Re: WTF story demo v 0.5

Epic win.

Oct 2, 2011 at 6:14 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

Alright, just finished this.

Chapters 1, 2, 3:
Not much to say, as they haven't changed much.

Chapter 4:
I kinda miss some of the sadistic hardness of this chapter. I would suggest having the spikes do 2 damage instead of 1 (IIRC, you had them be instant kills in the previous demo?). And I don't really like the thing where you teleport back on top of the train when you fall. I think the addition of the extra savepoint before the press bit is all the easification you need. THANK YOU for changing the System Matrix - it's now actually kinda entertaining :p. Since you now have colors to indicate right/wrong, you could maybe do away with the signs entirely. If you did that you might wanna make the difference between the "right" sound effect and the "wrong" one a bit more obvious (i.e. very clearly positive/negative sounds).

Chapter 5:
Gah, that was a cheap death :( I feel stupid. Now I have to go fight Interrobang with glitched lasers again :muscledoc:. Not much else to say about this chapter since I already alpha-tested it.

Chapter 6:
Huzzah foar karnavulz. Oh hey, I remember this org from way back when ;). These puzzles are great, not to mention the crazy ASM they must have involved. They also help restore the WTF aspect of the mod, which was somewhat fading in chapters 4 and 5. Though I think there may have been a sentence or two that you forgot to end with "-meow" :rolleyes:. In the maze puzzle, you might want to give a more clear indicator of where the goal is. Maybe just have the cat tell you it's in the upper-right corner. And, oooh, a roller coaster! I love roller coasters and... wait... that's not... do I hear... :momo: my God and I thought I was being bad by making that rickroll org a while ago :greydroll:. I was kinda disappointed that you didn't keep the old paradigm of having a separate "secret stage" where the RAM chip is hidden. The super cube gun is a cool concept, but I wish the range weren't quite so short. It's good to shorten it somewhat so it's not overpowered, but the way it is now makes the snowboss a real pain. And finally, judging by DT's comment about using the RPG on the snowboss, there must have been an ammo refill somewhere that I missed (either that or DT just didn't use the RPG on Interrobang, which would be odd).

Oct 2, 2011 at 6:27 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Wedge of Cheese said:
Chapter 6:
What do you mean, Chapter 6? Didn't you read the sign after you wake up?
Wedge of Cheese said:
Huzzah foar karnavulz. Oh hey, I remember this org from way back when :momo:. These puzzles are great, not to mention the crazy ASM they must have involved. They also help restore the WTF aspect of the mod, which was somewhat fading in chapters 4 and 5. Though I think there may have been a sentence or two that you forgot to end with "-meow" :muscledoc:. In the maze puzzle, you might want to give a more clear indicator of where the goal is. Maybe just have the cat tell you it's in the upper-right corner. And, oooh, a roller coaster! I love roller coasters and... wait... that's not... do I hear... :rolleyes: my God and I thought I was being bad by making that rickroll org a while ago :greydroll:. I was kinda disappointed that you didn't keep the old paradigm of having a separate "secret stage" where the RAM chip is hidden. The super cube gun is a cool concept, but I wish the range weren't quite so short. It's good to shorten it somewhat so it's not overpowered, but the way it is now makes the snowboss a real pain. And finally, judging by DT's comment about using the RPG on the snowboss, there must have been an ammo refill somewhere that I missed (either that or DT just didn't use the RPG on Interrobang, which would be odd).
The secret stage doesn't exist since, well, you're still in chapter 5 (and there was already a secret mission for that). The range of the super cube doesn't make it too useless, it just keeps it from being too OP'd. Snowboss is really really easy with that gun anyways. It also gives the spur a little more reason for existence now.

Also as for the comments of chapter 4 being possibly too easy, well that's because everyone is pansies.

Oct 5, 2011 at 3:29 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

Ok, I now feel my save is utterly ruined.

If missile launcher = RPG, then something went wrong.
1: I missed the RPG first time around.
2: Did not get my cube gun back after dream sequence (!!)
3: Got 6 tickets. To those of you having trouble on roller coaster, you MUST take the bottom path. It is the only way to win.
4: Got gun coupon
5: Took gun coupon to Mr. Frog
6: Got RPG (???)
7: Still no cube gun, snowboss will be a BITCH!
8: Feel like I didn't get the actual prize from the gun dude :/
9: After I give him gun coupon and get RPG, he keeps telling me to bring a gun coupon for something special.

Oct 9, 2011 at 1:06 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Re: WTF story demo v 0.501

0.501 Released. Changes:

-Carnival games are easier
-Both cube gun and spur are fully automatic
-Hud now uses smaller weapon icons
-Various bugs fixed
-Updated orgviewer now included

Also from now on the main host for the game will be Dropbox. You can check the first post for updated links.

