Feb 5, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well that clears things up.

Uncheck the read-only status on the folder, not the exe.
In case you didn't know, the game's maps and TSC scripts are saved separately from the exe.

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Still not working, I even tested it on some other folders that had nothing to do with Cave Story (Touhou 6 and my Pictures folder) and it wouldn't un-check read only. :/

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Maybe you don't have administrator access or something silly.
Anyway, it's definitely not a problem with CE, it's a problem with your file system settings / user priviledges.

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Was already administrator and have not made any new settings to that in the past year.
Although that narrows it down...a little. I'll try finding someone else with the same problem on Google or something.
|| Didn't work but I found a fix that might work, i'm currently testing it.
|| EDIT: I found that I already had full access as administrator to my computer. I also found that its not the problem with the read only
v box being un-checkable, its that the entire Properties tab is not saving at all. Guess I gotta keep searching...

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm pressing Apply then OK, or just OK. I don't know if this is normal but, when i press OK, the properties screen freezes for about 3 seconds then closes. It also doesn't show any files changing, saving or anything. Should I uh...post a video of what happens or something?

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Are you not an administrator on your own computer? That could be the problem. Otherwise, I'm not entirely sure.

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Professional Whatever
Starman said:
Was already administrator and have not made any new settings to that in the past year.

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Then he needs to be the "form of super admin" that Windows doesn't allow you to become unless you hack the registry keys. That's not going to be very fun.

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:42 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I need to make a bigger mychar sprite. I know how to edit framerects, but I don't know where they are. Can someone help?

I'm a noob to ASM.

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:03 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ok, i found the solution to the problem. Turns out my computer just needed to update. Thanks for the help anyways. Although it still has read only checked, it's working fine.

Now that i finished that mess, i would like to know if its possible to have Curly (when she fights beside you) fight another Curly (boss) while you dodge the attacks and wait until Curly1 kills Curly2. I heard that she only can damage enemies with certain IDs, if thats so, i want to know if or how its possible.

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Is there anyway to change the sound effects in Cave Story? I checked the .exe with Resource Hacker but couldn't find anything.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Professional Whatever
You should try using SeaTone to import the sounds you want. It's best to export the vanilla sounds, replace the sound files you don't need with your new ones, and then import them into the game.
SeaTone itself explains this process better.

Note that Cave Story's sound files are in a weird format, so you can't use .wavs or anything. I think the file format is .pxtone (please tell me if I'm mistaken)

As for your question, Anuken, I'm looking through the code but I can't seem to find what you're looking for. If I find it I'll get back to you but don't expect anything from me :x

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
You should try using SeaTone to import the sounds you want.
Where can I get SeaTone? I've googled it and all that comes up is medicine called SeaTone.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Professional Whatever
So I've been wondering, how do you change the font/add new fonts into Cave Story? I know a couple of mods do it.
Not vitally important, I'm just kinda curious.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:08 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It's just a string in config.dat
you can manually change it and hope nobody uses DoConfig, or modify DoConfig to give it more options.

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:09 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm having yet, another problem ._.
When I use Cave Editor to change the data of a gun, it does not change in game.
When i exit out of Cave Editor and reopen it, the changed data reverts back to its original state (Ex: Blade range of 1 returns to 30).
Anyone have a solution?

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Professional Whatever
Same problem as before (read-only shit)

You should really figure out why your computer doesn't like saving folder properties.