Egg Corridor Challenge

Sep 18, 2019 at 1:42 PM
"Huzzah!"
My problem with this mod is that it's a little too...basic.
For instance I have no idea what your potential is since there is nothing new in terms of gameplay.

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:03 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Alright, I have to say that this is pretty good for your very first mod. But, this mod could still be better.
Alright first off, I like the idea that you immediately get missile launcher and full EXP right at the start, very good thinking there, also, good thing to add a hidden booster above where you start. Could be a nice surprise to people who like to explore mods.
But the question is, where is the music? You can’t have a mod without music, so I recommend fixing that. Blocking from going into egg 6 and 1, with the shield being removed automatically, awesome idea.
My best time was 1’00”8 with the booster. Changing what icon you get on the title screen would also be another good thing to add.
Overall, very fun, enjoyed playing it, nice mod for your firstie.

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:47 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The reason for that is because I am using Sue’s Workshop
Don't. That's all I gotta say here, don't. At least use Cave Editor or Booster's Lab, but not Sue's Workshop

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:36 AM
War criminal
What about Cave Editor?
Only use Cave Editor if you really want to. There are no advantages it has over Booster's Lab, but it's now all up to choice in preference.

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:41 PM
"Huzzah!"
If you fix the timer not resetting after completing it I'll try to get a new personal best.

Sep 22, 2019 at 4:50 AM
"Huzzah!"
The drop box wont download it,
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG

Sep 22, 2019 at 4:54 AM
War criminal
Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 5:03 AM
"Huzzah!"
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG
5.PNG
6.PNG
7.PNG

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    317 bytes · Views: 0
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    1.1 KB · Views: 0
Sep 22, 2019 at 5:06 AM
War criminal
Oh, I see the problem now. Install 7-zip and make that the default program for opening .rar files.

Sep 22, 2019 at 5:08 AM
"Huzzah!"
I've done the 7-zip part, how to make that the default however, I have no clue how to do that

Sep 22, 2019 at 5:10 AM
War criminal
Not really shown, but click on "Open With..." and select the program through the window that pops up in this gif.
p370940-0-fbuad8.gif

Sep 22, 2019 at 5:13 AM
"Huzzah!"
thanks

Sep 28, 2019 at 10:00 PM
Based Member
I just saw this thread the other day. It's nice to see people using Plus Porter.

I tried out the CS+ port and enjoyed it, it's interesting to play through the Egg Corridor as a timed challenge with the doors sealed off. This really encouraged me to try and get through as fast as possible and play it dangerous by travelling on the lower floor without getting killed by the basil. I also found it interesting how you blocked off the little holes to get into the individual eggs in egg corridor. At least... kind of. If I position myself just right, I can actually get into those holes that are two tiles wide. I'm guessing you meant to block us out of that entirely, since I was able to get into egg number 6, get the key card, and get back out, which caused the egg corridor music to start playing when I got back out. It looks like you changed this up a bit in the latest release of the mod for freeware CS by making the gap three holes big, but they're still partially blocked, so I'm not quite sure what you're doing there.

I like the variety you added in the latest release with the different modes and equipable stuff, it would be cool to play this in the CS+ port. One little oversight in the CS+ port is that when you die and retry, it keeps playing the game over music, instead of going to the no music that's intended to play. If you simply want no music to play, then you can do <CMU0000. That being said, I think you had the right idea in the second release by adding the egg corridor music. Another thing I might note is that when I grab the items in the initial room from the chests, then save my game, then load it again, the opened chests appear elevated into the air. I don't remember why it is that this sometimes happens, but there's some way to fix it.

One more thing I might mention is that when you make a new release, it's generally a good idea to update the first post in the thread so that people will see that latest release when they first see your mod. When I first tried out the version of the mod for the freeware version of the game, I clicked the link in the OP, and got an older version. So then I had to track down the post where you made a later release in order to play the newer version with music and the booster. Many modders will edit the opening post in their thread and say something like "Here's a link to the latest version" and then in a spoiler tag put a list of previous versions if people are interested.

On the CS+ port, my best time was 1'11''5, and on the new release you made with the equipable Booster 2.0, my best time was 56''5.

Sep 30, 2019 at 1:04 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
what do i do with the cs+ port thing

Sep 30, 2019 at 1:33 AM
Based Member
Extract the port from the zipped folder. Next, open Plus Porter, and click "File" -> "Open CS+ Directory", and browse to your CS+ installation. Now, after extracting this mod to any arbitrary folder, go to "File" -> "Open Port..." and browse to the folder of the port, select it, and click "Open". This will open the port in Plus Porter. Now, click on "File" -> "Apply port", and you will get to decide where on the challenge screen you want the port to appear. Click the "Apply port!" button, and the port will be installed in your CS+ installation as one of the challenges.

Load up the game, go to the challenges menu, and find the Egg Corridor challenge listed as one of the challenges, and enjoy.