Your favorite Pokemon game

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:09 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Are FireRed/LeafGreen seriously regarded as horrible? Those reviewers are scrubs, those games were perfect. The music remixes, other new content, everything.

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:12 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
My favorite was silver, because it was what I played as a kid. (I haven't gotten my hands on HG/SS yet) I've grown to like blue though, ever since I did a play through following this LP. (making some detours of my own of course)

http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Blue/

Fighting the elite four with pixelated glitchy monsters. Aww yeah!

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:24 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I liked the original Silver most, with Emerald in second and then Colosseum. Red comes in fourth only because of Missingno XD

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:45 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Emerald, hands down, as the first. HG/SS as the second, because of Pokewalker. Platinum as the third because it was the last game using the VS Seeker.

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:03 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Blue obviously has me for the nostalgia value, but I think I enjoyed Sapphire the most.
All great music, awesome sprited graphics without that new pseudo 3d effect, growing berries, zangoose, secret bases, and (IMO) some of the best pokemon designs.

I have so many great memories of that game, even more than gen 1 and 2, dare I say.

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:06 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Second gen had the best Pokemon design and I will fight you.
No, I don't mind what game you think is best. We can all agree that 4th gen had the worst Pokemon, hold hands, and go home happy.

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:20 AM
I only ever played one pokemon game (blue), but that was on my friends laptop and I only played for five hours and I couldn't find my glasses so I was slightly nauseated the whole time.

So

Blue!

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:22 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
"You know, I feel bad for this 2nd gen pokemon. It has no evolutions at all! And hey, this 1st gen pokemon..we already gave it a pre-evolution 2 generations ago, but let's give it another one!"

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:01 AM
I don't understand ......
D:

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:20 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hands down, diamond and pearl is what raped it all. Especially with darkrai, Which has dark void AND insane speed.
p135351-0-halolzdotcompokemonteamfortress24changivemeyourhat.jpg
p135351-1-halolzdotcompokemonteamfortress2soldierdawn.jpg
And It's also what ruined the anime and turned it into an 8-year-old's cartoon. (bro-fist if you watch the classic episodes still) But I will admit, black and white made the anime badass again. I mean, come on, it took a ZEKROM to stop pikachu from being stolen by the now badass team rocket.
diph.php
Oops, wrong picture. Here.
diph.php
1283440160211.jpg
My problem is, iris needs to die. cilan needs to smoke less weed, because he says "umm.... Uhh....." too often, and team plasma needs to stop copying peta.
p-0-tumblrlhsy3ilyxj1qd4zoeo1500.jpg

My thought on all of this:
p135351-6-90462184426.jpg

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:45 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Mine fav. Pokemon game is Leaf Green.

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:08 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Captain Fabulous said:
We can all agree that 4th gen had the worst Pokemon, hold hands, and go home happy.

Nope, Black and White took D/P/Plt crown this year.

I mean SERIOUSLY...! Here's Klink and his two evos:
p135353-0-599.png
p135353-1-600.png
p135353-2-601.png

And here's Digimon's Hagurumon and Solarmon:
p135353-3-hagurumonvg.gif
Solarmon.gif

TOTALLY NOT RECYCLED IDEAS! Derp... :critter:

Seriously, I used to like Pokémon the best when the monsters were based on real animals and myth creatures. Not just throwing random ideas on a blender and see what comes out!

Personally, Black and White had so little 'mons that I loved the design, that I wouldn't complete the main game with a full 6 party in my very first gameplay if I hadn't traded pokémons with someone else who finished it and gave me some second gen eggs and a Ditto :droll:

Exceptions made for Rufflet/Braviary, Zorua/Zoroark (although it looks a lot like a Kabuki-themed kitsune than a darkness fox) and my favorite Eletik/Galvantula. Yep, three 'mons only, on that gameplay mentioned above. Nothing else!

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:41 PM
Well first of all, having monsters based on gears is not exactly a new idea, and certainly not Digimon's. And you only gave one example. Are gears really stupider than a floating ball with magnets attatched to it? Are they really stupider than this monstrosity?

Let's take a look at some first-gen Pokemon.

Muk and Grimer: they are piles of sludge.
Voltorb and Electrode: they're red and white balls. That are electric for some reason.
Exeggcute: it's a bunch of fucking eggs. That hatch from an egg, no less.
Koffing and Weezing: your mileage may vary, but come on, what the fuck are those things?

