Mar 10, 2016 at 3:22 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Mar 10, 2016 at 8:19 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Pressing load with no game to load starts a new one.
In my mod you can only load from other saves so there is no need for a NEW selection.
what if all the slots are taken by games already

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:07 PM
Catz R cool
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"..."
Please explain.
He means what if you've tried the game 3 times and failed to get the good ending on all three! How would you start a new attempt to get the good ending?!

Mar 10, 2016 at 10:28 PM
"Huzzah!"
He means what if you've tried the game 3 times and failed to get the good ending on all three! How would you start a new attempt to get the good ending?!

Can't you just use flags for that?

Anyways zxin, this plan isn't going to work. You could just open up N.E.T. Story II with any editor and change it around however you want.

On a side note, why don't you worry about releasing N.E.T. Story remake before you start thinking about N.E.T. Story II?

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2016 at 8:10 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Anyways zxin, this plan isn't going to work. You could just open up N.E.T. Story II with any editor and change it around however you want.
But couldn't this be said about every mod?

Also, zxin, if you want to make the new game menu option unusable, you might as well be better off changing the event that is used when you start a new game.
I'm assuming you want the player to have beaten N.E.T Story before being able to play N.E.T Story II?

Mar 11, 2016 at 2:59 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Forcing someone to play the first game in order to unlock the second? What an absolutely terrible (and pointless) idea.

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:10 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm well aware that you have control over it (and really it doesn't matter to me what you do) I'm just telling you it's a bad idea

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:15 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
I am the creator, therefore I own control over that sort of thing.
You do realize not everybody has played N.E.T. Story, and that even less people have gotten the better endings?
I can expect much discussion from that.

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:16 PM
beep boop
Maybe make the new option into a sort of quick refresher of whatever happens in the first mod, and have a sort of default storyline? Or just package the first mod in a folder next to the new one. Or make new an info thing, where you say that you need to play the first game in order to play, and exit to the title screen once the player says okay.

Edit: You could also make the new game thing a boss rush mode.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2016 at 4:24 PM
beep boop
Well that would likely drive off most players. Explaining the situation would likely get them to play the first one, while insulting them would most likely just make them not want to play.

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:32 PM
beep boop
Ah okay, maybe later if you become really good at coding you could make a simple launcher that can call the separate exes from their own data folders and just start them, which could save a bit of confusion, but that would also require changing the saveing and loading location... Never mind that I said anything this is a bad idea.