial games these days.

Dec 5, 2007 at 1:31 AM
Hoxtilicious
Sure but I don't think he made it together with pixel ;P

Dec 5, 2007 at 6:52 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi there! New guy is speaking...

I have played this mod for a while now, but now I don't know what to do... :D
I have just beaten Genesis and I am back in Mimiga Village... (I have found Balrog)
I would really appreciate your help...

Also, is the creator of this mod alive anymore?... I have read this whole thread through and suddenly he has stopped answering to questions and stuff... Just wondering xD

Dec 6, 2007 at 4:08 AM
"Huzzah!"
Shmitz is unofficially on "extended vacation". Or at least, he's probably busy with other stuff and wishes he had a vacation. One of the two. :D

So, after Genesis is defeated, as far as I know this is the unofficial "end" of the mod. You can fly up the Chimney and reach Oblivion:Erosion but it's very much unfinished. Sorry for the "bad news" of sorts, there. It shall be finished one day... I hope. ;)

But anyhow, It's good to see new faces around, especially ones with interest in mods like this, hehe. Gotta love the Nightmare, man. :o

Enjoy your stay, and don't let the Gardes Bite (ehehehe)! :p

Dec 6, 2007 at 10:47 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Aww... Gotta wait for new version then :D
This is probably one of the best mods here.
Thanks for the information and all ;)

Dec 6, 2007 at 1:11 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Sigma said:
Aww... Gotta wait for new version then :o
This is probably one of the best mods here.
Thanks for the information and all :D
Welcome Sigma here.
Don't worry about this. I know Shmitz made this mod during "the last year holiday" which is big enough for anyone to make a project. Shmitz is one of them. He made it two of "the last year holiday". Meaning 2 years but not continuous. I think he will complete doing his project in "January 2008 till Feb 2008" or "May 2008 till June 2008". He will come back here too I know.
Cheers :D

Jan 4, 2008 at 10:59 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
It can't die.
Not so long as Pookie lives!
~Holds up decapitated teddy bear to screen~
Nope.
Pookie dead.
So I guess this died.

It's a great mod though.
Though the Snake (When out of ammo) kinda glitches...
Guess it wasn't supposed to me limited.

Jan 5, 2008 at 9:00 AM
Justin-chan
I'm stuck in Sand Zone... Can't find the Booster in order to get all the way up there.

Jan 5, 2008 at 9:38 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
jcys810 said:
I'm stuck in Sand Zone... Can't find the Booster in order to get all the way up there.

I completed the story where there was no ending of proper stuffing. lolol. It is not make senses

Jan 5, 2008 at 9:26 PM
jcys810 said:

You can "set" two of the Teleporters to go only to each other, and not to the third Teleporter. You set the location of the Teleporters by feeding the dogs. I've long forgotten their names, but, if you make it so that the first Teleporter you saw goes to the second one near that small, temporary rest stop and vice versa, the leftover Teleporter in the pit will go to the place where the Booster lies and also some clues about the story.

Now, set it so that the first one goes to the third one in the pit and go to the second one near the rest stop to truly advance the story.

Jan 6, 2008 at 3:38 PM
Pirate Member
Oh lol, I remember Sand Zone. 'Bout three hours of running in circles. But after reading some posts in 'ere, I finally got it.

Does the "lowest" dog teleport (when it's connected to nothing) you to the place where the booster's gonna be?

Jan 7, 2008 at 4:11 AM
WoodenRat said:
Oh lol, I remember Sand Zone. 'Bout three hours of running in circles. But after reading some posts in 'ere, I finally got it.

Does the "lowest" dog teleport (when it's connected to nothing) you to the place where the booster's gonna be?

No. It's only usable after you do what I told you.

Feb 16, 2008 at 6:11 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Kageryushin said:
You can "set" two of the Teleporters to go only to each other, and not to the third Teleporter. You set the location of the Teleporters by feeding the dogs. I've long forgotten their names, but, if you make it so that the first Teleporter you saw goes to the second one near that small, temporary rest stop and vice versa, the leftover Teleporter in the pit will go to the place where the Booster lies and also some clues about the story.

Now, set it so that the first one goes to the third one in the pit and go to the second one near the rest stop to truly advance the story.

Ok I got the part with the booster but I don't get the one on how to leave the place. Can someone explain it clearer.

Feb 16, 2008 at 7:22 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
after you get the booster from the sand zone what do you do and can somebody who has beat the game past the sand zone can make a walkthrough and post it all over the place :D :o :p :)

please i really need help

Feb 16, 2008 at 8:18 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
There are three teleporters. they connect to one another in a cycle.

1 -> 2 -> 3
1 <- 2 <- 3

Sometimes you can connect two to one another.

1 <> 2 -- 3

Where does the thrid one go, I wonder.?

Feb 16, 2008 at 11:51 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
after you get misery to move the sun stones how do you beat the missle launching boss

Feb 16, 2008 at 11:59 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Very Carefully.