May 2, 2013 at 5:22 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I'd like that, actually.

How would I send it to you? Is it possible to send it through an e-mail without having to pay for the package? Or will I need to put it on Mediafire somewhere?

May 2, 2013 at 5:40 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, Mediafire, Dropbox, whatever would work. I guess you could send me an email with the zipped file if you wanted (I'll PM you my email if you want to do that).

May 2, 2013 at 9:07 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
When do you think you'll have it figured out, MagicDoors?

May 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Professional Whatever
Sorry I forgot to get back to you on that.
Here are my notes:

- Map 94 (Snow) was corrupt and didn't show the background
- Copying map 93 to map 95 and renaming as (Snow2) fixed the issue
- Changing the name of (Snow) did not fix the issue
- Moving (Snow2) to slot 94 did not corrupt the map

- Remove read-only status was not checked
- Manual files and readme.txt are absolutely useless and a waste of space
Basically, copying another map over and deleting the corrupt map solves the issue. I tested it and it worked fine. I have no idea why the background didn't even show up in the editor though.
The two points at the end are common mistakes by early modders. The first can be fixed by going into "options" in Cave Editor and checking the box there.
The second can be fixed by deleting /manual, manual.html and readme.txt.

May 2, 2013 at 11:47 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
If I wanted to add red and a blue mimiga mask, how would I go about that? (to go along with the white one of course)

also, what is the difference between a .PXA, .PXE, and .PXM file?

May 3, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Checked the box in Options saying "Remove Read-Only Status from Files"
Deleted manual file, the readme, and the html program.

Saved.

Copied map 93 to 95 and renamed it Snow2. The background is still gone.
Went to Tiles, went to Tools, and changed the black (2 of each color) to pure black (transparent). I can see the background again.

I'll gladly fix it back again so that what is black, is black, and what is transparent, is transparent. Thanks, Doors.

Bombchu Link said:
If I wanted to add red and a blue mimiga mask, how would I go about that? (to go along with the white one of course)

also, what is the difference between a .PXA, .PXE, and .PXM file?
If you want color to the Mimiga mask, you may want to go to the MyChar file. If you followed Noxid's directions (on his modding tools guides) and turned it into a bitmap, you can go into the MyChar file and change the sprite how you see fit, as long as you save it as a 24-bit.

They are all based on tiles and their specific functions, that's how I understand it. Another may be able to tell you much more.

May 3, 2013 at 5:16 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
This weird assembely stuff is confuseing me.
Could I mabe, have the exact adress of where the sisters coordinates are set? I should be able to figure it out from there.
I apologize for being so stupid but, I haven't done much programming for a long time (I've mostly been procrastinating) so I'm not doing too well with it right now.
Thanks in advance.

May 3, 2013 at 5:19 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
May 3, 2013 at 5:23 AM
Professional Whatever
May 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Thanks, but umm, you forgot to apply the Aeon Genesis translation patch. . .

I'lll just send you my current .exe if that's fine with you. because I have already done some assembly to it.

MagicDoors said:
I'll make you one, give me a second.

E: probably not DDL

May 3, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Professional Whatever
Why would you possibly need the translation for the exe isn't everything that would possib-
Oh.
Okay I see the problem. I'll send you an english version after work (or you could like actually apply the hack yourself that would be good too)

May 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
I'm trying to punch in the coding, but olly won't except part of it. (I need to get better at assembly)

And I'm terrible with a hex editor, thanks for doing this for me.
MagicDoors said:
Why would you possibly need the translation for the exe isn't everything that would possib-
Oh.
Okay I see the problem. I'll send you an english version after work (or you could like actually apply the hack yourself that would be good too)

May 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I'm really doing badly with trying to learn assembly.
Can someone just give me a chart of what everything means and what pixel uses all the variables for?

Thanks in advance

May 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Professional Whatever
You just have to take the hex values and go into ollydbg. Click the hex editor at the bottom and search for the address that you need to change. Starting from that address, highlight a large amount of code. Right click it > edit > binary paste. Then save.
I'll do it for you this time but please try yourself next time; if you're planning to use hacks for your mod you'll likely need to apply them on your own.

nemesis_4000 said:
I'm really doing badly with trying to learn assembly.
Can someone just give me a chart of what everything means and what pixel uses all the variables for?

Thanks in advance
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/2046/

Also it's really confusing when you guys put your quotes under the text that is directed at them. Common practice has the text that is related to the quote beneath the quote, like I just did.

May 4, 2013 at 3:04 AM
I just realized that changing the numbers in lines of the sisters code that look like the ones for moovment in the NPC section of the assembley compendiom was not the best approach at getting the results I want.could someone please, Please, PLEASE show me the lines that I need to mess around with. If you decide to help me then I am sorry for wasting your time and also forever indebted to you.
The things That I need to change are the cords of the sisters before and after the boss fight begins. I know that this is a ridiculous request, but I really suck at programming right now because I haven't done any real programming in over a year.

I'm sorry for makeing such a stupid request and, thanks to anyone who helps.

May 4, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Professional Whatever
As I said before, you can't rely on everyone else for hacking the game. If you want to figure this stuff out then at least read up on assembly before you start (carrotlord's guide is great by the way). Also start small. For the love of god start small.

And sorry here's the <MIM hack https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6p7lwdcbtbrl5u/Doukutsu.exe

May 4, 2013 at 3:47 AM
All right. I've managed to set up my maps for 3/4 of my mod additions. I just need to program entities besides enemies. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can put any sort of entity enemy in the level and it'll work correctly, right? Because I'm only using Night Spirits, purple Critters, and black bats. That pulls enemies from the Labyrinth, Grasstown, and Outer Wall areas. Let me know right now if I'll run into a problem.

I'm going to leave out asking about custom-made boss battles because my ideas will most likely combine the movement styles of Ballos's first form and Ma Pignon. I also have to make the boss stage and such.

I have a big question concerning scripts. I understand that I can't just use any number that I want. Could I get just a generalization of what numbers are safe and what numbers are dangerous? So far, all I can assume is that 0001-0100 and 1000-1500 is bad, as well as 0X00-0X30, X being any number between 1 and 9. Am I missing anything here?

May 4, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Professional Whatever
You won't be able to; you need the relevant NPC sheet applied to the map. You can only have one or two, depending on the sheet.

Yeah it's fun don't worry about it

Wow those are some arbitrary numbers I have never heard of that. The only unsafe numbers are 0000 - 0089. 0090-0094 are used for fading into the map. Anything after that is perfectly fine.

May 4, 2013 at 4:52 AM
MagicDoors said:
As I said before, you can't rely on everyone else for hacking the game. If you want to figure this stuff out then at least read up on assembly before you start (carrotlord's guide is great by the way). Also start small. For the love of god start small.
I am not going to rely too much on other people, I simply thought that it whould be a bit ridiculous to spend a week or two learning assembly just to change the cords of a boss.
I had no perticular plans to start with something big, despite that I probably could with all of my previous programing experience.