Sep 13, 2017 at 1:59 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I need help. Since about an hour ago, I'm searching EVERYWHERE on the internet for "how the **** do you create an entity in booster's lab" and haven't found ANYTHING to help me. Please, could someone help me ?

(What I do is just copy another entity and do what I want with... but then what will I do with an empty map ?)

Another thing I don't know is why Cave Story in general (all copies and mods) is super slow... (don't have this issue with other games)
i think theres somethings someplaces to speed it up
i think even in boosters lab if you use the hacking tool you can change the fps to 60 instead of 50

yeah don't worry i forgot about the i for insert thing to

maybe you'll ask all the questions i asked 2 weeks ago! i asked a lot because im not very good at this stuff

Sep 13, 2017 at 8:22 AM
CSE Discord Admin
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
What I meant was that Cave Story is now about 2 times slower as it was 3 days ago on the same PC. (Who has a GTX 960, so I'm pretty sure it's not my PC that's slow)

Sep 13, 2017 at 1:49 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
well i'm pretty sure cave story hasn't changed in the last 3 days

Sep 13, 2017 at 4:54 PM
CSE Discord Admin
And now... After 3 Restarts of my PC... It works ! For no good reason (It was as slow after the first 2 restarts) It works !

Sep 13, 2017 at 8:34 PM
And now... After 3 Restarts of my PC... It works ! For no good reason (It was as slow after the first 2 restarts) It works !
yeah cave story does seem to have a lot of small glitches i don't know why
I've found out how to fix a lot of them (or ways around them) though mainly with help from others

I HOEP YOU SHARE YOUR MOD if its good im going to see if I can figure out how to share mine
mines "decent" but I don't think it's super good or anything
It functions properly at least

Sep 13, 2017 at 8:40 PM
War criminal
@GabrielRavier Do you have any programs running in the background that can potentially slow down your pc? Sometimes, Cave Story can slow down if there are other active programs that use a lot of CPU.

Sep 14, 2017 at 10:05 AM
CSE Discord Admin
The two other times it was just after the reboot and the third time exactly the same but the results were different...

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:36 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I would blame Windows or your Computer. I can run cave story along with my text editor, I mean, texteditor, web browser, PDF Viewer, terminal and file manager with little slow down on a chromebook.

Sep 15, 2017 at 11:44 PM
How do I add lightning?
I want everytime I press down on a door lightning to appear. Is this possible? I can get it to do it once, but after that it stops

Sep 16, 2017 at 12:54 AM
War criminal
<SNP0146:XXXX:YYYY:0000

X and Y are for the door's position.

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:14 AM
<SNP0146:XXXX:YYYY:0000

X and Y are for the door's position.
OHH... i was looking for the command to create an entity! I was stuck on CNP (Create NPc) or NNP(New NPc)
The second one didn't even exist...
thanks!

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:24 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
OHH... i was looking for the command to create an entity! I was stuck on CNP (Create NPc) or NNP(New NPc)
The second one didn't even exist...
thanks!
Just curious, are you using Cave Editor or Boosters Lab? Cave Editor gives you a list of all available commands and how to generally use them. I don't believe BL has a list to help with that. And if you ever need help for general commands like CNP/SNP, CE has a list in the script area, always helpful.

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:35 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Just curious, are you using Cave Editor or Boosters Lab? Cave Editor gives you a list of all available commands and how to generally use them. I don't believe BL has a list to help with that. And if you ever need help for general commands like CNP/SNP, CE has a list in the script area, always helpful.
p360268-0-mlz0nv9.png

perhaps thou should'st check thyself

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:38 AM
lol
p360268-0-mlz0nv9.png

perhaps thou should'st check thyself
I rarely use BL, so fair enough.
And for a question, I'm trying to have a motion that allows the camera to move. So I tried <FON:0803:0001, but it seems whenever I do it, the camera just cut-jumps to the entity, do I need to increase the ticks?

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:41 AM
i used cave editor for a while, but now boosters lab for the most of it

The one thing I think cave editor is better at is editing map properties, that's really only what I use it for now
Boosters lab I find really helpful especially when I'm typing text to see when it loops over

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:06 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I rarely use BL, so fair enough.
And for a question, I'm trying to have a motion that allows the camera to move. So I tried <FON:0803:0001, but it seems whenever I do it, the camera just cut-jumps to the entity, do I need to increase the ticks?
yes?
im not sure what other answer or result you could be expecting here. you're telling the camera to go to the entity in 1 frame, and it's doing so.
More specifically, it travels "distance/n" per frame, where n is the focus speed. but in-n-frames is a reasonable approximation.

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:42 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Use 16 ticks (so <FON:0803:0016) to have the camera go to the entity at the same speed it normally moves. More ticks makes it slower, less ticks make it faster, zero ticks destroy the universe.

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:41 AM
lol
Use 16 ticks (so <FON:0803:0016) to have the camera go to the entity at the same speed it normally moves. More ticks makes it slower, less ticks make it faster, zero ticks destroy the universe.
Ah that makes way more sense now, just did 16 ticks and it worked perfectly the way I wanted it too. Thank you so much!

Sep 16, 2017 at 1:16 PM
quick question i cant find an efficient way to test it, but what direction for the horizontal vertical trigger is vertical?

Sep 16, 2017 at 1:31 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
quick question i cant find an efficient way to test it, but what direction for the horizontal vertical trigger is vertical?
If you want it to start vertical, just set the alternate direction flag.