Jenka's Nightmare Revived - Final release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2011 at 5:39 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Re: Jenka's Nightmare Revived

The map system, along with MALCO, are in the Labyrinth. You can get to both of them on your first time through.

Oct 29, 2011 at 7:19 PM
Discord Group Moderator
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

I'm a guy.

That good to know, but for all the girly pics, I was confused with your gender

This is already a sequel, so I'm not making a new game, but I might change the ending of this one when I have time

Good Idea, but no need to radically change it, just tewk it alittle so that we see what happen after misery goes inside jenka's house

And curly dead was a low blow, you know :(

... and *puff* , you disapeer!

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:24 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

windsofwinds said:
That good to know, but for all the girly pics, I was confused with your gender

Not having girly pics on this board is a sign of weakness. I am behind the curve in that regard.

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Professional Whatever

windsofwinds said:
And curly dead was a low blow, you know :(

... and *puff* , you disapeer!
I'm still here. I was working on MS, so I forgot to reply.
Spoiler that shiz pl0x.
Sure Curly is dead, but it makes for a good ending. You always remember the sad endings more than the bubbly fairy tale endings.

seren said:
Not having girly pics on this board is a sign of weakness. I am behind the curve in that regard.
I agree completely. If you can't use a girly avatar at least once, you're a
sexist coward
pitiful person
menace to society
...You know what I mean.

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Discord Group Moderator
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

sorry!

And even through
curly dead
is memrable, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth when seeing the ending.
So please at least add a ending were she at least end up alive!

Oh, and I,m not a sexist! I personaly think women are the suprieror gender!
It just that I can't have a girly avatar if I don't like It

Oct 30, 2011 at 3:03 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

windsofwinds said:

If I believed in quoting a sig, that.

Oct 30, 2011 at 3:07 AM
Discord Group Moderator

Awww. Thanks
The reason: who did god give the ability to have babies?

Also, what other ending does this game have, for I have only the gotton
the best every single time.:balrog:

Oct 30, 2011 at 3:09 AM
Professional Whatever

windsofwinds said:

That's sexist too. You are sexist unless you think both genders are equal; you can't pity one sex or favour one over another. In my opinion, it's almost impossible to truly not be sexist, or any kind of -ist for that matter.

There are four endings.
If you don't take the sky blade or don't take the G: Spirit path, you can get different endings.

See also: --> You do know you need both a man and a woman to create another life, right? Just because the woman carries it, doesn't mean the man doesn't have the ability to make babies.

Oct 30, 2011 at 3:11 AM
Discord Group Moderator

It is? I thought it was a kudos to the gender, not total sexisem.

Thank , i'll try them out and good night, for there is anime to watch:awesomeface:

Oct 30, 2011 at 9:36 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

Hell yes. thanks to you for beginning a guide, I'll have to resist the temptation to look at all of it instead of just the
puppy puzzle

Oct 31, 2011 at 2:51 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

First of all: This is an amazing thing you've done here, I feel like I'm playing a proper sequel to Cave Story, I think Pixel adopt this officially when it's fully complete.

Second of all: This mod is in desperate need of a walkthrough/guide. A lot of times it's not really very straightforward as to what you're supposed to do next, and it makes the player (meaning me) constantly feel like I've missed something, or that I'm doing something wrong. I'm all for open exploration but some clearer in game clues as to what the heck I'm supposed to be doing would help loads. I mean, I tried to do Egg Corridor before going through the reservoir because I assumed that you could choose to do them in either order because Curly gives you the air tank and basically tells you to go to either one. So I make it all the way through the Egg Corridor (which is sadistic by the way), get the ID card, just to get blocked by the door AND the window. To make this worse, I then had to play through the level backwards just to correct my mistake. That was SO frustrating and could've been easily avoided if I'd been given a stronger nudge to the reservoir or if the door to the Egg Corridor had remained locked until I'd done the other stage.

Third of all: Just a couple of little bugs that I've found so far, and I'm sure you're aware of most of these. In the Sand Zone rest area, there's an experience capsule floating off to the side, out of the actual area of the room. I think this next one is just after coming out of The Labyrinth after riding Monster X (I may need to check this one again) but when you enter first cave again, there's a missing block in the roof just to the right of the entry door, which you can use to walk around the outside border of that map for a little bit until you become unable to move and start drowning without warning (again, sorry if I got the location of that completely wrong, but it's one of the cave areas that connects to the original). After defeating the first Genesis boss I went back and talked to Curly and she told me to talk to Misery. I talked to Misery (going through the puppy maze AGAIN, which made me want to drop my brain in a blender) and she literally just told me exactly what I had already been told. After making it all the way back to Curly (going through the puppy maze AGAIN) she still told me to go talk to Misery! So that was terrible. (EDIT) one more little thing, when you temporarily get the nemesis for the first Genesis boss level, during the dialogue in which you pick it up, you can still jump and shoot.

Lastly, and this is purely just a noobish question: I'm stuck on Oblivion: Erosion. Is it possible to fly past the death traps, or am I missing something else?

