Feb 14, 2016 at 5:12 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
do not add extra maps with cave editor
That is self-evident, I should think.
Is there any way I can add extra maps, or delete/replace the original ones en masse without having to go through the tedium of deleting/replacing the old ones individually?

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:19 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
uhh.. with Booster's Lab?

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:35 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I'd just recommend overwriting old maps as needed, since it's the least likely to mess up your executable.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:12 PM
Based Member
That is self-evident, I should think.
Is there any way I can add extra maps, or delete/replace the original ones en masse without having to go through the tedium of deleting/replacing the old ones individually?
To more directly answer your question, problems usually don't arise when you use Cave Editor's copy map feature and edit that copied map. If you use the "add map" feature, then this can make backgrounds have trouble displaying properly. Still, as GIR implied, it's really rare that you'll actually need to add a new map, so it's best to replace existing maps if you can. Also, I don't think Booster's Lab's add map feature is broken.

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:21 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Q: Is there a way to skip the transition between screens?

Feb 15, 2016 at 3:29 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You mean the fade out (<FAO) between rooms?
Well instead of:
Code:
<PRI<FAO0004<TRA0042:0094:0029:0080
Do:
Code:
<PRI<TRA0042:0094:0029:0080
And remove the fade in (<FAI) command from #0090, #0091, #0092, #0093 and #0094 if you really want to, but it won't change anything if you don't put a <FAO.
Thank you. I thought <FAI,<FAO meant "Fade In","Fade Out" for something else.
But, I can't find #0090.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2016 at 3:32 PM
Professional Whatever
Oh important! If you're not using <FAO you shouldn't use <FAI either because otherwise it will still try to fade in but look really weird.

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:23 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Where is the health Misery has to reach before she starts spawning the double/quadruple black rings around herself stored in the executable?
Probably a check in her enemyAI, I'd read it through to see if you can find it there if I were you.

Feb 16, 2016 at 5:59 AM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
@zxin

misery is not a big boss, she's an NPC kind of boss

p212633-0-cuhaqci.png

This is how much damage she can take before teleporting, edit the 50 (you can't exceed 7F so be careful here; unless you change the code a bit but I am too lazy to show you how atm)
e: okay, if you need this for some reason this should work for 80+
p212633-1-ocaxnuf.png

just fun stuff

As for the rings
p212633-2-nebn3g1.png

these two ^ & v
p212633-3-fzicp6h.png

cheers

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2016 at 7:26 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Awesome, thanks. Still need help with the big bosses health, but this is a good start.
Also would someone be able to help me make the spur go trough solid entities?
I really would recommend you just take the time to learn ASM yourself, since finding a good hacker who is willing to help others with their projects on the forums will probably be difficult.

Feb 16, 2016 at 7:55 AM
hi hi
Awesome, thanks. Still need help with the big bosses health, but this is a good start.
Also would someone be able to help me make the spur go trough solid entities?
What do you mean by that? Because as far as I know Spur pierces the enemies (or does it only do that on kill?), and I can't really find any other meaning to that at the moment.

Feb 16, 2016 at 7:59 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I really would recommend you just take the time to learn ASM yourself, since finding a good hacker who is willing to help others with their projects on the forums will probably be difficult.
Other than me.

Feb 16, 2016 at 8:04 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
What do you mean by that? Because as far as I know Spur pierces the enemies (or does it only do that on kill?), and I can't really find any other meaning to that at the moment.
solid entities
I think zxin refers to the invincible entities like Monster X's wheels, horizontal presses and most of Ballos during the second and third phases.

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:03 AM
hi hi
Indeed I do.
I want it to be able to go trough (with or without damaging) entities and bosses.
This might involve completely cutting out whatever checks for the solid entities.
That sounds at least a bit complicated. Well, I'm not touching it, I guess.
BUT:
Technically, you could make Spur fire an NPC instead of the bullet (the leading one) and make it spawn the trail bullets, I think that's the easiest solution to your problem, because NPCs can pass through other NPCs no matter what.

Feb 16, 2016 at 2:38 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I tried. I really did. But for the love of hacking (and google), I cannot figure out how to into OllyDbg. D:
Basically my problem is, I noticed that OllyDbg doesn't show the entire executable's ASM code at once. It arbitrarily starts at 0x77A90000, and I cannot figure out how to make it show everything or how to jump to the proper address. [The inconsistencies in the Assembly Compendium's hex addresses is quite a prick in my side, but I think I can manage.]