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:27 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

Thank you for the update. My summary can be described in these two pictures:
p45308-0-nwkxs.png

Thank you.
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
-Various bugs fixed
p45308-1-5nliy.png

This happens to every minigame with a clock.
Currently, I am using Windows 7. I tried v0.5 on Windows XP, so I don't know if the same problem is in v0.5
Lastly,
p45308-2-iaq3h.png

Even when I press down (like all the others), it still won't warp me.
Anyway, it's a good, minor update. I love that OrgView has been updated. I can finally listen to Nyan Cat while I play anything! As a random side note, the turbo'd broken spur and cube gun causes less finger strain.

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:58 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

Forgot to apply a fix to the public executables that was applied to the development executable. Links have been updated.

Edit: Shit forgot about the carnival maze D: working on that right now.

EDITEDIT: Ok the links are all fixed.

Oct 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator

The autofire makes it broken-easy :c

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:01 PM

That little hump there breaks my spam-it-to-death-latererally strategy :awesomeface:

Oct 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

DoubleThink said:
The autofire makes it broken-easy :c

You weren't able to fire that fast? That's normally as fast as I can fire.

@seren: Yes, that's why that hump is there.

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:41 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

Bugs I have encountered in v0.501:

- Unknown cause: Rollercoaster car can sometimes abruptly fall through the tracks if it is in nosedive position and hits the center groove point, forcing you to lose the game. (Between climbing ramp and steep climbing ramp, [157.5 degree angle and 135 degree angle])

- One or more minigames with timer, if it hits 0, the lose event does not occur.

- Snowboss can push you through walls, making you be stuck with Curly at left or go directly to final "death" cutscene at right, skipping the bossfight. For example: Snowboss is at the left wall and you are at the right wall, and Snowboss jumps high towards you. I don't know if you are on ground or in air but when Snowboss lands, you're pushed through the wall.

- Did you fix that? The cutscene at beginning of chapter 5, portal gun could take you to the other side and ahh! You are meeting Blocky and B@lrog
in person! But they won't notice. Do something about the wall at right or reduce portal gun range.

- The portal gun can be used in your "dream" area (Fake Chapter 6)

Oct 10, 2011 at 4:11 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
You weren't able to fire that fast? That's normally as fast as I can fire.
I fire with my left ring finger, as would most other keyboard players I assume

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:33 AM

There was a portal gun in chapter 5? Another thing I missed :chin:

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:42 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

DoubleThink said:
I fire with my left ring finger, as would most other keyboard players I assume

I prefer the 'index finger spasm' technique whenever fast firing is required.

seren said:
There was a portal gun in chapter 5? Another thing I missed :(

You get it at the end of the current demo. The game will restart (by itself, do not close the window) and then you can save with a shiny new gun in the first area. This also existed in v0.4.

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:23 AM

Magic mirror house: nothing happens upon time expire.

Oct 15, 2011 at 6:41 PM
Melon Lord

Ya know I thought I knew every secret in your game, but you proved me wrong. I won't spoil it, but it has to do with the Bubbler 2.0 and a Gunsmith.

Oct 16, 2011 at 12:08 AM
Melon Lord

Also found a major bug.
diph.php

Dunno what's gonna happen after this, will tell ya soon.
Turns out after I move on, Curly is with me. Only thing is I avoided the cutscene.

Oct 16, 2011 at 12:16 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

JonSpider said:
Also found a major bug.
diph.php

Dunno what's gonna happen after this, will tell ya soon.

How did you get down there without seeing them talk?

Also I'm about to be finished uploading the newest version which fixes bugs with the minigames.

v0.502 released:
-Timer events should all now work properly
-Snowboss can no longer push you through walls you aren't supposed to go through

Oct 16, 2011 at 12:27 AM
Melon Lord

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
How did you get down there without seeing them talk?

Also I'm about to be finished uploading the newest version which fixes bugs with the minigames.

v0.502 released:
-Timer events should all now work properly
-Snowboss can no longer push you through walls you aren't supposed to go through

I literally just walked off the cliff where Curly is SUPPOSED to tell you to stop and listen to them talk. I noticed the fire wasn't there either, so maybe the script made a mistake or something? I left the area and like I said, Curly returned. When I went back to see if the two were still there, they weren't. Also how can I take my File from v0.501 to v0.502? Currently I'm trying to roll off some boulders. Then again I got to Chapter 5 in like....40minutes to an hour.

Oct 16, 2011 at 12:34 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

JonSpider said:
I literally just walked off the cliff where Curly is SUPPOSED to tell you to stop and listen to them talk. I noticed the fire wasn't there either, so maybe the script made a mistake or something? I left the area and like I said, Curly returned. When I went back to see if the two were still there, they weren't. Also how can I take my File from v0.501 to v0.502? Currently I'm trying to roll off some boulders. Then again I got to Chapter 5 in like....40minutes to an hour.

The fire should always be there, I don't know if i can reproduce the bug you are having.

And just copy your prof1.dat from that folder to the new folder.