WTF story demo v 0.504

Apr 5, 2009 at 9:57 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I know!
Japan is sweet! I went in year 7 for a school trip thing with some friends and it was so brilliant :D. But to stop myself from making this thread from going way off topic, I've finnally finished the third stage and it took me so long cause of that little thing where you can't open the gates if you open them and save. I loved the last part of it with the security system cause you used that really brilliant kirby music and the amount of enemies was psycho but in the end I managed to do it. If you wanna beat schism in terms of popularity, I think what made schism so brilliant was how xaser just completely reinvented the game in terms of the graphics. That's what I'm trying to do in my mod anyway but right now all the editing I'm doing is becoming too ambitious cause I started off just knowing how to edit graphics, maps and scripts and now I'm trying to learn a bit of assembly to make a new weapon. I'm not sure how that'll go but I'm pretty certain that sort of stuff can make a mod much better just by doing that. The cube gun was pretty nice cause it was as close as a brand new weapon as you can get without the use of assembly. I can't wait to see what else is coming in this mod!

Apr 5, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
In the maze bit of the first section of CH3, its possible to get semi-stuck in an area too deep to get out of even with booster 2.0 it is possible to get out by tapping x rather than holding it, but not all people might know that you can get higher that way.

Loved that final boss, by the way. Easily the most creative boss I have seen in a mod yet.

Apr 5, 2009 at 10:58 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Uncy Dave said:
I know!
But to stop myself from making this thread from going way off topic, I've finnally finished the third stage and it took me so long cause of that little thing where you can't open the gates if you open them and save.

If you read all of my last post, you should have seen that i uploaded a "fixed" version of v0.3, so that no1 should be having that problem now. Wow, I just slept 14 hours *yawns*.

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:57 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Oh i didn't noitce but I got past the first part of stage three in my second try anyway so it doesn't really matter but it's good you fixed it up

Apr 7, 2009 at 3:57 AM
Banned
GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I really dont like this mod now.

Apr 9, 2009 at 5:20 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just finished it, but I fear I'll ruin my keyboard if I try for the other two secrets. At first I was afraid it would be over after chapter 2 again, so it was really nice not having to go through the Tetris sequence again for nothing.

The only complaint I really have is about the first half of chapter 3. It provides some interesting challenges, but gets old quick, especially after dying and having to restart the repetitive grind through the pipe maze to unlock the four locks. I really enjoyed the rest of the chapter though. I enjoyed drowning for not paying attention to the order the switches in the water maze were arranged, and the difficulty and music at the furnace were appropriately intense.

Looking forward to the finished product!

Apr 9, 2009 at 5:31 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
hammerblade said:
The only complaint I really have is about the first half of chapter 3. It provides some interesting challenges, but gets old quick, especially after dying and having to restart the repetitive grind through the pipe maze to unlock the four locks.

Actually you can save after unlocking each lock, which can be a time saver (you can save, that is, if you dl-d the newer version of 0.3, it is notable since it has an actual "v" in it's name, you can dl now if you want to, while still using your old save). Also that area isn't that hard if you've found the first 2 secrets, those secret missions make quite a difference. Maybe i'll make the first 2 more obvious, but then it'd feel like I'm not letting the player work for it.

Apr 10, 2009 at 5:19 PM
"..."
Found bats, seemed really hard at first, but actually not so deadly. I'd suggest putting a wire where the invisible door is, not one that smokes, just the normal kind that normally does nothing.

Apr 11, 2009 at 4:54 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This is my favorite mod that I've played, and I've played about 5 so far. Good work.

May I suggest running the script through spell check? I feel that it detracts from the effort that you have obviously put into this game. I remember seeing a "seperately" or two.

:)

Apr 26, 2009 at 1:54 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Yeah, I've run into somewhat of a snag storyline wise, nothing major, but still needed.

The antagonist, nega-quote, needs a cool, relevant villain name. So far the best I've come up with is "Excerpt", but I'm still not sure if it does him justice. Does any1 have any ideas?

Apr 26, 2009 at 2:56 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Yeah, I've run into somewhat of a snag storyline wise, nothing major, but still needed.

The antagonist, nega-quote, needs a cool, relevant villain name. So far the best I've come up with is "Excerpt", but I'm still not sure if it does him justice. Does any1 have any ideas?

Whenever I don't know what to name someone I use this
Not many sound particularly evil but they sound like real names if that's what your looking for http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/gen-male-us-au.php
Good luck

Apr 26, 2009 at 7:02 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Etouq (Quote backwards)
Positron
Censor (The opposite of quoting someone is censoring them? m'eh)

I still think Excerpt is the best one mentioned so far though.

Apr 26, 2009 at 8:31 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
curly's ex-boyfriend

Apr 26, 2009 at 11:26 PM
graters gonna grate
Apr 27, 2009 at 3:06 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Tilde!
Or, uh...
Apostrophy!
And, uh...

She can be Square Brace!

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:06 AM
"..."
Don't get stuck on a name, keep going Gir.

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:15 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
From the looks of it, Excerpt is the best name we have for him so far.

Also...
quote-ruolin.jpg

My friend did a little sketch for me as a present (ty RS). I requested this because i need an idea of what quote might look like more HD, to make a statue of a certain some1 in a certain area >.> . I'll probably have a screeny tomorrow, once my other artist gets back to me in these regards.

Oh, and guess who's birthday it is? (april 27)

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:52 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Kawaii!
=^_^=

But, uh...
WTFork?

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:15 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
JacobX891 said:
Interrobang is awesome. Go for it.

Lol Interrobang is a verb, like what quote might do to curly if say curly was a captured spy.