Cave Story Season 2

Nov 27, 2021 at 9:47 PM
"Huzzah!"
Just wondering, why do you use Gacha?

Nov 28, 2021 at 4:05 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Okay, but why do you have to use Gacha for that?
Because why not,

Yes I know Gacha Club has a awful community but there are a bunch of good people in it, also im creating a GCMV within Episode 4

Dec 29, 2021 at 10:42 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
END OF DECEMBER UPDATE:
Modfest is on its way and I only worked on Episode 4 for a day this month, and procrastinated. (Mainly due to FNAF Security Breach) so I decided to dump the GCMV and decided to go with puzzles and adventure.

EPISODE 4's release:
Around Modfest 29.

Feb 1, 2022 at 10:39 PM
UPDATE ON EPISODE 4:
Episode 4 is content complete and ready for Modfest 29, although, there is 1 snag, Modfest 29 has not been announced yet meanwhile Episode 4's release would take a while,

BUT, I decided to make Episode 5 before the release of Episode 4, so that when Modfest 29 takes place and I released Episode 4, Episode 5 will be released a week after.
EDIT: Oh, and here is a teaser
Ep5teaser2.PNG
Now you might be thinking that this map looks bad,
TBH, It kinda does,
But there is also something important within this map.
Thats all im gonna say.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 11:43 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ah, nice to see things are ticking along for this mod, and that Episode 4 has been completed.

It will be interesting to see what comes of Curly and Misery and that frame in that otherwise symmetrical room.

Feb 4, 2022 at 12:15 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Might make another video on this mod series once 4 & 5 release. I still have yet to play episode 3 because I was waiting for the release of the remaining episodes (assuming it ends at 5)

Feb 14, 2022 at 10:21 PM
Its Valentines so im posting a teaser
cs205quotexmisery.png
(This is from Episode 5, the reason why the windowname says otherwise its because I have not changed it yet.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 15, 2022 at 12:43 AM
Based Member
Lol, not a pair I would have shipped. Matches the comical tone of the mod perfectly. Happy Valentine's Day, I guess.

I remember when we used to create a Valentine's Day thread in the satellite lounge every year. I would post a picture of my avatar indicating that Quote and Curly were celebrating valentine's day. After a few years in a row of doing that same thing, people eventually started noticing.

Feb 18, 2022 at 2:32 AM
Guys we have a release month,
RELEASEMONTH.PNG

Modfest 29 is just around the corner, so is Episode 4, so here are some teasers:

grave.PNG
"Hey, that grave looks new, what is it for?"

You'll find out later enough.

Cave Story 2x04 2_17_2022 6_20_52 PM.png
Yes, Bredbear's is making a return, and a rather short one,

I already posted this on the CSMC Discord but I decided to post the teaser here,

hallwaytospook.PNG
(This is an old image and there are more maps.)

LEAK2.PNG
I also posted this in the Discord.

Now for Episode 5 news, the release date,

Probadly March,

dont count on it tho,:momo:

I am watching a playthrough of Danganronpa on a daily basis while working on parts of Episode 5,

BUT!

During the following days, I'll patch up a few bugs Episode 4 has on both paths and make an update to Episode 3 to fix 1 game breaking bug

It would left a sour taste in your mouth if I didnt give you any Episode 5 screenie, so here's one:

Ep5teaser3.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 18, 2022 at 3:59 AM
Based Member
Sweet, looks like you've got something nifty lined up for us. Looking forward to experiencing the new content for this mod when it releases.

Feb 19, 2022 at 9:58 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Images were getting kinda big there so I added in some spoiler tags and definitely not for any other reason

Feb 19, 2022 at 4:09 PM
Sweet, looks like you've got something nifty lined up for us. Looking forward to experiencing the new content for this mod when it releases.
Its not that nifty, its just a short little comedy sequel mod you can play, although Episode 5 tends to be bigger than Episode 4.

Feb 20, 2022 at 5:15 PM
EPISODE 4 FINALLY HAS A RELEASE DATE:
2/26/22

Feb 26, 2022 at 4:15 PM
EPISODE 4 IS NOW AVAILABLE:

Episode 5 is still in devolepment and needs some finishing touches, (Still have to make altered cutscenes.) It may release in the next week or 2.

