Nov 8, 2011 at 7:36 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Thanks, displayBound[2] and DisplayBound[3] are exactly the ones I was wondering about.

Edit: You sure about displayBound[0] and DisplayBound[1]? Subraction doesn't appear right o:

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Professional Whatever
CommanderJersey said:
How do you make enemys invincible?
Flag in NPC table.

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
LunarSoul said:
Flag in NPC table.

Do I need a comination of flags? I've tried adding the invincability flags and the enemy still acts normaly.

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Professional Whatever
No, just the one. Make sure you save the NPC table changes before exiting. Reopen the table to make sure you're changes are intact. Other than that I'm not sure.

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:08 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
OK then, I can't figure out how to upload a cave story to sue's work shop and my computer is very unorganized. Could you tell me how to?

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:14 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Why would you need to "upload" anything to SW? Is the problem that you don't know how to open a mod in SW? Just select "load" (from one of the menus - I forget, it's been a while since I've used SW) and then select the "Doukutsu.exe" file.

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:06 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
CommanderJersey said:
How do you make enemys invincible?

Rub them with invincibility paste

Nov 11, 2011 at 8:15 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
When using the modding program Sue's Workshop (not Cave Editor) what is the sprite ID for the metal signpost? (not the regular yellow one).
The signpost looks like a computer screen with a silver outline and orange color.
I know the sprite ID for the regular one, 37, and have have tried to find it (the metal one) on the sprite sheet I have but with no success.

What is the mysterious sprite ID I'm looking for?

Thanks!

Nov 11, 2011 at 8:25 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Backyardcabinxy said:
When using the modding program Sue's Workshop (not Cave Editor) what is the sprite ID for the metal signpost? (not the regular yellow one).
The signpost looks like a computer screen with a silver outline and orange color.
I know the sprite ID for the regular one, 37, and have have tried to find it (the metal one) on the sprite sheet I have but with no success.

What is the mysterious sprite ID I'm looking for?

Thanks!

The NPC you're looking for doesn't exist. The orange signpost is unused by Pixel.

Just replace the regular signpost with the orange signpost using image editing, and you're done.

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:03 PM
Professional Whatever
CommanderJersey said:
How do I make a boss appear?

A boss is nothing but an entity. Set the boss' NPC # to that of the boss you want to use, <ANP a certain value for the boss (look how pixel did it) and <BSL the boss' event #. Set the entity to "run event on death" and then make a death event for it. The death event # is the event # of an entity.
Note: don't make the entity a boss' NPC until you run the boss battle event (<CNP the boss to make it work), you don't want a boss sitting around on the map.

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:04 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
CommanderJersey said:
How do I make a boss appear?

It depends on the type of boss you want. For a minor boss, such as Kulala (queen jellyfish), you just put it as a regular NPC and use <BSL on it (as mentioned previously).

For a major boss, you need to go into CaveEditor > Select A Map > Map Properties > change the Boss Fight ID.

You cannot move the position of the major boss unless you know ASM.

Then use BOA to animate the big boss.

Here is a list of major bosses:
Boss 1 (Omega)
Boss 2 (Balfrog)
Boss 3 (Monster X)
Boss 4 (Core)
Boss 5 (Ironhead)
Boss 6 (Dragon Sisters)
Boss 7 (Undead Core)
Boss 8 (Heavy Press)
Boss 9 (Ballos [Ball])

All other NPCs are minor bosses, including the Doctor/Misery/etc.

Nov 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Needing some help for a crash in my mod

Greetings ^^ I'm Max le Fou, the one who made the French translation of the game :)

I came here to get some help. I was working on a new version of the translation with a better grammar and stuff... I almost finished it but something very bad happened : The game crashes when you enter Arthur's house for the first time...

I tried almost everything. I tried to put back the script of the previous french version... Still the crash. I tried to put the complete original english script. Still the crash. I tried to check everything around Arthur's House (in the mimiga village script, still the crash... I tried to run the standalone script editor which have a syntax checker. It says "no syntax error" everywhere...but it still crashes... And when I try the original game or the previous french translation, it works like a charm. I don't get it :'(

I'm not ready to restart the whole work i made. So i was wondering if some modders can help me to check where is the error. Since i'm kinda n00b for advanced modding, maybe there's something wrong i haven't found. here is the files : http://www.4shared.com/file/QtMpumm3/Cave_Story_FR_11_UNSTABLE-BETA.html

With a big thank you and a lil room in the translation credits for the one(s) who helped me ^^

EDIT: My thread has moved and became a simple post in a big ocean of helping post... If i got replies i'm pretty sure they will be as lost as this post now -.- So if anyone here wants to help me, please use the PMs so I will know :p Thanks in advance

Nov 13, 2011 at 11:25 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Re: Needing some help for a crash in my mod

Hmm, Cave editor keeps giving me an Error loading map message when I try to load Arthur's house. I'm fairly new at modding, But i know that isn't a good sign. I'll tell you if I figure anything out.

Nov 13, 2011 at 11:32 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Your mapdata has suffered corruption.
Use CE and right-click the map from the list and choose "Edit mapdata"
and then re-set the images for tileset, npc set etc.

then save the exe and try again, and hope the background doesn't also corrupt.

Also, in future, try to use the Quick Answers thread if you have any general issues.

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but...

[If in the wrong place, move it elsewhere ;^;]

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm trying to make a new mod of CS, with the story prior to Quote's most recent activation (Quote fighting together with Arthur), but I don't know how to use scripts so that I can like...

Screenshot-2011-11-07.png

I wanna make it so that the Polar Star is obtained once I open the chest, but I have no idea how to do that.

I tried reading a tutorial, but no success.
Could anybody help me teaching me in a... easier way? >:

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Try watching Noxid's modding guide videos on his blog. They are one of the best ways to learn.

200th post!:critter:

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:43 PM
CommanderJersey said:
Try watching Noxid's modding guide videos on his blog. They are one of the best ways to learn.

200th post!:critter:

Thanks a bunch! e ue;;
Now it'll be easy.
Really, thank you and thank him for showing me the "way", lol 'e~e

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:45 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
This thread here is the preferred place to ask any sort of general modding questions you may have. This keeps them all in one place and the number of redundant threads down. If you want to make a development thread to talk about ideas for your mod, you may do so here but those aren't really for asking technical questions.

Anyway I'm going to write a script now off the top of my head and it's going to be full of errors most likely

<entity 200 would be the chest(closed) sprite>
<it needs flag 0x2000 to run its event when the player interacts with it>
<KEY<FLJ0100:0001<FL+0100<FMU<CNP0200:0021:0000<MSGYou open the chest.<NOD<CMU0016<CLR
<GIT0002<AM+0002:0000You obtained the =Polar Star=!<WAI0163<NOD<RMU
<GIT0000<CLRIt's a pretty sweet gun.<NOD<END

Additionally the chest entity should have the "Disappear when flagID set" flag checked, and have its flag ID set to the value FL+'d in the script (0100 in this case). Above the chest entity should be an entity 0021 (chest closed) with the "Appear when flagID set" and "Option 2" and "Run script when PC press down" flags one square above the closed chest, with the same flagID as the chest and event #0001 (the global empty event)

For the rest of the commands I don't know, they should be pretty self-explainatory if you just read the description in CE but then again I'm not the one asking the question so idunno.

Last edited by a moderator: