Your favorite Pokemon game

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
sixtyseconds said:
Emerald.
Code:
show_message(string(get_end_of_thread("Your favorite Pokemon game")))
[OK]
Why are you using game maker :[
For me I'd have to say RGB one of them

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:53 AM
Discord Group Moderator
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
[rant]I check it, XD is my fav. The thems of it is we mixed and balanced and actually tries to make a true RPG about it, with the boss as bosses and the grunts as common enemies. It seems nintendo sould start to go into this direction for pokemon, the ideas could be so much more if they set a small No of pokemon and start to flesh out the plot a bit and focus on a new style of gameplay instead of trying to catch as many pokemon as you can and challanging the Leage. It was fun being able to be able to get all the shadow pokemon if I chose too and rechallenge some of the trainers, some of which actully train and get stronger. This optional things in the game helped it out as well. The fact that your starter pokemon isn't as indespensible as it always is in the main game kind of makes you think about what should be on your team, not what you want. The double battle routine was great to [rant/]

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think I'll go for Emerald, that's the first one I bought, although I've been playing Pokémon since Red version.

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:42 AM
"Huzzah!"
Gold/Silver, for the jawdropping moment, after 'beating the game', when you realised there was a whole extra island to explore - the one from Pokemon R/B Yellow.

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
My favourite movie is lucario and the mystery of mew, followed by the first movie. (all my favourite movies must have mew in them!!!!)
My favourite video game is DEFFINATLY Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky, because it is sooooo sad ;( and really funny.
followed by PMD blue rescue team.

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:51 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Merged. These threads were even on the same page, there is no excuse for not seeing this.

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM
"Huzzah!"
Every GBC generation Pokemon game is usually faulty by now. You can replace the battery, of course.

That's what happens when you put the clock inside the game cart. It drains the battery. (In fact, I think that's why it NEEDS a battery.)

I just discovered Pokemon Liquid Crystal 3.1 It's a Ruby/Emerald romhack which ports Pokemon Crystal from GBC into the GBA engine. Still a bit rough around the edges, and I miss the mobile phone and radio, but still good fun. I play it on PSP under emulation.

Feb 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I like Pokémon Black and White (especially since I got what, all Pokémon except Tyrannitar and the Kanto region Pokémon?). And I actually beat the Elite Four with two Pikachu, one who knew Discharge, Frost Breath, Ice Beam and Volt Switch, and one who knew Flame Charge, Flamethrower and two Electric moves (of course, I used Action Replay codes so it's obvious that I cheated!). At the moment, though, I'm playing it from the start, having no problems with honourable playing. Of course, if, for some reason, I hate Pokémon, then I'm an idiot. Hang on...

*looks at desktop background*

I actually beat a battle in the Battle Subway in a weird way: My Glaceon had Frost Breath, Hail, Ice Beam and Ice Shard, and I don't know what Hilda's Vanilluxe knew (didn't take that screenshot - I forgot I could do that), and my foes had a Golurk and Glaceon. Said Glaceon beat a Regice, Cressilia, two Articuno and two Moltres, AND a Latios! And at level 25, he beat a level 67 Dratini. That's POWERFUL. But Frost Breath always deals a critical hit unless Lucky Chant is active...

May 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah mine is Fire Red/Original Red also my intro to the series. Love Kanto sooo much. dont really like Unova though...

May 11, 2012 at 8:59 PM
The original green, which I can't find a ROM for, so if anyone has one, it would be nice if they would help me out by posting a download link.

May 11, 2012 at 9:40 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Yes, I too enjoy asking people to blatantly violate rule 14 of the forums to get links to a game that's exactly the same as pokemon blue but in a language I cannot read. In fact, ALL of my favourite games are in foreign languages only because literacy is a terrible burden and I prefer to relate to a simpler time when I was three years old and couldn't yet read.

May 19, 2012 at 1:37 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
First post on these forums wah-hoo

Leaf Green was my favorite

Jul 1, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Banned
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
pokemon yellow. go pickachu!!!!!

Jul 1, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
I personally prefer Pokemon White (probably already said that in this thread, but whatever). It was the first Pokemon game to give me the feeling I was in a world with people, and sights to see. In most other Pokemon games I couldn't help but feel like towns were pit-stops and people were just money fountains, which made me rush through the game. After all, why would you stop when a game is designed like a conveyor belt from one town to another?

I took my time in Pokemon White, and I enjoyed every minute of it because it didn't take that path previous games took. Sure, the routes were still technically just paths from one town to the next, but when you got to a town it felt like you actually arrived at something important. I didn't just run for the PokeCenter and PokeMart before stopping at the gym, I marveled at the music, the people. the city that I had worked to get to. Moreover, I actually enjoyed walking down the routes, they weren't all the same like in older games. I kind of wandered down the path, seeing what kind of Pokemon I could find, actually wanting to fight trainers instead of dodging whichever ones I could, it felt like I was experiencing something for myself, a real story, instead of just playing an RPG designed to sell cards.

Yeah I know no one is going to read that, but I felt like it needed to be said, dammit. Who cares if the Pokemon were a little dumb, I played this game start to finish with a stupid grin on my face and it was worth all the dollars I paid for it.