All of these very minor bugs and grievances aside, this is an amazing mod (or mod of a mod I guess) and you and the guy who did the original (sorry I can't remember his name) deserve medals. Thanks, you brought Cave Story back to life for me, I hope this mod gets more attention.

Oct 31, 2011 at 2:57 AM
Band
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Woah, that is the second largest post I have seen on the forums
EDIT:level up to regular member on this post

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:00 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Sorry, I got a little carried away.

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:00 AM
Professional Whatever

Dude, you are full of win. A thought, your post is seriously crowding the page, I suggest spoilering it.

danster724 said:
First of all: This is an amazing thing you've done here, I feel like I'm playing a proper sequel to Cave Story, I think Pixel adopt this officially when it's fully complete.
Ah, delicious praise! *Om nom nom* Thanks a bunch!

danster724 said:
Second of all: This mod is in desperate need of a walkthrough/guide. A lot of times it's not really very straightforward as to what you're supposed to do next, and it makes the player (meaning me) constantly feel like I've missed something, or that I'm doing something wrong. I'm all for open exploration but some clearer in game clues as to what the heck I'm supposed to be doing would help loads. I mean, I tried to do Egg Corridor before going through the reservoir because I assumed that you could choose to do them in either order because Curly gives you the air tank and basically tells you to go to either one. So I make it all the way through the Egg Corridor (which is sadistic by the way), get the ID card, just to get blocked by the door AND the window. To make this worse, I then had to play through the level backwards just to correct my mistake. That was SO frustrating and could've been easily avoided if I'd been given a stronger nudge to the reservoir or if the door to the Egg Corridor had remained locked until I'd done the other stage.
It's FUN, right?!
Anyway, you're a couple pages late, me and Windsofwinds are making a guide. In fact, I'm working on it right now.

danster724 said:
Third of all: Just a couple of little bugs that I've found so far, and I'm sure you're aware of most of these. In the Sand Zone rest area, there's an experience capsule floating off to the side, out of the actual area of the room. I think this next one is just after coming out of The Labyrinth after riding Monster X (I may need to check this one again) but when you enter first cave again, there's a missing block in the roof just to the right of the entry door, which you can use to walk around the outside border of that map for a little bit until you become unable to move and start drowning without warning (again, sorry if I got the location of that completely wrong, but it's one of the cave areas that connects to the original). After defeating the first Genesis boss I went back and talked to Curly and she told me to talk to Misery. I talked to Misery (going through the puppy maze AGAIN, which made me want to drop my brain in a blender) and she literally just told me exactly what I had already been told. After making it all the way back to Curly (going through the puppy maze AGAIN) she still told me to go talk to Misery! So that was terrible.
All known except the last, I didn't know you had to go through that (curly>misery) twice.

danster724 said:
Lastly, and this is purely just a noobish question: I'm stuck on Oblivion: Erosion. Is it possible to fly past the death traps, or am I missing something else?
It's unclear, but go back to Town Hall.

danster724 said:
All of these very minor bugs and grievances aside, this is an amazing mod (or mod of a mod I guess) and you and the guy who did the original (sorry I can't remember his name) deserve medals. Thanks, you brought Cave Story back to life for me, I hope this mod gets more attention.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(RE PRAISE)!!!!
*AHM NOM NOM NOM* Thanks again!

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:04 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Sorry about that, it's spoilered now. Can't wait to see that guide, and thanks for the Oblivion tip!

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:06 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
LunarSoul said:
A thought, your post is seriously crowding the page, I suggest spoilering it.

And then he makes a post that's about double the size.

And @404, I'm guessing you haven't lurked very many threads.

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:07 AM
Professional Whatever

danster724 said:
Sorry about that, it's spoilered now. Can't wait to see that guide, and thanks for the Oblivion tip!

No need to be sorry, you didn't know.
You're welcome about Oblivion! I'm glad after all this time JNR is still popular.

@Nox
Hey, hey, I was just responding to his post. And I spoilered it to further shorten it.

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:15 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator

LunarSoul said:
No need to be sorry, you didn't know.
You're welcome about Oblivion! I'm glad after all this time JNR is still popular.

@Nox
Hey, hey, I was just responding to his post. And I spoilered it to further shorten it.

I was merely pointing out the irony
Spoilering fewer than like, three or four lines of text actually increases its page size due to the "packaging" of the spoiler box itself.

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:20 AM
Professional Whatever

Noxid said:
I was merely pointing out the irony
Spoilering fewer than like, three or four lines of text actually increases its page size due to the "packaging" of the spoiler box itself.
Depends on the spoilered text, but yeah, it's pretty funny.
But do you know what's even more page clogging? This conversation. ohyes.

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:28 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

LunarSoul said:
Depends on the spoilered text, but yeah, it's pretty funny.
But do you know what's even more page clogging? This conversation. ohyes.

Oh I'm sorry, are we only allowed to speak our praises for Lunarsoul and his wonderful mod on this thread? Oh wait:

5. Off-topic posts are fine as long as they follow the flow of conversation, and the conversation returns to the original topic at the request of the thread starter, or a moderator or admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.