Aug 30, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Okay thank you fatih please step >>> this way for your obvious badge

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:48 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
MagicDoors said:
Second problem set an entity flag for toroko, the one that says "run script upon death" or whatever something like that. Then for event number #0501 put in the death sequence for toroko - the one from the original game would probably suffice although i guess you'd want to add to it for whatever happens next in the mod.
event 501 is a totally different one itself because it uses an item jump, and if you dont have the petals it'd only display "Toroko..." on the top. and besides, it seems confusing to me what you said because of what i mentioned before, because if you dont have them, itd say "Toroko..." then act as if you defeated the boss.
though i wonder, is the part about not exploding because she doesnt have an entity id? and if so then what should i put there?

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:07 AM
Professional Whatever
Kayya said:
event 501 is a totally different one itself because it uses an item jump, and if you dont have the petals it'd only display "Toroko..." on the top. and besides, it seems confusing to me what you said because of what i mentioned before, because if you dont have them, itd say "Toroko..." then act as if you defeated the boss.
though i wonder, is the part about not exploding because she doesnt have an entity id? and if so then what should i put there?
Alright no the entity ID is only to fool around with making the entity appear and disappear when you enter the map.
The part about not exploding is that you have to use run script upon death to bypass her regular death sequence. That's why you need to free up her event number's script. My suggestion would be to <FL+XXXX when the boss sequence begins (aka after you talk to toroko) and then put a <FLJXXXX:0502 at the beginning of #0501. That way when toroko is defeated it will run event 0502 and you can shove the death animation code in that event.

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:13 AM
MagicDoors said:
Alright no the entity ID is only to fool around with making the entity appear and disappear when you enter the map.
The part about not exploding is that you have to use run script upon death to bypass her regular death sequence. That's why you need to free up her event number's script. My suggestion would be to <FL+XXXX when the boss sequence begins (aka after you talk to toroko) and then put a <FLJXXXX:0502 at the beginning of #0501. That way when toroko is defeated it will run event 0502 and you can shove the death animation code in that event.
ah, it worked! thanks for helping me with this!

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:29 AM
Professional Whatever
Not a problem, always refreshing to see new users actually trying to make a good attempt at modding

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:41 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Guys, is it okay to use a hand made face image of the 2x res quote face picture on my mod?
I suck at drawing but I can replicate to a certain extent. I just wanna know if it's allowed to
use a 1x res hand made version of the 2x res Quote face picture. I talked it over a bit with x-calibar, he said it looked original enough.
But knowing him, he tried to make me do some shady things.

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
yeah nobody will care as long as you do it yourself

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
I was thinking to make a Cave story shooter of itself. About the bosses, can they ride on rails? And another question...

Please dont call me a noob. I beg you. But what am I gonna do?
ANYWAYS
So I dont get the grasp of how to use h/v triggers. Do they get activated across any point across the whole map or can you define where the lines end?

(God, I dunno how to be clearer)

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Fatih120 said:
I was thinking to make a Cave story shooter of itself. About the bosses, can they ride on rails? And another question...

Please dont call me a noob. I beg you. But what am I gonna do?
ANYWAYS
So I dont get the grasp of how to use h/v triggers. Do they get activated across any point across the whole map or can you define where the lines end?

(God, I dunno how to be clearer)
rails? i dont know, but they probably wouldnt be able to, unless you program that yourself.
and about the H/V triggers, if you just put one down, it will be horizontal, if you go into flag details and select option 1 + 2 it'll be vertical, and i dont think you can define where the lines end. (i dont know if the 'lines' go through solid blocks or not when selected to be horizontal, though)
i hope i helped!

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Professional Whatever
Using a tile assigned as tile 44 (i think that's the "no npc" tile) you can make a boundary for the h/v trigger. Although all non-playable entities will be unable to travel through it, so you'll have to be careful where you put them.

Also I think one of the option flags for h/v triggers affects whether or not touching it triggers it, and the other affects whether it's horizontal or vertical. I just can't remember which is which.

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Fatih120 said:
Enemies walk on rails

So do NPCs
...oh, those kinds of rails. i thought rails as in minecart rails, not bridges-that-npcs-can-walk-on rails.
well, crap. im sorry for not knowing/remembering. i probably thought minecart rails because you asked if bosses could 'ride' them.

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:45 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
nemesis_4000 said:
Alright, so I tried to learn assembly, then procrastinated for a few months, and next tried to learn it again. I understand how the commands work but I don't really understand how they turn into NPCs and the like. Can someone give me some comment heavy code or something?

Um... I thought that I might bring this up again because I never got an answer. And also because it's a few dozen pages back.

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:03 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"

Ok, so yeah...

CPU Disasm
Address Hex dump Command Comments
004253A9 |> \83C1 1E ADD ECX,1E
004253AC |. 51 PUSH ECX ; /Arg5
004253AD |. 68 5AF8AD00 PUSH 0ADF85A ; |Arg4 = 0ADF85A [TEXT COLOR CHANGE]
004253B2 |. 8D55 88 LEA EDX,[EBP-78] ; |
004253B5 |. 52 PUSH EDX ; |Arg3
004253B6 |. 6A 00 PUSH 0 ; |Arg2 = 0
004253B8 |. 6A 00 PUSH 0 ; |Arg1 = 0
004253BA |. E8 F17AFEFF CALL 0040CEB0 ; \WTF_Story.0040CEB0
004253BF |. 83C4 14 ADD ESP,14

DrawText
push (Size? <0D>)
Push Color <00FEFFFF>
Push String
Push Y
Push X
Call 40CEB0
Add ESP, 14

I change the text color value, and the text only changes for the pause menu and title screen.

where is the other value that changed the other (message box) text?

Example:
textproblems_zps73a00724.png

I NEED and answer ASAP because this is going to hold up Suu No Monogatari if I don't get an answer in the next 72 hours.

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Professional Whatever
assembly editor search function

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Professional Whatever
A search function
Included in an assembly editor

I assumed this would require no further explanation

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:23 AM
The TideWalker