The reason why I put Episode 4 on a different page is that so I could submit it to Modfest
(Edit: Updated The Link, reuploaded because I left the error file in the zip)

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2022 at 1:31 AM
Based Member
I had Evergreen next on my list to play, but since you just now made a new release, I thought I'd give this a play and give my thoughts on it.

This mod's random, nonsensical humor just makes me giggle. It reminds me of the silly random thoughts I used to have as a kid. Every moment of this mod, you just never know what to expect.

That's an interesting effect how you are blown back a bit when walking to the next map, instead of seamlessly transitioning, when moving to the right of Breadbear's. It's almost like you're purposefully breaking the illusion of transitioning to another room.

There are a lot of places where the exact same dialogue will repeat when talking to the same character more than once. This isn't inherently bad, but this does feel a bit jarring when you talk to Toroko, and she tells you to shut up before giving you a weapon.

The battle at the end was super funny. I was expecting a running and jumping boss fight, but instead it was an RPG-style turn-based fight with trial-and-error, and I loved it. It was constructed in a way that you're undoubtedly going to die a few times, but you're able to quickly learn and adapt so it doesn't become frustrating or stale. BonziBuddy is the ultimate weapon against all things cyber, and your usage of that virus as a weapon here is legendary.

What was the deal with Boyfriend magically having a line after you rescued Curly and Misery, but not being anywhere visible on screen? I was hoping to have some sort of resolution over the fact that there was that epitaph from earlier indicating that he had gone missing for the last 2 months.

Nice work, I look forward to episode 5.

Mar 5, 2022 at 6:59 PM
"Babe wake up, the Season 2 finale have finally arrived."
Ep5Poster.PNG
It is available on the original "Cave Story Season 2" page on Doukutsu.Club

Mar 7, 2022 at 8:00 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Awesome, expect a video on the remaining 3 episodes I have yet to play later this week if i dont forget about it by then

Mar 8, 2022 at 4:00 AM
Based Member
I just played through episode 5, and got some laughs out of it.

Continuing the trend of referencing all kinds of indie games, web shows, and animated movies that millennials and gen z-ers are likely to be familiar with. That was a cute little visual effect you had of having Quote jump to a new position to symbolize him moving around. It was silly, but I liked it.

Probably the most memorable part for me was the moment when
I had Quote and Misery make out as an attempted method of combat against RedJen. I wailed with laughter when that happened. I remember you posting that picture of Quote and misery making out, but I didn't think that was actually gonna be in the mod.

"Since you entered my dorm without tresspassing." Lol, what?

Well, I wasn't expecting an honorable mention at the end, so thanks for that.

While this mod still amused me, I'll have to say that I didn't enjoy it as much as previous episodes. This episode felt very rushed and really not well tested. I know that this mod is sort of meant to have an un-polished feel to it, but there are a lot of game-breaking bugs that kept softlocking me, and it overall made the playing experience less enjoyable. Previous episodes weren't this broken. Ma Pignon seemed invincible, and I couldn't figure out how to get the Kidney soup, so I hacked the game to see the ending. Here were just a few major bugs or oversights:
In the first room that you teleport to with Curly and Misery, I can boost over the portal and go down the lower path to the left, and fall off the edge of the map, and there's no H/V trigger to take me to another room or tell me that I've fallen off the edge of the map.

When I go into that first room with the critters and bats, I can turn right back around to where I came from, and it doesn't transition me back to the previous map, instead I fall off the edge like in the other room and have to reset the game.

When I try to enter through the little cone-door that should lead back to where I came from when I'm standing outside the high school, the screen goes black, there's some text sounds, and then I'm softlocked again. This one was particularly annoying because I had to go through that bat and critter cave again when loading my last save point.

If I enter Yandere-Chan's dorm and enter the basement once again, that whole cutscene of the announcement and going to the bakery will play again. It would be good to have a flag there so that that whole sequence doesn't repeat.

When asked if Misery is my friend or my girlfriend, I told them "girlfriend," and then I got stuck at the person with a textbox but no text, and the text sound was continuing on. This softlocked me as well.

I would encourage you to playtest this thing all the way through yourself and try to patch things up at least a little bit.

I also couldn't figure out if I was supposed to trigger some special event with Basker, but the sequence in the Cafe was too broken for me to bother to try and figure it out.