Nov 15, 2011 at 1:33 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Noxid said:
This thread here is the preferred place to ask any sort of general modding questions you may have. This keeps them all in one place and the number of redundant threads down. If you want to make a development thread to talk about ideas for your mod, you may do so here but those aren't really for asking technical questions.

Anyway I'm going to write a script now off the top of my head and it's going to be full of errors most likely

<entity 200 would be the chest(closed) sprite>
<it needs flag 0x2000 to run its event when the player interacts with it>
<KEY<FLJ0100:0001<FL+0100<FMU<CNP0200:0021:0000<MSGYou open the chest.<NOD<CMU0016<CLR
<GIT0002<AM+0002:0000You obtained the =Polar Star=!<WAI0163<NOD<RMU
<GIT0000<CLRIt's a pretty sweet gun.<NOD<END

Additionally the chest entity should have the "Disappear when flagID set" flag checked, and have its flag ID set to the value FL+'d in the script (0100 in this case). Above the chest entity should be an entity 0021 (chest closed) with the "Appear when flagID set" and "Option 2" and "Run script when PC press down" flags one square above the closed chest, with the same flagID as the chest and event #0001 (the global empty event)

For the rest of the commands I don't know, they should be pretty self-explainatory if you just read the description in CE but then again I'm not the one asking the question so idunno.

Thanks a lot, Nox! <3
But hey, I have a problem now.
I tried making a door, and I used this script :
<KEY<SOU0011<MSGIt's locked.<NOD

Then I put these settings on to the door :
Screenshot-2011-11-14.png

But I end up with this when I press down :
BEST-SCHEDULE-EVER.PNG

What seems to be the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 15, 2011 at 1:44 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You are missing <END after <NOD

Every event needs an <END
Even if it doesn't need one it doesn't hurt to put one there.

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:53 AM
Oh...
...Wow, how could I overlook that? >___>

Anyway, looks like until now, it's running smoothly. Learned how to change songs, bgs, etc.
How do I put a Yes/No script?
I'm looking for :
"Travel to the past? (Y/N)"
No going back to normal, just ending, and yes by doing the fade-out and tra, but I don't know the layout for YNJ >:

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:58 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
<YNJ{event number if you select no}<SCRIPT FOR SAYING YES

Nov 15, 2011 at 2:02 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
You.. *are* using Cave Editor right?
from the command description:
Command: Yes/No Jump
<YNJXXXX

Description:
Ask question, jump to event X if no

So basically if you put <YNJ it brings up the dialogue. If the player selects YES the script continues. If they select no, it goes to the event.

Nov 15, 2011 at 2:05 AM
Thanks Mr. CJ! ;w;

I'll keep editing this post if I have any more trouble, so I don't fill the thread with "Thank you, derpy derp e u e;".
...for now thank you lol

[EDIT1]
Yes, I am using Cave Editor. Sorry if I sound... like a dumb girl, but it's my first time using scripts, and I easily overlook things (like <END, and the YNJ description º ^º).
I want to make Quote appear in his dead/laying-down sprite along with a small explosion, but I don't have any idea on how to put the sprite there, or the explosion.
I do know how to do the fade-in now, the messages, and the name of the place appearing.
Help? >u>
And if I'm nagging you too much about this, what should I do in the forums? ;A;

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:39 AM
Professional Whatever
How about you send me some visitor messages if you have TSC questions like that? I'll help you out and clear out the hack/mod answers thread.
Also you should search for DragonBoots' modding guide for Cave Editor basics. I don't have a link cause I'm on a blackberry, sorry.

There is a certain NPC in the entity list that has Quote (just plain Quote), then you need to <HMC to hide the player, <CNP to change an entity to the "Quote" entity, and then <ANP to animate the Quote entity. For CNP and ANP, XXXX is equal to the event # of the entity, ZZZZ is the direction. For CNP YYYY is the NPC you are changing the entity to, and for ANP YYYY is the animation you are using. I have an ANP reference, I might have it on my blackberry, gimme a second.

EDIT: Wow, I'm actually being resourceful.

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:44 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
MagicDoors said:
How about you send me some visitor messages if you have TSC questions like that? I'll help you out and clear out the hack/mod answers thread.

Oh right, because questions like this are totally not what this thread is for at all and there are no other users equally or more qualified to answer them

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:47 AM
Professional Whatever
Yeah, but we've only seen these questions like a million times, I just want to help. Hush, nox, I'm being resourceful.

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:49 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
MagicDoors said:
Yeah, but we've only seen these questions like a million times, I just want to help.

The whole reason this thread exists. Best place to help is here, really.

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:53 AM
Professional Whatever
Good point.
Alrighty then. Could anyone tell me how one would check if the up or down arrow keys are pressed? I'm trying to mess with the title screen a bit, I want to change the up and down arrow key presses to left and right ones, but I don't need to know where it's done because I'm BEING INDEPENDENT. RELATIVELY.