And that's just the first generation that we all know and love. I'm not going to bother going through the other 343 Pokemon, but they just get sillier from there. Does any of this mean Gen V doesn't have silly-looking Pokemon? Of course not. But at least it doesn't have ridiculous, unnecessary evolutions of existing Pokemon.

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:32 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
And funny of it, I still think that Magnezone was a well-designed pokémon .~.;;

But anyway, when I say the best designed pokémons, anyway, I still think of a few others.

Namely:
p135355-0-tropius.png

p135355-1-nidoking.png

p135355-2-scytherscytherscizor25417620233300.jpg

p135355-3-zangoose.jpg

p135355-4-golduck.gif

p135355-5-kabutops.jpg

ALSO SAKURACON 2009
p135355-6-girugameshguy2.jpg

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:11 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Captain Fabulous said:
unnecessary evolutions of existing Pokemon.

Ryuuoutan said:
Porygon-Z is the best!

Porygon-Z is our picture!

Porygon-Z is our signature!

Porygon-Z rules!

Tee-hee!
yup.
Also you forgot to mention Mr. Mime and Jynx again, but I'll credit that to repressed memory.

there are only so many ideas to go around. There are like four different pokemons designed after cats (meowth/persian, skitty/delcatty, glameow/purrugly, purrloin/liepard). Generation 2 was the only one to not get cat pokemon. I guess what I'm saying is, when you run out of animals to copy you get stupid stuff like this thing
p135356-0-299nosepass.png

p135356-1-476probopass.png

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:28 PM
Magnezone looks fine, but it looks nothing like Magneton and it was pretty unnecessary in my opnion to give Magneton an evolution after three generations.

ANYWAY. The first two gens had that nice colour-coding in the towns. Generation I even had colours for names. I always thought that was cool.

And I don't really care what the Pokemon are like. You can't make a good game by designing 150 imaginary creatures, and you certainly can't ruin a good game by making them look dumb (although you can damn well try). There's a lot more to Pokemon than the monsters themselves; in fact, I would not give any shits if Game Freak didn't invent a single new one from now on. They could have still made a fun game series with the original 151, although they would have to try new things with every generation, something they don't seem to like doing.
You are going to be interrupted every 10 seconds by a Zubat or a Tentacool and you will like it, god damn you.

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:13 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Whcih is why I put Emerald as my first choice =3 The quarter end of the game is all sea-based, TENTACOOLS EVERYWHERE.

But there were a lot of extras worth going for. The Super Contest, the Battle Tents setting the mood for the Battle Park...

But my favorite part gotta be Route 113! Collectiong soot for flutes! A lot of Spindas and no Skarmory on sight! And the theme song!

......!
jcdragon-want.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Billy MT said:
Whcih is why I put Emerald as my first choice =3 The quarter end of the game is all sea-based, TENTACOOLS EVERYWHERE.
Fucking annoying.
But there were a lot of extras worth going for.
Billy MT said:
The Super Contest,
Fucking annoying and pointless.
Billy MT said:
the Battle Tents setting the mood for the Battle Park...
Didn't get that far, but if it was anything like the Battle Frontier from HeartGold and SoulSilver, fucking annoying and pointless.

Billy MT said:
Collectiong soot for flutes! A lot of Spindas and no Skarmory on sight!
Even more repetitive and boring than EV training. If I wasn't playing it on an emulator where I could speed the game up, I would never get any flutes. And what's wrong with Skarmories? They have "cool design," which is apparently super important to you.
Billy MT said:
And the theme song![/quotes]Is pretty good, yes.

Generation III was fun for me, but not for those reasons. It had the best exploration of any of the games.

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:48 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I meant how when you were looking for Skarmories, you wouldn't find one. It's an old game joke XD "ONLY WHEN SPEEDRUNNING THAT ROUTE!"

And then Bulbapedia posts that Skarmory have a 25% chance to appear... Nah, can't be that high XP 25% doesn't cover four hours on that route looking for a metal bird.

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:28 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Captain Fabulous said:
We can all agree that 4th gen had the worst Pokemon, hold hands, and go home happy.

I seriously hope you're not implying that an ice cream cone and a trash bag with a face (both with evos, mind you) are better than anything in DPP.