Jenka's Nightmare Revived - Final release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2011 at 3:33 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Re: Jenka's Nightmare Revived

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Oh I'm sorry, are we only allowed to speak our praises for Lunarsoul and his wonderful mod on this thread? Oh wait:

I'm not saying stop, I love mindless off-topic banter.
See also:
5. Off-topic posts are fine as long as they follow the flow of conversation, and the conversation returns to the original topic at the request of the thread starter, or a moderator or admin.

Again, not saying stop. I don't care if no one else does either.

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:37 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

There's a difference between requesting to go back to on-topic, and being a dick about it. The sarcasm in your post was clearly derogatory.
If you're going to say something, say it nicely.

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:40 AM
Professional Whatever

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
There's a difference between requesting to go back to on-topic, and being a dick about it. The sarcasm in your post was clearly derogatory.
If you're going to say something, say it nicely.

How was I being a dick? I wasn't being derogatory at all.
I really don't care how this conversation goes. Except for this way, this way is not fun at all.
I certainly don't see any flaming/trolling in my post.

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:44 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

I guess I will explain it fully to you, since you're having difficulty understanding.
LunarSoul said:
Depends on the spoilered text, but yeah, it's pretty funny.
But do you know what's even more page clogging? This conversation. ohyes.
The key thing is how you said this conversation is page clogging. By saying that you are saying that these posts aren't good or of value to the thread, and in turn insulting the posters who posted them. Also you even went out of your way to bold and italicize those words, showing that you clearly had a strong opinion on those posts.

Basically you were saying noxid's little comment on spoiler tags was worthless, and you were stating it strongly. This is not a nice thing to say.

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:48 AM
Professional Whatever

I'm fairly certain I know what I meant, and I meant no ill harm of any kind to anyone.
Now, at my request, may we return to JNR?

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:53 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

Regardless of your intentions, your post was mean and you should take care to treat others kindly. Just a bit of friendly advice.

Oct 31, 2011 at 3:56 AM
Professional Whatever

Sure. Sorry, I really didn't mean anything by my posts. I usually try and be as polite as I can.

Oct 31, 2011 at 4:28 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Oh look, I'm back already.

I've gotten to the fight with Possesed Curly. Am I supposed to have a weapon other than the fireball and the rocket launcher by now? Can I get the uberbubbler at this point? Because Curly has an obscene amount of health, I mean I emptied 150 rockets into her and she wasn't even at 75% health. Is it meant to take a ridiculously long time or am I missing something here?

also

I got the remote control from the labyrinth and went to the place where you're meant to use it and opened the panel, but it was empty. Am I just heading for a crappy ending in general here?

Oct 31, 2011 at 4:37 AM
Professional Whatever

danster724 said:
I've gotten to the fight with Possesed Curly. Am I supposed to have a weapon other than the fireball and the rocket launcher by now? Can I get the uberbubbler at this point? Because Curly has an obscene amount of health, I mean I emptied 150 rockets into her and she wasn't even at 75% health. Is it meant to take a ridiculously long time or am I missing something here?
You should have the detonator or uberBubbler by now, the Polaris as well.

danster724 said:
I got the remote control from the labyrinth and went to the place where you're meant to use it and opened the panel, but it was empty. Am I just heading for a crappy ending in general here?

There's another panel. I'm not telling you where. =3

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:13 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

(EDIT)
So I've got the blade now, and I'm finding pieces to the Polaris but apparently I need the machine gun to get to the top of the chimney. I've gotta be honest, I had no idea the machine gun was even in this mod and have NO clue as to how one is meant to obtain it. The uberbubbler too. I heard you're supposed to talking to the fisherman after going to Oblivion but all he says is "Ooh fishing is nice" (or something). From what I've read, those two weapons aren't even supposed to be hidden and I couldn't find them following the game's natural progression. Even a small hint would've been nice earlier on, though, to be fair, I'm not exactly the god of video gaming so it's possible that I totally missed loads of clues earlier on.

Oct 31, 2011 at 11:22 AM
Professional Whatever

danster724 said:
(EDIT)
So I've got the blade now, and I'm finding pieces to the Polaris but apparently I need the machine gun to get to the top of the chimney. I've gotta be honest, I had no idea the machine gun was even in this mod and have NO clue as to how one is meant to obtain it. The uberbubbler too. I heard you're supposed to talking to the fisherman after going to Oblivion but all he says is "Ooh fishing is nice" (or something). From what I've read, those two weapons aren't even supposed to be hidden and I couldn't find them following the game's natural progression. Even a small hint would've been nice earlier on, though, to be fair, I'm not exactly the god of video gaming so it's possible that I totally missed loads of clues earlier on.

Ah. Your problem is the PATH you chose!
Balrog is found in Genesis: Spirit and the mach gun is traded from him. You can still go there I think. You don't need the mach gun though.

Oct 31, 2011 at 12:58 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"

You are a super hero sir. Thanks again.

(EDIT) That door at the top of the chimney is sadistic.
(EDIT2) The bottom is sadistic too, urgh. Still lovin' it though.
(EDIT3)
okay, Polaris in hand, I'm ready to do this thing
(LAST EDIT I PROMISE) Sort of a big bug here. After defeating afore mentioned boss and being transported to Misery's house, going through the white door and beating the next boss, I went back to Misery's place and out the other door to save quickly. I re-entered to find Misery sitting in the room, and the door once again in place. Oh dear.

Nov 2, 2011 at 5:58 AM
Discord Group Moderator
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

Is it just me, or are the final bosses too easy?

Nov 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM
Professional Whatever

Maybe. No one's really commented on it, maybe you're just too awesome =P

Nov 2, 2011 at 7:55 PM
Discord Group Moderator
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

Hey guys! I,m back, for the time being.

Even with the not so uber weapon the
skyblade
used alone, they are not too difficult if you see there pattern.

The final boss is truely pathetic, change it where his spam doesn't produce
lots of exp or heart and make his pattern quicker and upredictable and he
be fine

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:13 PM
Professional Whatever

Good idea about the bats, but not much I can do about his movements.

Also, I'M A TOAD.
Imma go toad now.

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:17 PM
Band
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

LunarSoul said:
>Ohhai, I'm making a guide. It'll be for the NORMAL playthrough, not that it matters much when making a guide. I'll be gathering info from the thread and the JN thread, since I can't remember everything, and if you guys remember anything that you feel is necessary for the guide, feel free to PM/VM me.

yes! a guide!
ALSO: how did you get the "princess is in another castle" avatar?!

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:17 PM
Discord Group Moderator

Have you converted to mario mods, because i feared that when I saw your new thing on your avatar

Wouldn,t be much work if you just add so extra attack commands and make him faster, for if you can make critters invisable, you can a least make him a faster target.

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:22 PM
Professional Whatever

404notfound said:
yes! a guide!
ALSO: how did you get the "princess is in another castle" avatar?!

1,125 posts.

windsofwinds said:
Have you converted to mario mods, because i feared that when I saw your new thing on your avatar
See above.

windsofwinds said:
Wouldn,t be much work if you just add so extra attack commands and make him faster, for if you can make critters invisable, you can a least make him a faster target.
Not true. Invincibility is a quick NPC table fix, but changing a boss's function relies on intense assembly hacking.

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:28 PM
Discord Group Moderator

Hmmm. Well you didn't quit being the luner gunsmith for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.