Mar 12, 2015 at 2:35 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
TLincoln said:
What addresses do I have to change to make the Curly Boss deflect Super Missiles instead of normal Missiles?
Okay, so about this question, is it in the Missile AI or in the Curly Boss AI that causes the force field to activate when a missile hits Curly? I don't seem to find anything in the Curly Boss AI, and the Missile bullet AI is 8 lines longer than the Super Missile bullet AI, which could be a possible lead, but I don't really know. :koron:

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:41 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
What is the maximum map size (in x,y)?

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:45 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
65535 both ways

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:37 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Where do I change the <WAI period on the pre-title screen before it fades to the title screen? (the map u-Kings)

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:36 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Noxid said:
CPU Disasm
Address Hex dump Command Comments
0040F79D |> /817D F8 F4010 /cmp dword ptr [local.2],1F4
Thanks

now if this could only be put in the haxinator

Mar 27, 2015 at 4:00 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Could one change it so instead of having face portraits in the text box, use full-body portraits outside the text box, layered underneath (In a smilar fashion to Custom Robo Arena)?

Mar 27, 2015 at 4:31 AM
Professional Whatever
diph.php

Having it behind the message box isn't totally practical without the ability to edit alpha values since most of the sprite will be missing
I'll see if I can post code for the hack, if I forget then yell at me it's like midnight i have school

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:52 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Doors said:
diph.php

Having it behind the message box isn't totally practical without the ability to edit alpha values since most of the sprite will be missing
I'll see if I can post code for the hack, if I forget then yell at me it's like midnight i have school
Well, It doesn't have to be layered under, I just prefer it aesthetically, as it's what I'm more used to seeing. Besides, I'm not a picky person, I'll take what I can get.

Apr 3, 2015 at 11:42 PM
War criminal
So I noticed that the sprite for the carried puppy entity clips by one pixel at the top region and I don't seem to make it stop clipping by editing the display box or the hit box. Is there any way to fix that?

Apr 4, 2015 at 11:01 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
TLincoln said:
So I noticed that the sprite for the carried puppy entity clips by one pixel at the top region and I don't seem to make it stop clipping by editing the display box or the hit box. Is there any way to fix that?
I think in the vanilla game it has "ignore solid" checked on (That's in BL terms, so whatever its counterpart in CaveEditor as well).

Since it is supposed to be connected to Quote you don't need it to have any solid properties.

Apr 5, 2015 at 3:34 AM
War criminal
Okay, so I tried deselecting the "Ignore solid" option on it and whenever I hit the ceiling, the puppy floats off for a frame.
I fixed the Carried Puppy sprite clipping problem by changing the framerects in Olly (even though I could've made the extra space between the sprites smaller, now that I think of it).

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:57 AM
War criminal
I'm still new to NPC hacking, but I decided to make the blocks that the Frenzied Toroko Boss throws summon the red bats the Muscle Doctor boss uses instead of Flower Cubs (I used Olly to make this happen), and it mostly works, except the bats don't move at all and stay in place in the first frame. Is there a way to fix that?

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:38 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
debug cat doesn't do anything???

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:42 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
caveWUT? said:
I tried deleting it and even fully deleting cave story twice, But there are still a bunch of random quotes everywhere.
p202153-0-bandicam20150409113548430.jpg
It looks like you have a Quote sprite in the top-left 16x16 block of NpcSym. That square is not unused, that square is the sprite for npc 0. Change it back to black and npc0's should stop appearing as Quote.

That or somehow you messed up your npc table. Check your npc table and make sure that npc0's spritesheet is set to NpcSym.

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:27 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
BLink said:
*insert CS creepypasta here*
"one day i bought a bootleg version of a free game at a yard sale"