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:54 AM
Um um >u>
I think the point MD is trying to make is that I'm filling up the thread with A LOT of questions (that have already been answered(?)), and that your point is that this thread is for this.
...what do I do ;A;

Nov 15, 2011 at 4:02 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
MagicDoors said:
Good point.
Alrighty then. Could anyone tell me how one would check if the up or down arrow keys are pressed? I'm trying to mess with the title screen a bit, I want to change the up and down arrow key presses to left and right ones, but I don't need to know where it's done because I'm BEING INDEPENDENT. RELATIVELY.
Code:
anding by the key_held or key_pressed offsets....:
0x000001 Left Arrow
0x000002 Right Arrow
0x000004 Up Arrow
0x000008 Down Arrow
0x000010 Show Mini-Map
0x000020 Shoot
0x000040 Jump
0x000080 Next Weapon
0x000100 Previous Weapon
0x000200 Shift
0x000400 F1
0x000800 F2
0x001000 Status/Menu Screen
0x008000 Escape
0x010000 "," Comma
0x020000 "." Period
0x040000 "?" Question Mark
0x080000 "L" The Letter L
0x100000 "=" Equal

0049E210 Key_Held See Key Table.
0049E214 Key_Pressed See Key Table.

MOV EAX, [49E210]
AND EAX, 4
JZ :KeyNotHeld
:KeyHeld
...code...
JMP :EndKeyCheck
:KeyNotHeld
...code...
:EndKeyCheck

RageTH said:
Um um >u>
I think the point MD is trying to make is that I'm filling up the thread with A LOT of questions (that have already been answered(?)), and that your point is that this thread is for this.
...what do I do ;A;

Ask your questions. T'is no bother at all.

Nov 15, 2011 at 4:07 AM
Professional Whatever
Noxid said:
Code:
Snip
Thanks much, I understand now.
Noxid said:
Ask your questions. T'is no bother at all.
Yerrh, um, ignore my rambling.
We can still be friends though.

Nov 15, 2011 at 4:08 AM
Well, once again...
Remember the scene where Quote explodes the door where Kazuma is staying?
I wanna recreate something like that, except without the door, and Quote lying down, and then waiting a few seconds and returning to normal. Because according from what I see in movies, time-travelling makes you have nausea (?) and stuff ;w;
[EDIT] I think I got the quote lying down thing.
But what do I put in Z(Direction) ?

Nov 15, 2011 at 5:30 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Direction is usually 0000 for left and 0002 for right. There are some special cases outside of that but only for very specific circumstances.

If you want the smoke effect you'll probably want to <SNP0004:XXXX:YYYY:0000 (or something like that) a number of times, and for a bang use the <SOU command to play a sound effect. I don't have a list of them handy unfortunately, maybe someone else does. You should be able to at least look at the original Door Exploding script and see what <SOU is used there.

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:33 AM
Noxid said:
Direction is usually 0000 for left and 0002 for right. There are some special cases outside of that but only for very specific circumstances.

If you want the smoke effect you'll probably want to <SNP0004:XXXX:YYYY:0000 (or something like that) a number of times, and for a bang use the <SOU command to play a sound effect. I don't have a list of them handy unfortunately, maybe someone else does. You should be able to at least look at the original Door Exploding script and see what <SOU is used there.

I believe that the sound of the "door exploding" is 0044.
Found it here : http://lotlot.net/misc/doukutsu/tsc.txt

[EDIT] Is it possible to put TWO comrades like when Curly followed you with her Machine Gun/Polar Star (depending if you stayed with PS or not) in the Labyrinth?
That would be absolutely perfect for my storyline ;w;

Nov 15, 2011 at 8:00 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
In fact, while we're on that note, how does the curly AI work? I've been trying to make her function in an arbitrary map, to no avail.

Nov 15, 2011 at 4:07 PM
I used this script :
<MNA<FAI0002<ANP0150:0010:0002<SOU0044<WAI0060
<CMU0008<END

I haven't put the "explosion/smoke" thing yet, but quote seems to be just standing there instead of appearing while lying down.
What's the problem here? ;A;

Nov 15, 2011 at 4:36 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
gabbalis said:
In fact, while we're on that note, how does the curly AI work? I've been trying to make her function in an arbitrary map, to no avail.

She only fires at the labyrinth enemies and the core. The labyrinth enemies and the core have a special piece of code that broadcasts a signal to the Curly AI, so that the Curly AI knows to shoot at them.

It should be possible to have 2 Curly helpers, but they would only shoot at the Labyrinth enemies and the Core.

RageTH said:
I haven't put the "explosion/smoke" thing yet, but quote seems to be just standing there instead of appearing while lying down.
What's the problem here? ;A;

The problem is your <ANP. The first number refers to the entity's event number, so you should set the Quote entity on the map to have event 900 and then use <ANP0900, not 150.