Cave Story+

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:22 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
The music that you mentioned in the video is from Cave Story 3D, by Danny B.
I have no idea why they did that.

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:38 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
ShinyElectricBlueTiger said:
The music that you mentioned in the video is from Cave Story 3D, by Danny B.
I have no idea why they did that.

Correction, this is the CS3D version of the song and all its saxy goodness:

I think the one used in the Plus trailer was made specifically for that purpose.

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:56 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
There are actually two versions of Last Cave for CS3D. One is by Danny B, the other is by Dustin Kulwicki (Kwix). They're both awesome.

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:56 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Guys, help me please, i have no idea how to beat "+" ver. I finished game with all endings but in the end all i got "cave story the end screen" and no achievement for victory and i cant open hell speed run mode cuz that. as i see <1% beat the game but they did so there is possibility

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:38 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
nekomimibadik said:
Guys, help me please, i have no idea how to beat "+" ver. I finished game with all endings but in the end all i got "cave story the end screen" and no achievement for victory and i cant open hell speed run mode cuz that. as i see <1% beat the game but they did so there is possibility

I'm pretty sure you have to beat the game on Original difficulty mode with the best ending to unlock all the challenge modes.

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:47 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
yrotS evaC said:
I'm pretty sure you have to beat the game on Original difficulty mode with the best ending to unlock all the challenge modes.

If you start with Hard difficulty and beat the best ending; does that unlock all the challenge modes too?

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:52 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Most likely. I don't have the skill to test that though.

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:35 PM
The challenges seriously aren't unlocked if I beat it on Easy? That's supreme bull. It would take me forever to beat Hell on Normal, it's enough on Easy as it is. This is just a dick move on the game's part.

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:22 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I must of played cave story + hell hundreds of times now the more I played the easier it got eventually I made it with a descent time
The best way I found to beat hell is to level up the missile launcher to 3 in the 1st and 3rd rooms use the SPUR/Nemesis to get though hell then and hopefully still have the life pot for ballos when you get to ballos 2nd and 4th form unleash the missile launcher in his eye it kills him in a second

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:41 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
sirtophat said:
The challenges seriously aren't unlocked if I beat it on Easy? That's supreme bull. It would take me forever to beat Hell on Normal, it's enough on Easy as it is. This is just a dick move on the game's part.

If you can't beat hell on normal then the challenges are probably just going to kick your ass anyways.

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:49 PM
The challenges should have Easy mode.

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Dec 5, 2011 at 8:57 PM
I'm just a bit annoyed that the parts of the game I bought it for turned out to only be for the elite bourgeoisie of the gaming world

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
sirtophat said:
I'm just a bit annoyed that the parts of the game I bought it for turned out to only be for the privileged elite bourgeois of the gaming world

I'm pretty sure that most people can beat hell on normal, given that they put in the required effort. It's probably at least 50%, certainly not the "elite" class.
At this point I'm honestly just inclined to say that maybe you suck at videogames. Do you play on easy on other games as well?

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:16 PM
I can play Half-Life 2 on Hard reasonably.

I did Cave Story on Normal up to the boulder. After that, trying to move forward felt like slapping a brick wall with a rubber chicken, so I changed my save file to Easy and the game felt perfect for once. No longer did I need to set my health to 255 to beat the Core. All my problems with the game, aside a few maddening unpredictable things like having to talk to Curly twice in the lodge even though the dialog from the first interaction implied I was supposed to go on without picking her up at that moment and later realizing I had to change my save file to put myself back in the lodge and get her again in order to be able to go to Hell, seemed to have disappeared. And then I realized now that the bonus features would only be fairly attainable if I did the whole game again in impossible mode.

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
sirtophat said:
No longer did I need to set my health to 255 to beat the Core.

Yeah I have nothing else to say to you.

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:38 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
sirtophat said:
...No longer did I need to set my health to 255 to beat the Core...

I never cheat on videogames unless one or more of the following conditions have been met.
1: I have beaten the game on the hardest difficulty.
2: I'm trying to make something awesome in minecraft.
3: I'm trying to prove to my friend that I can hack a game without breaking it completely. (It didn't work)

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:47 PM
My condition was that playing the game started to feel like taking on the Spartan military with a rubber chicken alone.